Sign in to follow this  
IamNemer

Snipedown Retires

Yeah... That's what they all say after not winning big. I bet he'll be at AGL10, especially if the prize pool goes up to 20k.

Lol Cptn Anarchy's response was so funny for some reason.  Really though, we all know he'll be back-- the next agl is 10-20k and he's on the #1 team.  After that there's a possibility however.

So you guys would rather have him just say nothing and disappear? lol come on if you got knocked out at a FFA tournament for 200k when you and the other players in your heat know your one of the best players and you get knocked out before the finals in the most random halo and gametype to date, you are telling me you would not be angry? A lot of them see what we all see; the numbers, teams, turnout, payout, viewership which is the biggest thing it wont matter how much money is on the line if the viewers do not show up then you are not gaining new people.

Lol, 2 threads on this topic now, comonguizeeee.

APG has "quit Halo" on Twitter after every single AGL this year.

Also, lolz

9rkq1qz.png

That's assuming that there'll even be a Halo 4 after AGL Indy.

So you guys would rather have him just say nothing and disappear? lol come on if you got knocked out at a FFA tournament for 200k when you and the other players in your heat know your one of the best players and you get knocked out before the finals in the most random halo and gametype to date, you are telling me you would not be angry? A lot of them see what we all see; the numbers, teams, turnout, payout, viewership which is the biggest thing it wont matter how much money is on the line if the viewers do not show up then you are not gaining new people.

Halo MP as a whole has not been "gaining" people since Reach and especially H4 which is sitting at 20-28k peak population so how would you expect a FFA tournament(4v4 is the big thing in Halo and other shooters today not FFA) to draw in more than 10k viewers max? The MP fan-base is at the weakest point its ever been right now.

Come Sunday when we get commentators/better quality stream set-up and some intense 1v1 action viewers will raise considerably but we cant expect a miracle from H4 at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Snipedown was just frustrated and vented in the heat of the moment. I don't see him retiring after AGL Indy. Until he says officially that it will be his last event, I think we can expect to see him around more.

The sad reality is that a lot of the pro players we care and root for will not be around anymore following this tournament. Some will remain involved with gaming (CoD), but that's not everyone. Just something to come to terms with.

Not surprisingly. I expect to hear about the "retirement" of a lot of players after this tournament. Or at the latest, after agl nationals. At least untill another big tournament.

"Retirement from halo" - Playing different games till a big tournament is announced...

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I ever was a professional gamer / sports player, etc then I would always say "i'm done....for now". You never know whenever you will enjoy something yet again.

Where there is $$ there will be top players...

They may stop playing the game, being a part of the community, producing content

But if there is a chance to win big bucks, they will all come back.

He's just bitching because he didn't win, it's one thing to be upset, but another to pander for support, let him throw his pity party, he'll be back.

It still boggles my mind that none of these pro's have really embraced youtube. 

Likewise. And Twitch too - Ninja is still the only person who streams consistently every day.

There's more consistent money to be made from creating videos than there is from winning tournaments.

Which scenerio do you guys think is more likely here?-

1. Snipedown really is done with halo (he just signed a contract w pgl). He doesnt want to compete or play halo period. Ambush is done.

OR

2.Snipedown is pissed with the way things went down at G4C, and is whining/wanting attention over twitter??