Sam

Post one idea for Halo 5 that's noncontroversial

Something old to bring back: Perfection Medal

Something new: Forerunner Flood enemy variants and the announcer for campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 2

^^ yep, you're not angry at all.

I wasn't until you claimed that I was just posting passive aggressive bullshit to rile people up. Which is definitely what you were connotating. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Something old to bring back: Perfection Medal

Something new: Forerunner Flood enemy variants and the announcer for campaign.

I'm kind of meh on the announcer for campaign.  Maybe if it was only if you were playing the score-based campaign and not narrative.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I would like them to make the medals like they were in H3.  Only giving snipe medals for headshots, and not handing out medals all willy nilly would be great.

I miss the top medals and MVP also, but it should take more into account than just kills.

Hit% may be neat.

For the love of god make it so I can invite friends into theater and view everyones POV. 

Bring back proximity voice.  I miss trash talking the other team during the game so much.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm kind of meh on the announcer for campaign.  Maybe if it was only if you were playing the score-based campaign and not narrative.

Yeah, of course. Like it was in Halo 3/Reach. I actually like playing campaign with friends to mess around and see who could score the most, highest spree, most medals, etc. Having the announcer would be great for an arcade style campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, of course. Like it was in Halo 3/Reach. I actually like playing campaign with friends to mess around and see who could score the most, highest spree, most medals, etc. Having the announcer would be great for an arcade style campaign.

Yeah I think that's a good idea- and to also bring in campaign leaderboards for both highest points and speedruns.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Someone mentioned it earlier, the perfection medal should return, I don't know why it wasn't in halo 4 in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Human guns that don't sound like a aluminum bat hitting a baseball.

Or a gravity hammer that doesn't sound like R2D2.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would like to see actual Halo Armor Set's instead of what Halo 4 brought to us as well.. most of which I really hate due to their appearances and less armored style, I miss Halo 3's more bulky and well armored Armor Set's.

I would also like to see the color of Spartan Mjolnir Armor Plating reflect what realistically looks like actual Metal and has a different contrast, and coloring than the Under Armor/Body Suit. You could also add other touches to the Metal perhaps slight battle damage, worn areas, similar to Halo 2 and Halo Reach's armor plating's visible battle damage, wear, and tear. There needs to be more color to the game overall as well, Halo Reach and Halo 4 seem to have a gray and gritty color tone, that tries to hard to mimic reality, instead of allowing things to really appear futuristic and alien instead similar to Halo 3.

Overall, add more color to any future Halo, and add more detailing to the Spartan Mjolnir Armor Plating, make it obvious the Armor Plating is a kind of metal/Titanium. This would also allow you to make the Under Armor/Body Suit colors look cleaner, brighter, and a different color tone than the Metal Armor Plating to add more depth to the Spartan models. This would help bring so much more life to the Spartan Model's and add a unique approach to Halo.

I would also like the same approach to be given to Weapon's, Grenades, and Vehicles, they all need more contrast between their various parts and make up, Metal, Leather, Cloth, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think anyone who has worked on Halo can fully explain the spawn system in great detail. I don't think Gandhi can even explain it compared to someone like cT who has actually researched it.

Here's the thing. Halo CE's spawn system doesn't work for 4v4. The reason 2's played so well was because of how you were able to manipulate the spawns of your partner. With 4's there's almost zero opportunity to give your teammates a random spawn, unless 3 are down at a similar time and you're already close to a random.

I too would like CE's spawn system, but it might have to be re-worked to run 4's

I wonder what the logistics would be of designing a spawn system which accounted for team size & number of teams (to cover FFA & multiteam too) and adjusted its weightings and influences accordingly.

Remove the background music in games and once you enter a match making or custom game lobby.

You can counter this by starting a song in the 360 music player then pausing it. I shouldn't have to do that though. ..

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sniper Spree medal that feels rewarding. ie H3

YES!

Weapon sprees like sword/sniper spree etc.  No  idea why they took them away. :/

• Upvote (+1) 3

Different unlockable/buyable announcers for multiplayer.

"RED TEAM. SHOOT THE EGGHEADS." 

Seriously though, this is gold. Make it difficult to get, via commendation or doing something special. Replace Jeff Steitzer with the Chief, Palmer, Johnson, Jul, Halsey, etc. in matchmaking.

Having Johnson call out a Killing Spree or Halsey sarcastically congratulate you for a comeback kill would be pretty damn cool initially, but I wonder if the novelty would wear off. Still, fans would eat this stuff up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I want to wear the color black as my primary armor color.  They took it out because they feel that people can hide in the shadows. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My thought on nade hit markers has always been that it just made it easier for less aware players and players who don't use headphones. In every Halo game if you have good sound awareness, You can CLEARLY hear when someone is hurt with your nade from almost any distance that matters, especially on competitive maps. Reach and H3 especially.

I don't know, Maybe it's just something ive always been really aware of over the last 10 years. I still barely ever noticed the hitmarkers and still just listen. My hearing is never wrong. Maybe a toggle option then? That way we could at least test and poll what people like most.

Why Don't We Toggle Everything While Were At it.

Remove the background music in games and once you enter a match making or custom game lobby.

You can counter this by starting a song in the 360 music player then pausing it. I shouldn't have to do that though. ..

This was done well in Halo 3, ODST, and Reach (though the first two games had good, non annoying music), and it would have been fine in Halo 4, were it not for To Galaxy's blaring orchestra riffs that you can't get rid of by starting and stopping the countdown in the lobby. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to wear the color black as my primary armor color.  They took it out because they feel that people can hide in the shadows. 

LOL. Then they add camo as an AA so you can TRULY hide in the shadows  :ninja:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh yeah, touching on Goat's ideas.

Lobby music can't be something too catchy like a theme, like Halo 4's menu. It needs to be repetitive, gentler, and easy on the ears. Like BLOPS II or ODST. 

Just a preference though. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Auto boot players who grieve their team... especially for power weapons. By auto I mean when it is so obvious (there are no enemies in the immediate area) that even the server will always get it right.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh yeah, touching on Goat's ideas.

Lobby music can't be something too catchy like a theme, like Halo 4's menu. It needs to be repetitive, gentler, and easy on the ears. Like BLOPS II or ODST. 

Just a preference though. 

H3's was GOAT.

• Upvote (+1) 3