Snakes Solstice

XBC Can Make Playing H3, Reach and H4 Online Like LAN

Why does Halo 3 look so.... so clean? So.... good? It seems different. I ran around it the other day and experienced this as well, and I haven't liked playing it at all since Reach released. 

Even Reach when I went back after Halo 4 looked noticeably different. Is there some sort of motion setting (other than blur) that makes it seem... I don't know, smoother? Faster? 

Umm yeah? Halo 3 was a great competitive game, I would rather that be on the circuit (if there was a circuit) than Halo 4. 

Well Halo 3 was certainly a better Halo multiplayer than the last two iterations (except for some specific settings), but it had a list of its own problems and bad maps as well. I'd say it was what started digging the hole we're in now. 

Halo 3 was a great competitive game...

That's like a fat chick trying to put on skinny jeans, really stretching it there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

for halo 3/xbox360 games, you have to be under 30 ping to be able to play.  it'd be hard to find 7 other people under 30 ping.

That's like a fat chick trying to put on skinny jeans, really stretching it there.

Sorry, I guess I should have said when compared to Halo 4. Halo 3 experienced the golden age of competitive Halo in terms of the attention it got and how many people played. It was also a great game to watch. The settings weren't all that different than the Regular matchmaking settings so it wasn't hard to get into the MLG aspect of Halo 3.

I don't think I was stretching anything. We all know CE and H2 have more competitive merit than Halo 3 but at least the game had good maps, gametypes and balanced weapons. 

Also descope, spawn killing, 4 player theater, no sprint, ranking system.

Past iterations of Halo may have been the greatest, but that doesn't mean Halo 3 isn't great.

OT: XBC can be hard for people to set up and it just seems so unorthodox. Hopefully with Halo 5 the dedicated servers will eliminate the bad host problem.

Why does Halo 3 look so.... so clean? So.... good? It seems different. I ran around it the other day and experienced this as well, and I haven't liked playing it at all since Reach released. 

Even Reach when I went back after Halo 4 looked noticeably different. Is there some sort of motion setting (other than blur) that makes it seem... I don't know, smoother? Faster? 

Well Halo 3 was certainly a better Halo multiplayer than the last two iterations (except for some specific settings), but it had a list of its own problems and bad maps as well. I'd say it was what started digging the hole we're in now. 

It's just the art style- which I agree was best in halo 3.  Notice how the map isn't filled with clutter just for the sake of clutter.  Simple with good color schemes.    Reach and halo 4 (especially reach imo) went for a more "realistic" visual scene similar to CoD, where even the spartans have signs of wear and tear on their armor- which I dislike compared to the more fanciful halo 3.   Everything looks cleaner and better when utility is the motive, not jagged edges on all the walls.

This has become much more of a challenge than I originally expected. :/

There are just not enough people who know how to use their computers well enough and it's their fault for not knowing but there is not much we can do....

Ya Reach was good online but I just wanted to test it to see if it worked at least

Reach wasnt THAT good, I've seen bloodshots on LAN