Sam

Post one idea for Halo 5 that's noncontroversial

1. Less Medals

2. Halo 3 veto system

3. No plasma pistols or plasma grenades in loadouts for BTB. I actually dont mind loadouts, they just need to be balanced.

4. Competitive in game ranking system

5. No sprint

6. Descope

While I agree with your post, the OP says non-controversial. No-sprint is definetely controversial (maybe not on this site, but on others). Try to keep this thread focussed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know this discussion was a few pages back, but grenade hit markers are a crutch that need to die.

Keep them for shots fired that actually contact a person, but for rocket splash and grenades they need to not be there.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Auto boot players who grieve their team... especially for power weapons. By auto I mean when it is so obvious (there are no enemies in the immediate area) that even the server will always get it right.

What about a potential map like Blood Gulch where on Team Snipers you may accidentally hit your teammate in the back and you get booted for Grieving even though you it was obviously an accident because you were shooting at the enemy?

I see difficulties with affectively implementing a system like you envision, because of the potential scenario I envisioned, and my guess is, other issues would arise as well.

The easy fix is removing friendly fire; just saying.

Lol I'm pretty sure anything can be controversial for Halo.. But i'll play it safe. Make sure there's guns in the game. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Lol I'm pretty sure anything can be controversial for Halo.. But i'll play it safe. Make sure there's guns in the game. 

There are many things that either Bungie or 343 have taken out in previous Halo titles that are noncontroversial. The thread was meant to be those small type of things like better UI, multi person Theater etc but I'm not too bothered about the other bigger issues.

There are many things that either Bungie or 343 have taken out in previous Halo titles that are noncontroversial. The thread was meant to be those small type of things like better UI, multi person Theater etc but I'm not too bothered about the other bigger issues.

There's been arguments about the U.I lol(just saying). But, bringing back all the game types from the previous Halos. There was no reason to take away V.I.P, Juggernaut, etc. 

There's been arguments about the U.I lol(just saying). But, bringing back all the game types from the previous Halos. There was no reason to take away V.I.P, Juggernaut, etc. 

Please show me one person that prefers the Halo 4 UI over every other Halo. I'd love to hear their reasoning. 

Please show me one person that prefers the Halo 4 UI over every other Halo. I'd love to hear their reasoning.

See all of Lochs posts. 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2514-343-hiring-lead-user-interface-designer/page-2

I'll also put some quotes in there for you.

but I much prefer a change to a rehash of something we've seen since 2004.

I don't see a problem with the menus, maybe I haven't used them enough. What's wrong with them?

See all of Lochs posts. 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2514-343-hiring-lead-user-interface-designer/page-2

I'll also put some quotes in there for you.

I read his posts, at no point does he say he prefers the H4 UI over every other Halo.

One of the things he said, "Personally I also think they could have done a better job with the menu, but I much prefer a change to a rehash of something we've seen since 2004."

He stated that while he likes a change from the Halo UI's we've gotten in the past, he clearly said "think they could have done a better job". Reach has many faults with the game but the UI was constantly praised as the most accessible and clearest UI to date for a Halo game.

Sure, the Halo 4 UI does the job but it's not innovative, nor does it look nice. The GT's are displayed vertically and it's an eyesore to look at.  

I've still yet to hear any proper reasoning as to why someone thinks the Halo 4 UI is the best out of the Halo franchise. 

I read his posts, at no point does he say he prefers the H4 UI over every other Halo.

One of the things he said, "Personally I also think they could have done a better job with the menu, but I much prefer a change to a rehash of something we've seen since 2004."

He stated that while he likes a change from the Halo UI's we've gotten in the past, he clearly said "think they could have done a better job". Reach has many faults with the game but the UI was constantly praised as the most accessible and clearest UI to date for a Halo game.

I've still yet to hear any proper reasoning as to why someone thinks the Halo 4 UI is the best out of the Halo franchise. 

... He said he prefers the new U.I over old. That right there is saying he prefers this one. Him saying that he thinks it could have been better doesn't change the fact that he said "but I much prefer a change to a rehash of something we've seen since 2004". Meaning regardless of how good it is or how bad it is, he prefers it over the old ones, because it's new.

