Snakes Solstice

XBC Can Make Playing H3, Reach and H4 Online Like LAN

Ok to start off I just want people to get aware of this situation. I decided to see if Halo 3 would be good on XBC because XBL has a lot of problems. So I tested out with a buddy and the connection was amazing. We both switch on and off host and the connection was always perfect. I will be uploading a film later tonight but if you want proof now go onto my fileshare for Halo 3 and I have 2 full length
videos off host and I guarantee your going to believe it's LAN.
Now I did test this on Reach and Halo 4 last night as well. While Reach again was amazing, we couldnt get H4 working so I'll to do more test. Here is the issue though, you can play H1 and H2 on any Ping and its fine but on 360 games you can't connect to people when you have over 30MS Ping. I have found that up to 40ms is usually ok as well but if your Ping is too high you can't connect to the person and it says NAT not compatible on your xbox screen. But as long as your ping can get to somewhere between 30-40ms while connecting then you are fine because once your in the lobby your ping can be whatever.

You're probably wondering what is the point and that is a good question. If you live in the Midwest, East coast or West Coast you can play with people close to you and have it feel like LAN!!

Now I really want to get the H4 one working because its the main game as of now but I want to also throw in that you dont have to be close to the person to play like this but if you want to play with someone across the country you better have a damn good Internet.

Having the ability to choose who is host and having an even playing field because of good connection is what everyone wants right!?

Still trying to test 2's and 4's if people want to help me test, that would be awesome! Most people know I live in Indiana so if your semi close to that state or have an amazing Internet, then it should work.

This could change how people do scrims online with people who are close by or have good internet

What do you guys think about this? Let me know if you want a tutorial as well cause it can be frustrating sometimes but it's so worth it :D

Just uploaded the video!

• Upvote (+1) 4

We knew about this.

But I actually don't think anyone really tried anything past H2 on XBC. At that, it makes sense to do H3 on XBC, with the shit netcode and shit BR and shit BR spread. 

And IMO Reach had such a good netcode it wouldn't need XBC anyway. 

So what have you done to test this? 4v4's? I'd love to see how these 4v4's on XBC can make Halo 3 and Reach feel like LAN. I'm sure 1v1 is fine, and 2v2 wouldn't be a problem, but 4v4 on XBC would be interesting.

So what have you done to test this? 4v4's? I'd love to see how these 4v4's on XBC can make Halo 3 and Reach feel like LAN. I'm sure 1v1 is fine, and 2v2 wouldn't be a problem, but 4v4 on XBC would be interesting.

I plan on testing as soon as I can get enough people that can connect to me. So I am trying to get this around and when I post the video I hope people get excited!

If I'm on XBC it's not for Halo 3 or lol Reach/4 but good idea.

I agree with Reach and H4 but you have no idea how much of a difference and fun H3 is when everything hits haha

Are you sure it didn't just feel so good because you were playing on a sub 40 ping host? I've been playing XBC for a while and there's only one guy I ping around 30-40 in H2 and that's my boy Valo (Who streams H2 regularly btw). When he plays on my host he pings me around 30 and he LOVES playing on my host.

I don't think it's XBC itself making it feel so crisp, it's playing on a host with that low of a ping.

Edit: I'm kind of curious as to why you would use XBC not to play the solid gold that is H1-H2, but instead the rather, shall we say, bronze that is Reach and later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you sure it didn't just feel so good because you were playing on a sub 40 ping host? I've been playing XBC for a while and there's only one guy I ping around 30-40 in H2 and that's my boy Valo (Who streams H2 regularly btw). When he plays on my host he pings me around 30 and he LOVES playing on my host.

I don't think it's XBC itself making it feel so crisp, it's playing on a host with that low of a ping.

Yes it is a low Ping because that is how it has to be for it to connect but we played again on Live and it was complete trash so :/

Also we were able to connect to one of my friends host who is in Texas but he couldnt join the game lobby on Xbox. so my Nabes and I played a 1v1 on his "host" and it was still great even though the his ping was about 80.

BTW video is now uploaded :D

Yes it is a low Ping because that is how it has to be for it to connect but we played again on Live and it was complete trash so :/

Also we were able to connect to one of my friends host who is in Texas but he couldnt join the game lobby on Xbox. so my Nabes and I played a 1v1 on his "host" and it was still great even though the his ping was about 80.

BTW video is now uploaded :D

Well I believe you but I would be really interested in seeing 4v4s H3 on XBC and see how it goes. Having people with a range of pings would more accurately portray the Xbox Live environment so we can get a good comparison going.

If H3 does work better on XBC I would probably go out and buy it again. That game is infinitely better in low latency.

