Sign in to follow this  
Haemorrhage

Should Personal Ordinance (PODs) be removed in v5?

Should PODs be removed in v5  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should PODs be removed from Throwdown?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, should AAs be placed on the map?

• Yes
    • No AAs in Throwdown

2 out of the 3 voting slots in the casual Infinity Slayer playlist (Team Slayer & Legendary Slayer) are removing Personal Ordinance Drops. Should Throwdown follow suit?

Should Personal Ordinances be Disabled?

If so, should 1 or 2 Armor Abilities be placed on the map like a powerup?

Discuss.

Unfair to compare TTD to Infinity seeing as 

1.) TTD uses AA's that aren't seen as gamebreaking or OP in the PoD's

and

2.) They aren't randomised in TTD, you get the same 3 selections each time

Having said that, I would prefer if Ghost took the MLG Reach approach and utilised some of the AA's for on-map pickups, it clears up the D-pad for grenade cycling and clutters the HUD, too.

If they were reverted to map pickups, I wouldn't want to see the map cluttered with them. S9/Sanc are good examples of just having 2 Jetpacks on the map, max 3 on any given map IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Unfair to compare TTD to Infinity seeing as

1.) TTD uses AA's that aren't seen as gamebreaking or OP in the PoD's

and

2.) They aren't randomised in TTD, you get the same 3 selections each time

Having said that, I would prefer if Ghost took the MLG Reach approach and utilised some of the AA's for on-map pickups, it clears up the D-pad for grenade cycling and clutters the HUD, too.

If they were reverted to map pickups, I wouldn't want to see the map cluttered with them. S9/Sanc are good examples of just having 2 Jetpacks on the map, max 3 on any given map IMO.

As always Sam, well said.

Yes, freeing up Grenade cycling is the main pro of disabling PODs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes and yes please.

I like how AAs can have minor effects on gameplay and how they can allow individuals to make interesting plays, but there are issues with Personal Ordnance such as interfering with grenade switching and that switching to map specific pikcups allows for the AAs on each map to be better tailored to that map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe people will actually have to time weapons instead of getting a free notification on the screen.

i was referring more to personal ordinance (AAs) than initial/random ordinance (power weapons).

Weapon indications however is another good debate. This can be easily removed via on map weapons like Legendary slayer vs ordinance drops.

They should be removed, I feel the game has suffered in so many ways due to them and it is time to see them get the boot honestly from Matchmaking at the least. Those kind of things can be ok within Custom Games, if a person so chooses, but they should never have been implemented into any portion of Matchmaking ever.

They literally turned Big Team into a Action Sack game-type, with so much randomness and so many different power weapons that you can never expect anything to be balanced or fair anymore.

If they were to become pickups, which AA's would be powerful enough to warrant them being a pickup?

For instance, I don't think Thruster Pack is useful enough to be a pickup, because absolutely no one is going to care about it's presence if it becomes a pickup.

I'm just gonna throw it out there, could Promethean Vision work as a map pickup?

Shit, sorry guys. When I edited the title on my phone the poll was deleted. It is back up now.

Before it was deleted it was:

Question 1

Yes 18

No 2

Question 2

Yes 14

No 6

#failpoll

The only AA's I would bother competing over is Promethean Vision, Jet Pack, Thruster Pack, Regeneration Field, all of which I hate and feel they simply were designed very poorly and thus do not really deserve a place within the settings even as a on map pick up. Though I do use Thruster Pack, and Promethean Vision, in Infinity settings, whenever I am forced to play those in Matchmaking, they are the best out of the AA's if we are referring to game breaking strengths.

If they were to become pickups, which AA's would be powerful enough to warrant them being a pickup?

For instance, I don't think Thruster Pack is useful enough to be a pickup, because absolutely no one is going to care about it's presence if it becomes a pickup.

I'm just gonna throw it out there, could Promethean Vision work as a map pickup?

Depends where you place them. If you place a relatively less impactful ability like the Thruster somewhere along a highly traveres route it will probably see some use because players are going there anyway.

But something more significant like a Jetpack (on a map with multiple level that can interact with each other like Orion if it sees any further action), PV, or the Hardlight Shield (especially for Extraction) are more likely to have a decent impact on the state of the game so players will be more likely to go slightly out of their way to get these.

The trick is to ensure that the utility of the AAs matches the effort a player would have to put in to gain control of them.

I think prom vision could work as a central powerup that both teams would actually need to fight over.  It's extremely powerful and you would not want it to fall into the enemy team's hands.

I think prom vision could work as a central powerup that both teams would actually need to fight over.  It's extremely powerful and you would not want it to fall into the enemy team's hands.

Too OP IMO seeing as it would be used on a no Radar playlist and would have unlimited uses if the player stays alive.

Too OP IMO seeing as it would be used on a no Radar playlist and would have unlimited uses if the player stays alive.

Agreed 100%. I hate PV when people use it in doubles and it'd be even worse with a gametype that has no radar. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed 100%. I hate PV when people use it in doubles and it'd be even worse with a gametype that has no radar. 

Too be fair- that's not a map pickup though where there is only one that both teams must fight for and once you kill the guy it never comes back.

I say it's worth a test for 4v4s.

Too be fair- that's not a map pickup though where there is only one that both teams must fight for and once you kill the guy it never comes back.

I say it's worth a test for 4v4s.

True....i dont see anything wrong with testing it along with the other AAs as pick up other than jetpack and camo (imo.)

it may be OP theory but it may be as bad as we think in practice and could be cool to test. At least PV has the noise feedback so you would know when a player in the area is using it. And would definately be worth fighting over without radar.

At least having AAs on the map, it allows us to take advantage of more of the AAs than just the current 3. Like Camo, jet pack and even Regen field.

I have and always will support AAs being placed on map, over being rewarded based off the crappy point system and delivered in such a hap-hazed fashion while temporarily disabling the ability to change grenades, and giving away your location.

To many subtle negatives are associated with PODs, compared to the cleanliness, fairness and competitiveness of them being placed on map as pick-ups.

No one will miss PODs. 

Edit: I also will always support stronger AAs being placed on map on appropriate timers such as PV and Camo. There is nothing wrong with their strength so long as the timer is set in accordance to their power. Of course a strong AA will be OP if you leave it on a short timer, just like Rockets would be if it was on 30 seconds. PV would be an amazing power-up for this game and could add some crazy meta.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Do we the players have configuration controls for recharge rate of AA's? Binary slayer has unlimited thruster pack.

If so, the recharge rate on PV could be set at like, 90 seconds or longer if possible, that way there's a high probability of the player who owns it dying before getting to use it again.

Of course, once they die someone else can pick it up and use it, and i don't think you can limit the # of uses on AA's..ugh

it may be OP theory but it may be as bad as we think in practice and could be cool to test. At least PV has the noise feedback so you would know when a player in the area is using it. And would definately be worth fighting over without radar.

At least having AAs on the map, it allows us to take advantage of more of the AAs than just the current 3. Like Camo, jet pack and even Regen field.

Yeah, no harm in testing it although PV is one of the most hated AA's that got introduced into H4 so I don't see it getting a good reception.