Sign in to follow this  
DRAC0N1K

Halo 4 GC has shown there are other unnamed pros out there

There were Pros back in Halo 2 and Halo 3. There were Pros even in the CE days. Just comes to show theres other players out there that are just as good or better. I was looking at the Leaderboards seeing the Halo Pros that are known go down in the charts and I'm like "how the hell are these people beating these guys?" Then It came to me that there are unnamed players out there that are gonna get known one day. It also gives an opportunity for their to be more teams forming for AGL and for AGL itself to get bigger.

Best of luck to all the finalists

- DRAC0N1K

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really don't think an online FFA tournament with wacky settings is the best indicator of who's a pro and who isn't.

This.

Except for week 3, that was rumble pro settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really don't think an online FFA tournament with wacky settings is the best indicator of who's a pro and who isn't. 

Then what about the RTX and Gamescom finalists?

• Upvote (+1) 2

This.

Except for week 3, that was rumble pro settings.

But still, a lot of factors were random in determining who lost their streak and who didn't. Sign out glitching, the glitch where if you used a quit or host changed, it gave you a DNF, if you had already used your 3 quits and host changed, it could count as a loss.

The Online qualifiers should be taken with a grain of salt. Having said that, if someone like FootedPanda or Dale967 makes it far up in the LAN Finals, then sure, we can say there are unnamed pros out there, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Then what about the RTX and Gamescom finalists?

Although it wasn't random in settings, connection, no cheating etc, the competition wasn't exactly big there, only a few pros were at RTX.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But still, a lot of factors were random in determining who lost their streak and who didn't. Sign out glitching, the glitch where if you used a quit or host changed, it gave you a DNF, if you had already used your 3 quits and host changed, it could count as a loss.

The Online qualifiers should be taken with a grain of salt. Having said that, if someone like FootedPanda or Dale967 makes it far up in the LAN Finals, then sure, we can say there are unnamed pros out there, but we'll have to wait and see. 

Although it wasn't random in settings, connection, no cheating etc, the competition wasn't exactly big there, only a few pros were at RTX.

That coupled with the fact that most matches (from the two weeks I got to experience) came down to who could clean up noobs the fastest. The matchmaking just wasn't that good. I find more competitive games in normal Rumble Pit.

I'd like to hope that some unnamed players will make some upsets but with most pros of then and now popping out of the woodwork to compete, it'll be hard to establish a name in this crowd. Hopefully this doesn't end up like combine 4's where no amateur will see the light of day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is still such thing as a Halo "Pro?"

I thought that died out long ago with actual competitive Halo.

Or is it just a term people use for someone who has a lot of followers on twitter?

• Upvote (+1) 2

That coupled with the fact that most matches (from the two weeks I got to experience) came down to who could clean up noobs the fastest. The matchmaking just wasn't that good. I find more competitive games in normal Rumble Pit.

I'd like to hope that some unnamed players will make some upsets but with most pros of then and now popping out of the woodwork to compete, it'll be hard to establish a name in this crowd. Hopefully this doesn't end up like combine 4's where no amateur will see the light of day.

Yeah, agreed. Most of the Online games I played, there were 1 or 2 other decent people in my lobby and the rest would just run around like headless Chickens.

Did legit not get an invite? On his twitter he was talking APG getting the last invite and it sounded like he got snubbed. Would suck he's my favorite pro and he would have a good chance of winning it all

Did legit not get an invite? On his twitter he was talking APG getting the last invite and it sounded like he got snubbed. Would suck he's my favorite pro and he would have a good chance of winning it all

I'm pretty sure he is going, but I think he has to pay for travel + hotel now.

I hope an unknown wins, it will make it more exciting, and we all know Halo 4 needs all it can get. A well known pro winning won't catch anyone's eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope pistola or strongside wins.

Im not sure how those unknown players that were the best at Grab Bag are going to do on a competative LAN against atleast 30 other pros

too bad these "unnamed pros" are becoming known in the easiest halo game in history. Good for them

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think half these unknowns will be knocked out round 1 or round 2. Toxinate will be KO round 4 and the finals will be pistolla vs strongside in a first to 10 kills on onyxs.

Considering no one plays H4 i dont think many of them would be "pro" in a game such as H2 or H3. On top of that some cheated.. either way the pros will all get the top 8 spots. But it is good to see some new faces

There are always unkown players that are good online, but once it comes to tournaments it's a whole nother story. I also wouldn't call them "unname pros". 

What's the point of putting your name at the bottom of a post? It's obviously coming from you since it's your account posting it. Ghostayame does it and i've seen others do it. Kinda redundant isn't it? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's the point of putting your name at the bottom of a post? It's obviously coming from you since it's your account posting it. Ghostayame does it and i've seen others do it. Kinda redundant isn't it? 

Yeah always thought it was stupid.

~Doju

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone remember l terry15 l

WHAT A JOKE.

FUCK MATCHMAKING, BACK TO CUSTOMS!

puka beads for the win.

I hope one of these unknown guys does well - more known players means more of a competitive scene.  If the GC was 4v4, we would probably only be seeing known teams, so I think it being FFA was a good call.

strongside-pistola finals is the safest bet imo.

Yoshi will not make it, and neither will the other unkowns.

Last night he i didn't see him finish below top 4 in a single game I watched.