Sign in to follow this  
Haemorrhage

Should Personal Ordinance (PODs) be removed in v5?

Should PODs be removed in v5  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should PODs be removed from Throwdown?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, should AAs be placed on the map?

• Yes
    • No AAs in Throwdown

Yeah, no harm in testing it although PV is one of the most hated AA's that got introduced into H4 so I don't see it getting a good reception.

As I think about it more the less I like it in theory.   It removes surprises which is huge even with other powerups like OV, invis, rockets etc..   

As I think about it more the less I like it in theory.   It removes surprises which is huge even with other powerups like OV, invis, rockets etc..   

Yeah, exactly. It would only work if we had the option to limit it to a one time use only.

I feel like they were just added to TTD because they exist in the game, purely something to appease 343.

Personal Ordinance doesn't add anything to the game, it just takes away your grenade switching.

Yes, PODs should be removed. At least 1 AA should be placed on each map at a neutral location, or a maximum of 2 AAs (1 for each team).

I suggested testing promethean vision as a map pick up when Walshy was streaming regularly and everyone laughed :p

Pickups all the way.  Unlike H3 equipment pieces, which were obviously not in competitive settings, some AAs don't slow down gameplay.  The Thruster Pack tends to be quite versatile on maps with grav lifts like Haven (lift-thrust to mohawk) and Solace (lift thrust to Sniper).  If Narrows had a TP, you'd have been able to thrust to the bridge after going through the man cannons.  Lots of potential there, if you ask me.

I suggested testing promethean vision as a map pick up when Walshy was streaming regularly and everyone laughed :P

Rightfully so IMO. I think the only way it would be balanced is if the player who has PV popped up on the radar for the enemy team whenever he used PV so it creates a risk reward system instead of someone just abusing the AA.

We obviously can't do that in H4 so I say we leave PV alone for TTD.