... He said he prefers the new U.I over old. That right there is saying he prefers this one. Him saying that he thinks it could have been better doesn't change the fact that he said "but I much prefer a change to a rehash of something we've seen since 2004". Meaning regardless of how good it is or how bad it is, he prefers it over the old ones, because it's new.

That may be the case, but he at no point did he give a reason. I've given multiple reasons as to why the H4 UI is worse than other Halo UI's, yet Loch has not. All he did is say he prefers something new that isn't a rehash. 

Later on in the thread he says, "I don't see a problem with the menus, maybe I haven't used them enough. What's wrong with them?" I'm not sure how much H4 he's played but he is asking people what's wrong with them because he may not have used them enough. I have 22+ days on Halo 4 with extensive use of the H4 UI and everyone who I've talked to who has played H4 for at least a week has said how bad the H4 UI is.

I don't know why you're trying to defend the fact that the Halo 4 UI is crap when you yourself argued the point I'm arguing in that exact thread. We all knows it's crap, it's clear Loch just hasn't played H4 as much to realise its flaws. 

That may be the case, but he at no point did he give a reason. I've given multiple reasons as to why the H4 UI is worse than other Halo UI's, yet Loch has not. All he did is say he prefers something new that isn't a rehash. 

Later on in the thread he says, "I don't see a problem with the menus, maybe I haven't used them enough. What's wrong with them?" I'm not sure how much H4 he's played but he is asking people what's wrong with them because he may not have used them enough. I have 22+ days on Halo 4 with extensive use of the H4 UI and everyone who I've talked to who has played H4 for at least a week has said how bad the H4 UI is.

I stated that there has been arguments over the U.I. You asked me to show you who prefers the Halo 4 U.I, so i did. I'm not siding with Loch, i don't agree with his opinions. His reasoning was "because it's new". All i was saying is that there has been arguments over the U.I. That was it. I know you didn't say it, but i agree, it's a little ridiculous that there was an argument over preferring the new U.I because it's new(but doesn't work that great) versus an old U.I that works well.

I don't know why you're trying to defend the fact that the Halo 4 UI is crap when you yourself argued the point I'm arguing in that exact thread. We all knows it's crap, it's clear Loch just hasn't played H4 as much to realise its flaws. 

I'm not defending him at all lol. Just showing you that there has been an argument over the U.I like you asked me to do(show you the argument).

I stated that there has been arguments over the U.I. You asked me to show you who prefers the Halo 4 U.I, so i did. I'm not siding with Loch, i don't agree with his opinions. His reasoning was "because it's new". All i was saying is that there has been arguments over the U.I. That was it. I know you didn't say it, but i agree, it's a little ridiculous that there was an argument over preferring the new U.I because it's new(but doesn't work that great) versus an old U.I that works well.

I'm not defending him at all lol. Just showing you that there has been an argument over the U.I like you asked me to do(show you the argument).

True, but like pretty much anything, there will always be one person who says "No, I don't like it because". The point I was trying to make with this thread is stuff like that have an overwhelming majority, there may be a few individuals who don't agree with the majority but they have to require a reason for it to be a valid complaint. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

True, but like pretty much anything, there will always be one person who says "No, I don't like it because". The point I was trying to make with this thread is stuff like that have an overwhelming majority, there may be a few individuals who don't agree with the majority but they have to require a reason for it to be a valid complaint.

You're gettin crazy over this "trying not to be controversial" stuff. :P

You're gettin crazy over this "trying not to be controversial" stuff. :P

Just trying to prove a point.  ;)

I wish we had the rights to Halo 1 -3 Reach's Old music   :( like honestly like during the Halo4GC I mean yeah the chick and the rap was cool but imagine Seattle Symphonic Orchestra playing in their own concert Hall (The hall is used for the Halo 4GC) playing Halo theme?!?! Like that would've been epic! 
Like League of Legends last year did it perfectly :

• Upvote (+1) 2

Less cartoony graphics. I feel the "cartoonish" factor has gone up with every game since H3. Death animations need to be better too, when I dome someone when they are mid jump they better do a backflip. Satisfying as fuark. 

• Upvote (+1) 3