Sam

Post one idea for Halo 5 that's noncontroversial

1. Less Medals

2. Halo 3 veto system

3. No plasma pistols or plasma grenades in loadouts for BTB. I actually dont mind loadouts, they just need to be balanced.

4. Competitive in game ranking system

5. No sprint

6. Descope

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Make firefight something competitive and ranked.

Y/X axis custom sensitivity

change weather in forge (lightning, sunset etc etc)

vehicle power ups for customs only, race fans.

Not so many shades of blue for UI

Flamming helmet return

• Upvote (+1) 2

More colorful and less medals.  A copy and paste from H2/3/Reach would be fine.  I always joked about 'what if there was a medal just for a kill?' Needless to say Halo 4 did just that.  How stupid 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damage dealt stat. Maybe in terms of # of shields dropped (eg 4.5 shields worth of damage).

I'm actually surprised 343 didn't incorporate something like this already, since it was a stat option for shadowrun.

Damage dealt was cool because you'd usually have players with 15 kills who were lucky enough to get the last shot on players, but only dealt 7.4 damage out of the 15.0 he could have earned. The game awarded you money based on damage so kill stealing didn't matter.

Damage dealt stats.

Shots Fired stats

Shots hit stats

Less or no uncontrollable mechanics on accurate utility weapons meaning flinch kick spread or bloom

Options for No Sprint

Button Glitches (debatable) to speed up the game

Effective Grenades

Better reticules, I don't need 3 circles for my BR

• Upvote (+1) 3

More colorful and less medals.  A copy and paste from H2/3/Reach would be fine.  I always joked about 'what if there was a medal just for a kill?' Needless to say Halo 4 did just that.  How stupid 

I don't even look at medals in this game, Halo Reach I used to ejaculate when I got a Double kill with a Sniper or a Plasma Grenade

• Upvote (+1) 2

Smarter AI, and the ability to run AI matches in customs to test maps.

Oh, and maybe heatmap generation - also for testing maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Horizontally displayed gamertags in the lobby. 

How about some of those Halo 2 stats I keep hearing about?

I'm told Halo 2 kept track of hit percentage each game. I think that would be cool to see in post-game stats.

Descope.

Clan support, and a playlist that exclusively matches clans/teams against each other.

Custom controller button layouts

All of these, I would say no sprint, but i guess it's technically debatable... And I think a LoL type ranking system would be nice(ex,making a ranked 4's team for ___ playlist). And the spectator Gandhi described.

Oh, GOOD MAPS, is my one main thing. Although i guess that goes along with no sprint...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dont understand what you are suggesting here. Isn't this in there now?

since when can you go into theater and cycle between people's first-person perspectives?   Unless they happen to upload the same game to their file share it can't be done.

De-scoping.

Interactive maps.

Less aim assist or bullet magnetism. 

A large range of map themes and cosmetics (rocks and UNSC themes get pretty boring after a while).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Powerups that don't need to use Ordinance.

Static weapon spawns.

CE's spawn system.

Bolded will never happen because of Kevin  Franklin not being able to understand how random spawns work..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bolded will never happen because of Kevin  Franklin not being able to understand how random spawns work..

There are a lot of variables over at 343 that directly contest what my ideal Halo would be.

I don't think anyone who has worked on Halo can fully explain the spawn system in great detail. I don't think Gandhi can even explain it compared to someone like cT who has actually researched it.

Here's the thing. Halo CE's spawn system doesn't work for 4v4. The reason 2's played so well was because of how you were able to manipulate the spawns of your partner. With 4's there's almost zero opportunity to give your teammates a random spawn, unless 3 are down at a similar time and you're already close to a random.

I too would like CE's spawn system, but it might have to be re-worked to run 4's

• Upvote (+1) 2

Make it harder to hit headshots (shrink hitboxes and drastically scale back bullet magnetism). 

