Sign in to follow this  
TheFunkyChickn

Question about CSR.

Do you have to get the number 1 score overall to rank up?
Stuck at a 38 in slayer, and I've been placing in the top 3 in the overall lobby, and mostly winning. I'm still not ranking up, which is slightly annoying.

Anyone know?

It depends on the CSR of everyone else too.  The system checks the CSR of all players in the match.  If the system expects you to do well and you end up doing well, you're not going to rank up.  

If you play with a bunch of people with a higher CSR than you, the system expects you to not do well.  If you end up doing well anyways, then you rank up.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Think of individual playlists as a free for all. The person with the highest score gets 1st, thats how you rank up. If your team wins but you go 15-0 with the second highest score, you can rank down.  :bravo:

Like Capitalist said always gun for being the player with the most points on the leaderboard in individual scoring playlists.

KD has no influence. Being on the winning or losing team has no influence whatsoever.

In case you don't know yet check quickcsr.com. Better than Waypoint and it also tells you which playlists use individual or team scoring.

In team scoring the win is all that matters. Being on the winning team will rank you up even if you get 1 kill and die like 154,9 times

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't know why team slayer isn't judged on w/l, makes no sense. I always Thought win rank up, loose rank down. So even if I go negative k/d, we loose but I am super aggressive and score a ton, my rank will go up. And a support player that goes positive, Wins, but doesn't score that well, their rank will go down? If that's right that has to be the stupidest thing I've herd, but not like it matters since ranks aren't viewable in game

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't know why team slayer isn't judged on w/l, makes no sense. I always Thought win rank up, loose rank down. So even if I go negative k/d, we loose but I am super aggressive and score a ton, my rank will go up. And a support player that goes positive, Wins, but doesn't score that well, their rank will go down? If that's right that has to be the stupidest thing I've herd, but not like it matters since ranks aren't viewable in game

It's right, and yes it's the stupidest thing. If you go 10-30 and get a comeback kill everytime you'd have as many points as somebody with 20-10 or so, because of the extra medals you get.

like 154,9 times

Dat comma doe...  :maven:

Yeah the individual scoring playlists are frustrating to say the least. Like others said, just try to hit top score every time, regardless of W/L.

1st thing to understand is that it lags behind by a game.  So you can get 1st and go down because *your last game* you had last.

2nd thing to understand is that individual csr playlists only care about points.  If you are in the top half you go up, bottom half you go down- the changes are more drastic depending on how close to 1st or last you are.   Only points matter in these playlists- aim for top 3 point scorers in a 4v4 to try and go up- although of course if you get first you are much more likely to go up.

3rd thing to understand is that it all depends on the csr of the people you are playing with as well.  Even if you get first 3 times in a row you might not rank up if the people you were playing with are way below your level.  (although you will never rank down for getting 1st in points- keep in mind point #1 if you think this has happened.)

For team csr playlists all that matters is winning or losing- ignore point 2, allthough points 1 and 3 still apply.  Team csr also takes much longer to rank up in.

quickcsr.com lists each of the playlists and whether they are individual csr or team csr.

Point 4:  team csr is better and should be the way that they all are except for free for alls.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's crazy to me that a gametype listed as "individual" such as slayer doesn't reward you for a good K/D with rank progression. It doesn't make sense that I could go down in rank from going 10-2 w/ a win because I didn't earn enough points.

It's crazy to me that a gametype listed as "individual" such as slayer doesn't reward you for a good K/D with rank progression. It doesn't make sense that I could go down in rank from going 10-2 w/ a win because I didn't earn enough points.

It's crazy that individual csr exists at all.  K/d is often irrelevant when it comes to winning a team game.  Points are as well, although at least points take into account assists.

2nd thing to understand is that individual csr playlists only care about points.  If you are in the top half you go up, bottom half you go down- the changes are more drastic depending on how close to 1st or last you are.   Only points matter in these playlists- aim for top 3 point scorers in a 4v4 to try and go up- although of course if you get first you are much more likely to go up.

3rd thing to understand is that it all depends on the csr of the people you are playing with as well.  Even if you get first 3 times in a row you might not rank up if the people you were playing with are way below your level.  (although you will never rank down for getting 1st in points- keep in mind point #1 if you think this has happened.)

The second thing is not entirely correct. You can be on the top half but if you have a (considerably) higher CSR than the people who have more points than you, you also go down. This applies especially in the high 40s

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did You Know That If Someone Quits Out Their CSR has No Effect On That Game. Let's Say IM A 25 In CTF Playlist And IM Playing A Team Of 50s And IM Winning. If They Rage Quit Before The Game Ends My CSR Would Not Go Up. Quiting Out Also Protects Your CSR. Check Out People Like LT Wasp CSRs WHO USES THIS GLITCH.

Did You Know That If Someone Quits Out Their CSR has No Effect On That Game. Let's Say IM A 25 In CTF Playlist And IM Playing A Team Of 50s And IM Winning. If They Rage Quit Before The Game Ends My CSR Would Not Go Up. Quiting Out Also Protects Your CSR. Check Out People Like LT Wasp CSRs WHO USES THIS GLITCH.

only if you quit before the games starts.

only if you quit before the games starts.

I Know People Who Do This Trust Me It Works. I Remember Playing Mejestic Dlc Against A 50 Beat Him Twice Both Games He Quit Out At The End And no One On My Team CSR went Up.

I Know People Who Do This Trust Me It Works. I Remember Playing Mejestic Dlc Against A 50 Beat Him Twice Both Games He Quit Out At The End And no One On My Team CSR went Up.

I Like Starting Every Word With Capital Letters Too. We Have A  Lot In Common. Does Your Shift Key Get Stuck Randomly Too?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dislike the CSR.  I've played every BTB and Slayer game with a friend of mine, I am (or was, have not checked for a while) a 50 and he is a 27.  We've won and lost the same amount.  On the flip side I do like how even if I have terrible teammates like I usually get I can still either rank up or stay the same.

I dislike the CSR. I've played every BTB and Slayer game with a friend of mine, I am (or was, have not checked for a while) a 50 and he is a 27. We've won and lost the same amount. On the flip side I do like how even if I have terrible teammates like I usually get I can still either rank up or stay the same.

Most playlists are based on individual performance, not wins. You clearly out-perform your friend.