Sign in to follow this  
Haemorrhage

Custom Controller Layouts

If you could customize your controller layout, what would you assign to each button? Mine is a mash up of Default and Bumper Jumper and assigning grenade cycling to up on the D-pad.

Infinity:

A - Melee

B - Crouch

X - Action/Reload

Y - Switch Weapons
Left Analog Click - Sprint
Right Analog Click - Zoom
Right Trigger - Fire Weapon
Left Trigger - Throw Grenade
Right Bumper - Use Armor Ability

Left Bumper - Jump

D-Pad - Cycle Grenades

←/→/↓ D-Pad - PODs

Classic (no sprint, AAs, or PODs):

A - Switch Grenades left

B - Switch Grenades right

X - Action/Reload

Y - Change Weapon
Left Analog Click - Crouch
Right Analog Click - Zoom
Right Trigger - Fire
Left Trigger - Use Grenades
Right Bumper - Melee
Left Bumper - Jump

Thinking about this made me realize that sprint, AAs and PODs not only break Halos gameplay but also the controllers button layouts. Just because a button is free, doesn't mean you need to make it "do" something (Halo 3's equipment I am looking at you). Sometimes simpler is better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, Recon and Bumper Jumper are nearly perfect for me, I just wish the grenade cycle was on the bumpers again. I hate ordinances and grenades being on the same button. All the more reasoning to get rid of them :bravo:  

Bumper Jumper is perfect for me. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

same.  Bumper jumper is objectively the best control scheme unless you are an avid jetpacker who cannot claw even a little bit.     

For team throwdown though- bumper jumper all the way.  I would just fix the d-pad so that grenade cycling is press down and the armor abilities are up,left, and right.  That's the only change worth making.

same.  Bumper jumper is objectively the best control scheme unless you are an avid jetpacker who cannot claw even a little bit.     

For team throwdown though- bumper jumper all the way.  I would just fix the d-pad so that grenade cycling is press down and the armor abilities are up,left, and right.  That's the only change worth making.

Or move AA's to map pickups. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking about non-controversial ideas for H5 (I know this isn't the right thread but its sort of related), a button layout that is fully customizable in the menu would be awesome. I usually want to switch one or two things around for every preset layout I try in H4.

Heres mine

A- Jump

B- Melee

X- Reload/pick-up weapon/objective/action

Y- Switch Weapon

LT- Grenade

RT- Shoot

RB- Use AA

LB- Sprint

D-pad to cycle grenades and POD's

Zoom and crouch are RS and LS of course.

Heres mine

A- Jump

B- Melee

X- Reload/pick-up weapon/objective/action

Y- Switch Weapon

LT- Grenade

RT- Shoot

RB- Use AA

LB- Sprint

D-pad to cycle grenades and POD's

Zoom and crouch are RS and LS of course.

can't jump while looking around, can't melee while looking around.   bumper jumper better- removes the need to claw.

can't jump while looking around, can't melee while looking around. bumper jumper better- removes the need to claw.

I don't claw aha. I have always played with the "classic" layout and when Bumper Jumper made its debut I never once thought about switching. I honestly feel it doesn't improve MY game at all.

I don't claw aha. I have always played with the "classic" layout and when Bumper Jumper made its debut I never once thought about switching. I honestly feel it doesn't improve MY game at all.

Being able to look around while jumping would certainly improve your gameplay- same as being able to melee while looking around.  It may not be a huge improvement, but it is an improvement.  You said it yourself: you never even tried it.

It is honestly difficult for me to understand why people wouldn't have taken the day to switch to it back in halo 3.  In my eyes it was objectively the best for sure in halo 3, and still is in halo 4 although there are some minor grievances with jetpacking and aiming at the same time (which is irrelevant for someone like me who doesn't even use jetpack in infinity slayer).

Being able to look around while jumping would certainly improve your gameplay- same as being able to melee while looking around. It may not be a huge improvement, but it is an improvement. You said it yourself: you never even tried it.

It is honestly difficult for me to understand why people wouldn't have taken the day to switch to it back in halo 3. In my eyes it was objectively the best for sure in halo 3, and still is in halo 4

although there are some minor grievances with jetpacking and aiming at the same time (which is irrelevant for someone like me who doesn't even use jetpack in infinity slayer).

Well I have tried it in matchmaking back in H3 and even in H4 just to see if it helped.. After about 15 games I switched back because it wasn't natural for me. There has never been a situation where I was like "If I was on bumper jumper I would have not lost that fight or I would have made that jump." Everyone is different I guess.