Sign in to follow this  
Alias

Welcome to the MMO Discussion!

MMO A massively multiplayer online game. A computer game in which a large number of players can simultaneously interact in a persistent world or can potentially play against a large number of players in matchmaking.

*There are several types of MMO's

Types

*Sports - Football, Soccer, Hockey, etc

*Racing - Need For Speed: World, Test Drive Unlimited, etc

*Casual - The Sims Online, Monopoly City Streets

*Social - Dotsoul, IMVU

*Music - Dance Dance Revolution: Audition Style

There are also MMORPG's

An MMORPG is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game.

Examples of MMORPG's:

*World Of Warcraft

*Runescape

*Defiance

MMOs Recommended by the community!:

*Star Wars: The Old Republic - CJ

*If you want me to add more games to the list, please let me know!*

Hope this helps!

-Alias

I've been playing Eve Online on and off since 2008, but started a new character about two weeks ago. Best MMO of all time imo. 

I've been playing Eve Online on and off since 2008, but started a new character about two weeks ago. Best MMO of all time imo. 

Never heard of it, what is it exactly? 

2007scape is GOAT.

It was fun in 2007.

I tried it for a week, and it bored me to death.

Runescape in general does though...

-Alias

RIFT goes free to play on June 12.

Played this game about 2 years ago when it first came out, but stopped playing cause I didn't want to pay the 15$/mo fee. I think it's a pretty fun game and the good news when it goes F2P is that it isn't going to be a pay-to-win type service. Can't buy the best gear and such with real money, everyone still has to work for it which I find pretty cool and you aren't restricted for not paying membership. The membership is only going to be bonus features like extra exp and stuff, the game will still be the full game in its free version.

Definitely going to start playing this game again once it goes free.

Never heard of it, what is it exactly? 

Basically it's an extremely complex, hostile, and gigantic space MMO. You play the role as a capsuleer and well... just do whatever you want to make money. You can be a pirate and gank ships, run PvE Incursion (similar to raids somewhat), missions for NPC Corporations, missions for player run corporations, mine, play the markets, PvP... anything really. It's incredibly daunting at first, but rewarding on the same token. 

I've always been interested in trying Eve Online, but first off, I assume it only runs on Windows... and Secondly, I hear it's got a bit of a "FTL" style of play to it? I could be wrong, but I just heard it's a very... slow game compared to most MMORPG's. I'll have to give it a try myself I suppose to get a real opinion on it :)

~Punchy

There's only been two MMOs I could get into. One small cult following game no one's heard of called Sherwood Dungeon, and the other Runescape. And my latest venture in the later was a couple month long series of actual roleplay adventures. Pretty fun, Right now though I'm taking a break.

I'm absolutely positive I will love TESO though.

I've played several MMOs over the course of my high school back in 2004 til present

FFXIV 1.0 (Since launch date of September 22nd,2010 til its shutdown servers of November 11th, 2012)

FFXIV A Realm Reborn I'm currently part of the testing the game and was part of Alpha/Beta stage of the game even for 1.0 at the time as well. This game will be amazing, theres alot of FF elements from previous titles that they will bring to this game and its definitely a check it out MMORPG title. Like FFXI, this is a cross platform MMORPG that you will be able to play with other platforms. Will be available on PC/PS3 and PS4 Next Year. Xbox One is still 'open' for them to decide

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79764/final-fantasy-xiv-for-xbox-unlikely-due-to-cross-platform

FFXI (I've played 6-7 years) I know Ninja had played this game before and its cross platform MMORPG that you can play with ppl with PS2/PS3(when it was still compatible for ps2 games)/360/PC ppl

Ragnarok Online (Year)

Aion (1 month)

Star Wars The Old Republic (5 Months)

World of Warcraft (For 2 Months and quit due to rl friends behavior helping him n his gf get gear than helping friends get gear)

Tera (1 month)

Lord of the Rings Online(2 days lol)

Warhammer Online (Beta Only)

I know theres still Elder Scrolls Online and I found out that is game will be on all platforms but won't be like cross platform as Final Fantasy Online MMOs.

Not one person discussing WoW yet? I am disappointed.

I'll start it then :P

I've played WoW off and on since it's launch.  I just can't seem to find another MMO to replace it.  I've tried SWTOR, Rift, GW2, but none of them compare to WoW in my eyes.  The longest stretch I've gone away from WoW was about 10 months.  I used to be a hardcore raider through Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.  But now I mostly just level alts and raid through LFG.

Has anyone ever played Tibia? It's a MMORPG that I used to play a lot way back in the day

YES YES YES.  This got me started on my MMORPG spree.  I played it for about 4 years.  Started when I was 13.. That game was so terrifying, but awesome.

I pretty much preferred MMORPG's to real people in middle school/ high school.. so I played quite a few MMO's religiously.. but these were the main ones.

Tibia (4 years)

Ragnarok Online (Few months)
Flyff (2 years)
Perfect World (meh.. a few months)
WoW (5 years)

YES YES YES.  This got me started on my MMORPG spree.  I played it for about 4 years.  Started when I was 13.. That game was so terrifying, but awesome.

My cousins showed me it when I was like 11 and I played it hardcore for about 2 years and then on and off for 2 more. 

Played WoW for a couple of years on the PvP side doing 2v2's was pretty fun, recently came back last year but stop quite quickly due to the lack of friends playing 

Played Shaiya on and off for around 4 years. Coincidentally those 4 years were during high school and early univ, MMOs are a huge time sink and I just cant find the time to justify getting into a new one. It's sort of an all in or nothing deal, and you can tell that is the trend because of the millions of people still playing decade old games like WoW and Lineage 2.

TESO looks interesting but the fact its all instanced (ie only you and your party enter dungeons, no one else) is a turn off. Instanced dungeons and areas sort of takes away from the feel of a massive multiplayer game, i like everything open world public.

Some MMOs to look forward to are Wildstar, Black Desert, Archeage and of course, the big one, Titan.

If anybody that plays WoW has some PvP clips (BGs, arena, world PvP), please message me. I'm looking to do a project and I would like to do it with WoW.

*Necro'd from the demon lord's depths of hell*

Went a little too far in Panser/Tradechat's "Blizzcon in a Box" Doodle Competition. Figured I'd share:

q4O8CM1.jpg

Didn't play much MMO's. The most of an MMO i played was DC Universe. Me and my friend played up until we got to change cities and then quickly realized it's the same shit over and over again.

I wish there was more MMO's on the consoles cause i'd probably be more likely to play them.

I was hoping Destiny was gonna be an MMO, but it's more of a "shared" world.

If my laptop wasn't all fucked up i probably would've purchased Guild Wars 2 by now. No monthly subscription fee and it looks awesome.

Ive played so many MMO's in my time its nuts

List of some and about how long I played

Runescape(Before Grand Echange) - 3 Years

Shayia - 2 years

Perfect World- 1 year

LOTR Online - ?

Maplestory - 2 years

Flyff - ?

Star Wars the old republic - 1 year

And about 10 more lol