Sam

Post one idea for Halo 5 that's noncontroversial

My idea:

In the MM lobby, have a counter next to the peak population that tells you exactly how many unique users have played the game for that day which will update every 30 minutes, or real time if that's possible. 

Your turn.

P.S Please keep it noncontroversial.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Horizontally displayed gamertags in the lobby. 

whoa whoa whoa- we said noncontroversial.   :lxthul:

In all seriousness, I would like to see a theater mode where 1st person views for others is attainable- this would make learning from others soo much easier.  I just got beaten by heinz a couple times in rumble pit (I know I know I suck)- I would like to be able to view these games from his perspective to see what he did right- a third person view is annoying and leaves out crucial information.   Perhaps with dedicated servers on the xbox one this will become a possibility.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A strafing mechanic where I don't slow down in between direction changes.

Not sure if it's a crutch but in 4 v 4's or even 5 v 5 it would be cool to have small green dots under the radar which would turn red when your teammates were on respawn, quickly letting you know if you should play objective, last alive etc. This would be mainly for matchmaking though where no one seems to communicate, even in competitive playlists

• Upvote (+1) 6

A strafing mechanic where I don't slow down in between direction changes.

Not sure if it's a crutch but in 4 v 4's or even 5 v 5 it would be cool to have small green dots under the radar which would turn red when your teammates were on respawn, quickly letting you know if you should play objective, last alive etc. This would be mainly for matchmaking though where no one seems to communicate, even in competitive playlists

I think as long as they make Red X's that are clearly visible and then the scoreboard that allows you to check it when moving would be fine, but your idea could also work. :)

Yeah definately make it to where you can press select to see the scoreboard and not stop doing whatever it is you are doing. I cant explain how many times i have extracting a point almost done with it and press select to see whats going on and not getting the extraction cause of this.

• Upvote (+1) 9

None of our suggestions would be controversial if Bungie and 343 hadn't already made Halo Reach and Halo 4 so controversial...

I agree but the point of this thread was to just suggest small things that would have no chance of people disagreeing with. No one could disagree with things like moving and checking the scoreboard at the same time. 

I felt it was a nice change of pace from all the debates about Sprint, descope, AA's etc. :) 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Custom controller button layouts

Been saying this a long time. Still don't understand why they haven't implemented this yet, great idea.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Been saying this a long time. Still don't understand why they haven't implemented this yet, great idea.

still though, I personally wouldn't change anything from bumper jumper.

• Upvote (+1) 3

still though, I personally wouldn't change anything from bumper jumper.

Bumper Jumper is great with no sprint and AAs. But I can't claw for the life of me. So I would probably switch melee to X or B and AAs to RB if I had a choice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Custom controller button layouts

This. I hate when using bumper jumper when i try to switch grenades i call down my ordinace, its usually one i don't want or its in the middle of battle and i die and lose my ordinace. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

When saving matches in Theater, make the Save option the default option instead of Upload to Fileshare. Please, while I don't know the exact statistics are, bu I guarantee you more people want to save then fileshare something...I mean, I hope they would.

• Upvote (+1) 1