Competitive players are happier because minimum killtimes are reduced while average killtimes are about the same

Casual players are happier because automatics will usually kill faster than rifles at their intended ranges, assuming they aren't playing a pro.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Another thing that I think might be a good idea is to have stats hidden until the post-game lobby.  I thought this was done pretty well in The Arena (though they had players hidden entirely).  I'm all for in-game stats, but it's not fun when your team starts quitting because they see high ranks/high k/d's on the other team. Just now, my party of 2 matched a team of 8 inheritors (something that shouldn't happen anyway, but that's another point) and the randoms on our team start dashboarding before we even finish voting for the map.

Thoughts? 

Unless the game has a proper ranking system, no. Halo 4 is a purely pubby game, and lobby shopping is a part of playing pubs.

The game needs to have a proper ranking system regardless, and by extension, good match-ups. Randoms shouldn't be matching large parties and vice versa.  

If they focus on those first, it might make this issue negligible. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Another thing that I think might be a good idea is to have stats hidden until the post-game lobby.  I thought this was done pretty well in The Arena (though they had players hidden entirely).  I'm all for in-game stats, but it's not fun when your team starts quitting because they see high ranks/high k/d's on the other team. Just now, my party of 2 matched a team of 8 inheritors (something that shouldn't happen anyway, but that's another point) and the randoms on our team start dashboarding before we even finish voting for the map.

Thoughts? 

Unless the game has a proper ranking system, no. Halo 4 is a purely pubby game, and lobby shopping is a part of playing pubs.

Make it play well. 

Lol, it is funny to me that people think that it is controversial to want the game to play well. 

Are there actually people who want it to play poorly? What am I missing? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol, it is funny to me that people think that it is controversial to want the game to play well. 

Are there actually people who want it to play poorly? What am I missing? 

The obvious undertone of that comment.  Connotation exists y'know.  The whole point of this thread is to not bring in the negative/debate.

Back on topic, as far as medals are concerned I agree that less would be better although I do like the additions of snapshot, distraction, and hail marry.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The obvious undertone of that comment.  Connotation exists y'know.  The whole point of this thread is to not bring in the negative/debate.

Back on topic, as far as medals are concerned I agree that less would be better although I do like the additions of snapshot, distraction, and hail marry.

What are you talking about? What undertone? How do you hear tone through text? I put down four words. There is no undertone. If I wanted to say something I would say it directly. I always have in the past. I don't post passive aggressive bullshit.

You are just projecting what you want to on to my text . There is no hidden meaning or any bullshit like that. If I wanted to say that the game is bad I would say that the game is bad. In fact, I have... on many occasions.

I stated exactly what I meant. The only thing that is completely non controversial is that we all want to have the game play better. That is what I meant. No stupid undertone bullshit. I don't generally connotate in my posts. 

Everything thing else is possible to be controversial. You are talking about medals, but maybe I hate medals. I am sure there are some people who do, therefore it is controversial. Wanting to have a good game is not controversial and is the only thing in this thread that is not.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

What are you talking about? What undertone? How do you hear tone through text? I put down four words. There is no undertone. If I wanted to say something I would say it directly. I always have in the past. I don't post passive aggressive bullshit.

You are just projecting what you want to on to my text . There is no hidden meaning or any bullshit like that. If I wanted to say that the game is bad I would say that the game is bad. In fact, I have... on many occasions.

I stated exactly what I meant. The only thing that is completely non controversial is that we all want to have the game play better. That is what I meant. No stupid undertone bullshit.

Everything thing else is possible to be controversial. You are talking about medals, but maybe I hate medals. I am sure there are some people who do, therefore it is controversial. Wanting to have a good game is not controversial and is the only thing in this thread that is not.

^^ yep, you're not angry at all.

Regardless of whether or not the implication of your words was intentional or not, it is certainly how others viewed it.

EDIT:

How do you hear tone through text?

really? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_(literature)

(you may be notice that the tone of what I just said above "really?" followed by a link to a wikipedia article could be described as mean-spirited and laconic.  My point is that tone exists- intentional or not, what you said about a game that plays well is a purposeless statement unless it carries with it the undertone that previous titles were a disappointment.  Not too difficult of an idea to understand really.  That's all I'll say on the matter.)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2