Edit: Just watched the video and that does look like either an extremely low ping XBL host or LAN. Pretty impressive. I played H3 quite seriously in '07-'08 (10-12 hour days, GB, the whole nine yards) and I probably only played on a host like that a handful of times. It honestly is pretty close to LAN in that video.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok to start off I just want people to get aware of this situation. I decided to see if Halo 3 would be good on XBC because XBL has a lot of problems. So I tested out with a buddy and the connection was amazing. We both switch on and off host and the connection was always perfect. I will be uploading a film later tonight but if you want proof now go onto my fileshare for Halo 3 and I have 2 full length

videos off host and I guarantee your going to believe it's LAN.

Now I did test this on Reach and Halo 4 last night as well. While Reach again was amazing, we couldnt get H4 working so I'll to do more test. Here is the issue though, you can play H1 and H2 on any Ping and its fine but on 360 games you can't connect to people when you have over 30MS Ping. I have found that up to 40ms is usually ok as well but if your Ping is too high you can't connect to the person and it says NAT not compatible on your xbox screen. But as long as your ping can get to somewhere between 30-40ms while connecting then you are fine because once your in the lobby your ping can be whatever.

You're probably wondering what is the point and that is a good question. If you live in the Midwest, East coast or West Coast you can play with people close to you and have it feel like LAN!!

Now I really want to get the H4 one working because its the main game as of now but I want to also throw in that you dont have to be close to the person to play like this but if you want to play with someone across the country you better have a damn good Internet.

Having the ability to choose who is host and having an even playing field because of good connection is what everyone wants right!?

Still trying to test 2's and 4's if people want to help me test, that would be awesome! Most people know I live in Indiana so if your semi close to that state or have an amazing Internet, then it should work.

This could change how people do scrims online with people who are close by or have good internet

What do you guys think about this? Let me know if you want a tutorial as well cause it can be frustrating sometimes but it's so worth it :D

Just uploaded the video!

I want to see this on another persons host. Naabes pulls host all the time in  Matchmaking and his connection feels like lan to me. XBC is no different than XBL, there are no difference in networking.

Yeah the video looks good, but it would definitely be better to test 4v4 with some mixed locations and pings going. It looks real solid though in the gameplay.

I can try to help you test 4v4s (I live in NJ)

Yeah the video looks good, but it would definitely be better to test 4v4 with some mixed locations and pings going. It looks real solid though in the gameplay.

I can try to help you test 4v4s (I live in NJ)

Awesome I could make a in depth video so I dont have to keep explaining it over and over again if you want but for now watch this to at least get it downloaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dgGPbND8E

Awesome I could make a in depth video so I dont have to keep explaining it over and over again if you want but for now watch this to at least get it downloaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dgGPbND8E

I understand what you are trying to say, but until we get get 8 people on, we won't be able to tell how the game will play at a 4v4 level. The game obviously looks smooth and crisp for 1v1's, and I'm glad you showcased what off host looks like.

I've been on XBC for years now, so I mostly have the trouble shooting down, but XBC can be SUCH A BITCH to hook up. Especially if you're just learning how to work ports and what not.

Hey snake, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm the guy who pops into your streams asking if you were the snake from H2. I feel like I've asked you a few times without realizing lol but yeah I thought this name sounded familiar.

I understand what you are trying to say, but until we get get 8 people on, we won't be able to tell how the game will play at a 4v4 level. The game obviously looks smooth and crisp for 1v1's, and I'm glad you showcased what off host looks like.

I've been on XBC for years now, so I mostly have the trouble shooting down, but XBC can be SUCH A BITCH to hook up. Especially if you're just learning how to work ports and what not.

Hey snake, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm the guy who pops into your streams asking if you were the snake from H2. I feel like I've asked you a few times without realizing lol but yeah I thought this name sounded familiar.Ya it can be ha

It can be hard sometimes I know but as you can see... it might be worth it! So do you want a guide then.....?

And yes I do remember you

Based on my personal experience with Halo 1 on XBC, I really don't think it will make games play as well as LAN.

Even so, Halo 3 on LAN still suffers from registration problems. I remember seeing that for myself while watching MLG stream a H3 tournament. Can you believe that they actually ran a game where shots wouldnt register on LAN?!?!? 

Based on my personal experience with Halo 1 on XBC, I really don't think it will make games play as well as LAN.

Even so, Halo 3 on LAN still suffers from registration problems. I remember seeing that for myself while watching MLG stream a H3 tournament. Can you believe that they actually ran a game where shots wouldnt register on LAN?!?!? 

Umm yeah? Halo 3 was a great competitive game, I would rather that be on the circuit (if there was a circuit) than Halo 4. 

So does me Microsoft clear games after a new one is out? I remember you couldn't play Halo 3 on XBC when it first came out. I'm pretty sure that's why Halo 4 isn't working for you.

Umm yeah? Halo 3 was a great competitive game. 

Halo 3 is a great competitive game yet shots don't register on LAN...

Come on.

• Upvote (+1) 1