CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

If the playoff system started next year and 1 plays 4, and 2 plays 3... they will have had only a taste of that this year, because now 2 vs 3 is the national championship game, and Auburn gets screwed. That's the only way I see it. 

Auburn will destroy UCF, Missouri will destroy Northern Illinois, and Alabama will probably curb stomp Oklahoma State.

Meanwhile, we get to wait to see FSU sans Jameis play Ohio freaking State in the "National Championship".

WHAT. A. JOKE. 

thank you. 

Ohio St. has NEVER beaten an SEC team in a bowl game. 0-9

This is why the SEC is the best: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8761608/sec-postseason-dominance-goes-bcs-titles-college-football

How could you say the SEC is having a down year? The top 3 teams are incredible. Missouri, which nobody talks about... would be undefeated right now if they had their Qb in the one game they lost. Then you have Auburn who lost at death valley, which is not an easy place to win games. It's honestly better to me than it usually is, that's why none of them were able to go undefeated. 

Missouri is a solid team, that SEC championship will be a great game. If they have their starting qb against SC then they are undefeated right now.... 

The AU/OSU situation is tough. Ohio State is undefeated, so yes, they deserve a shot (if they beat MSU of course), though I've watched them play and I even think LSU can take them. I agree that OSU deserves to go to the National Championship, but don't expect a good game to watch. I know that Auburn can put a better fight, but it would be unfair if they jumped undefeated OSU, so it's basically 'fairness vs. a good game BCS edition.'

Why do they deserve a shot? I guess Northern Illinois deserves a shot too if we are being fair to everyone.

Lets face it, nobody outside of the SEC has beaten an SEC school in the national championship. You'd think if there were any chance of that to change, it'd be this year with FSU giving them a good game, and possibly winning.

Now you have Ohio State, who is already being given 6.5 points in a game they'll probably lose by 30. and the SEC still will have never lost to a non SEC school in the title game.

gg BCS 

Why do they deserve a shot? I guess Northern Illinois deserves a shot too if we are being fair to everyone.

Lets face it, nobody outside of the SEC has beaten an SEC school in the national championship. You'd think if there were any chance of that to change, it'd be this year with FSU giving them a good game, and possibly winning.

Now you have Ohio State, who is already being given 6.5 points in a game they'll probably lose by 30. and the SEC still will have never lost to a non SEC school in the title game.

gg BCS 

Yeah I agree. I shouldn't really have said "deserve" a shot, but more of "they're going to get it anyway" because they're undefeated and they're Ohio State. We all better hope MSU beats them or we're going to have another Alabama/Notre Dame game.

You know what's funny about Florida state, they haven't played anyone good either. South Carolina destroyed Clemson last week, Miami sucks, and they are playing duke this weekend.

Who has FSU and OSU beaten?

Florida... #2 SOS...

Auburn... #4 SOS...

Fla st... #45 SOS...

Ohio st... #53 SOS...

BCS = FLAWED

gg BCS

Notthern Illinois is an fcs team that's why they don't deserve a shot

Will be comedy if OSU wins

actually it wouldn't because the sec would still be undefeated in the BCS championship game against non sec schools.

No matter who wins the SEC Championship, if you love sports, root for Michigan State. After the Bama/Notre Dame National Championship, I just can't take that again.

Auburn better jump ohio state idc if they win. Auburn will beat whoever they play no matter what they are a team of destiny.

yea but it should be easy based on what auburn has done, FSU isn't gonna slow down this offense any easier than Missouri or bama did.

yea but it should be easy based on what auburn has done, FSU isn't gonna slow down this offense any easier than Missouri or bama did.

thank you skip bayless

Go green go blue devils

edit: actually I kinda want FSU to win too because of Kenny Shaw.