Sign in to follow this  
The Snazzer

Instead of H2 Anniversary game...

Halo 5 will come out about the same time H2 hits its anniversary. I think it would be a good idea to have a H2 map pack DLC available on launch. This would reward veterans with maps they love and would also drive sales as it could be a reason to get a legendary edition (or any other edition) which will have them, instead or armor unlocks.

A pretty sweet Legendary edition:

- H2 map pack

- Future DLC pass
 - Flaming Helmet return

- Katana return

- Some Halo 5 stuff

***NOTE***

I am sure there will eventually be competitive settings, I am only talking about the map pack itself and do not want to make this another sprint debate.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everyone is going to think the Halo 2 maps suck because they can sprint across midship in less than 2 seconds.

It would be lovely for 343 to include a Halo 2 anniversary gametype though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All the good H2 maps won't play well with Sprint. If there's no sprint in halo 5 then I think its a great idea.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd rather play a remake of Halo 2 than Halo 5 on H2 maps..

Do you really think a halo 2 remake wouldn't end up playing like halo 5 anyway mechanics wise?

Would love a complete H2 remake but I don't see 2 games coming out within months of each other.

Do you really think a halo 2 remake wouldn't end up playing like halo 5 anyway mechanics wise?

Would love a complete H2 remake but I don't see 2 games coming out within months of each other.

What do you mean by mechanics wise?

And I know, Halo 2 Anv. will probably never come out--or if it does, just the campaign remade.  

Wow, people instead of talking about the topic and having an opinion about the map pack/limited edition... People start complaining about Sprint. Holy crap, seriously stop it.

OT: I believe is quite a good idea! H2 Anniversary Map Pack can be done... top 3 most played maps could be Sanctuary, Midship and Coagulation (So people who likes BTB can also enjoy to the max the map pack)
3 classics maps like that in a blink of the eye encourage people to buy the limited edition/buy the map pack :)

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Wow, people instead of talking about the topic and having an opinion about the map pack/limited edition... People start complaining about Sprint. Holy crap, seriously stop it.

OT: I believe is quite a good idea! H2 Anniversary Map Pack can be done... top 3 most played maps could be Sanctuary, Midship and Coagulation (So people who likes BTB can also enjoy to the max the map pack)

3 classics maps like that in a blink of the eye encourage people to buy the limited edition/buy the map pack :)

+Rep for staying on topic.

Im sure people who don't buy legendary will still get the H2 map pack eventually.

I think it should have 4 maps just so it isn't your average 3 map deal considering it is a celebration of H2.

Of course! it was just an example, there are plenty to choose! Warlock, Sanctuary, Midship, Turf, Coagulation, Lockout, Zanzibar, Foundation and more! Why not 5 maps, like Halo:CEA Map Pack? :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everyone is going to think the Halo 2 maps suck because they can sprint across midship in less than 2 seconds.

It would be lovely for 343 to include a Halo 2 anniversary gametype though.

If we're keeping sprint, i'd much rather have Onyx as an actual map than midship.

Try playing Warlock CTF with sprint. 

No, I dare you. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Containment, Midship, Lockout, Relic, Zanzibar, would be interesting to see in a fresh coat of paint, with all the grand elements of them intact, and there are several others I would love to see honestly in a fresh design. Others are correct in bringing Sprint up however, it should never touch any Halo 2 Map, I do hope Sprint will be tossed into the fiery pits of Hell very soon so we can feel like we are actually playing Halo again.

I'd rather not see the good memories and reputation of halo 2s maps destroyed by halo current terrible game mechanics.

Tat's just me though...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I...I don't hate it. Maybe they could like, make scaled versions (like X% larger, but otherwise identical) for sprint usage, and have the smaller (actual H2 size) scaled ones with trait zones that disable sprint (or do it via gametype), and run them in a classic playlist or in TS paired with classic gametypes. It would be nice to have somewhere to get away from all the AAs off launch. 

Just give the game 2 campains, halo 5's and h2's. Multiplayer will be halo 2's with updated graphics lets gooo.

The campains will be seperate of course.

DLC on launch

I'm sure it's the best time to release DLC but then we'd literally have nothing over EA. Would be better to just include it in the game instead of trying to nickle and dime every fan.

If i wanna play h2 i'll just play my h2 disc. I love pretty much everything about h2, but I'm pretty sure 343 has already pretty much hinted at the next halo being halo 5. I mean how many copies of halo anniversary were sold compared to how many copies of h4 were sold? It is financially in their best interest to make the next halo a sequel and not a remake. 

I've recently been of the belief a great marketing scheme for 343 would be to showcase some classic maps as launch maps. If a guardian and midship remake were advertised how great would it be for the game? I do think a halo 2 anniversary map dlc is a solid idea as well tho. I would also like to see things like the katana back. Give incentive to achievement hunt again. 

I won't get into a sprint topic. I would just rather see H2 map pack than armor unlocks or skins.

Unfortunately for both you, I respectfully disagree. (trying my best not to get another random deleted comment)  You cannot just look at these things in a bubble.  Sprint fundamentally affects how a map is played so of course you can't just ignore it and be like "that's off topic guys- we are talking about the maps and not sprint."    It simply wold be nonsensical to do so.

The fact of the matter is I would rather not see halo 2 maps be put into halo 5 since the halo 5 gameplay is fundamentally different with sprint.  the maps would not even play right- they would be worse.  As someone said up there you could sprint across midship in a second- it just wouldn't make sense.

The topic is H2 maps. 

Competitive H2 maps don't work with sprint. 

Sprint is therefore topical. 

thank you for understanding what I had believed was a simple matter to understand.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1