Moa

Halo Xbox One Synopsis

en-INTL_L_Xbox_One_Halo_29G-00530.jpg

"In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One."

Read more here!

UPDATE: Microsoft have pulled the Halo Xbox One page on the Microsoft Store

• Upvote (+1) 3

I thought someone had posted this already, so I didn't share. But cool news nonetheless.

Let's be honest, the "mysterious data chip" is probably something that gives Chief hope to bring Cortana back.

Sentient life is being hunted? The machine worlds must be producing A.I. out the ass.

UPDATE: Microsoft have pulled the Halo Xbox One page on the Microsoft Store

Very confused by the description, doesn't seem to fit the Halo universe as it currently is. Who could be hunting sentient life? Not the forerunners, as they've basically been exterminated, lacking any sort of major military presence (and they would use the Halo rings if they truly wanted to get rid of life). Not AI, as they don't really have any motive. All non-human AI has been programmed by the forerunners, who never had any desire to exterminate all life.  Not the flood, as they don't really hunt (and all graveminds should be dead or confined on Halo rings). Not even the precursors, because its been pretty well established that the last one died when they released the flood on the forerunners. Furthermore, the lack of books relating the precursors would require 343 creating a whole new facet to the universe, too much to cram into one game.

Sentient life is being hunted? The machine worlds must be producing A.I. out the ass.

Master chief to plug into the matrix in H5. Kappa

The site listed halo Xbox one's release date as 31/12/2014. That's the 31st of December.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One."

Is this all it said or was there more? If there was more, I NEED TO KNOW!!!

The site listed halo Xbox one's release date as 31/12/2012. That's the 31st of December.

When you see a game with a December 31st release date its pretty much a confirmation that there isnt a set release date yet. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is this all it said or was there more? If there was more, I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Nothing else was on the page other than the boxart in the OP (which is likely a placeholder) and obviously the synopsis.

Sounds interesting if true. I wonder what the time gap between Halo 4 and this particular game will be in terms of the game's setting.

When you see a game with a December 31st release date its pretty much a confirmation that there isnt a set release date yet. 

Another thing I didn't know.

What if the Galaxy that this description refers to is not our Galaxy, the Milky Way Galaxy but another altogether? We do know Forerunners and the Precursor's had the capability to travel to different Galaxies, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that Humanity could achieve this as well. Perhaps a Portal was used since the Forerunners seemed to use them often to travel massive distances, and Humanity has access to a few installations and shield worlds at this point, as well as the Portal that remains on Earth.

The massive phoenix like machine we see in the trailer is clearly a Forerunner War Sphinx, one of the ones that was likely buried with the purpose of protecting something, the big question is what at this point. Or perhaps they are the Hunters, and are being led by the villain, yet if the villain is a Forerunner then I am not sure why they would not simply focus their might on retrieving, securing, the Halo's and then once again use them to exterminate life.

Sentient life being hunted...

JUST sentient, or sentient organics?

If the later, I can't wait to play Halo Effect.  :kappa:

"BUT CHIEF, YOU AM THE REAPERS"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe if they just name it "Halo" with no number we can get good settings and no AAs and the old halo feel back!

Naw, they're gonna go with roman numerals now. Studios don't like numbered sequels past '4'. Something about anything higher makes it looked milked.  :kappa:

Halo IV. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

petty officer? Does that mean it's a prequel?

meaning we can go back before Halo 1 before sprint was a thing and the pistol was still the main weapon? Fuck I'll pre-order 7 of these

• Upvote (+1) 1

meaning we can go back before Halo 1 before sprint was a thing and the pistol was still the main weapon? Fuck I'll pre-order 7 of these

7 Halo Reach Two's coming up

Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief

Master Chief Petty Officer John-117