CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

I turned on the game back on  just before the field goal . Holy shit

*edit: and yeah. Doesn't Auburn have to jump into the top 2? And FSU was much more impressive this week over Florida than OSU over Michigan.

I doubt it, although there is no question that Auburn is a better team than Ohio State. The past two championship games with Ohio State have been pathetic at best.

I turned on the game back on just before the field goal . Holy shit

*edit: and yeah. Doesn't Auburn have to jump into the top 2? And FSU was much more impressive this week over Florida than OSU over Michigan.

You are correct, sir.

^why? auburn will jump you 100% go lay down.

Rather have a chance at the National Championship than none at all. 

#24-0  :lxthul:

I doubt it, although there is no question that Auburn is a better team than Ohio State. The past two championship games with Ohio State have been pathetic at best.

I agree Auburn is probably the better team, but remember the championship game before the last 2? Ohio State played potentially one of the best college football teams of all time in Miami, was a 12 point underdog and ended up winning in 2 OT's.

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong Alabama team ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no kicker ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

• Upvote (+1) 1

#24-0 :lxthul:

I agree Auburn is probably the better team, but remember the championship game before the last 2? Ohio State played potentially one of the best college football teams of all time in Miami, was a 12 point underdog and ended up winning in 2 OT's.

Only reason you won that game was because you killed McGahee on the first drive.

#24-0  :lxthul:

Probably the better team? Come on now. There are at least a handful of SEC teams who would beat Ohio State. Yoiu know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

The Miami game that was handed to them because of a fluke Pass Interference call?

Probably the better team? Come on now. There are at least a handful of SEC teams who would beat Ohio State. Yoiu know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

The Miami game that was handed to them because of a fluke Pass Interference call?

I'd agree with most of that. OSU has not been tested at all yet, and there is no real indicator on how good they actually are.

What about the BS pass interference call that lead Miami to tie it up with the FG? Or the missed call in the beginning of the 4th were Miami's db was all over Jenkins? Or the incomplete pass call for Ohio State at the end of their last possession in the 4th? Everyone forgets about those. The fact that Miami couldn't score with 4 attempts on the 2 yd line cost them the game.

All I'm saying is that pass interference call was awful, and the last two championship games that Ohio State played in showed that being on top of their conference still puts them nowhere near the SEC standard. If you put Arkansas on a good day against Ohio State they could probably win. I just think that having a championship game without the SEC at this point would be totally ridiculous.

All I'm saying is that pass interference call was awful, and the last two championship games that Ohio State played in showed that being on top of their conference still puts them nowhere near the SEC standard. If you put Arkansas on a good day against Ohio State they could probably win. I just think that having a championship game without the SEC at this point would be totally ridiculous.

I agree with all of that. The only conference you can be 100% sure that will produce several good teams every year is the SEC; however you can't expect OSU to not want to play in the National Championship game because there might not be a SEC team in it. Auburn will still have to play either South Carolina or Clemson while OSU will still has to play Michigan State. Who knows what will happen. If Florida State loses their QB in time for the conference championship, Duke might beat them too.

Auburn will at the very least jump them if they beat a one loss Missouri team in the sec championship game.

Doesn't Ohio State deserve the shot after 2perfect seasons though?

Assuming they win against Michigan State..

The idea that there has to be an SEC team is just silly.

Doesn't Ohio State deserve the shot after 2perfect seasons though?

Assuming they win against Michigan State..

The idea that there has to be an SEC team is just silly.

No, because their strength of schedule is weak. The SEC has proven to be the best conference by leaps and bounds over nearly the past decade. Until a non-SEC team beats an SEC team in the championship, I don't see how you can claim that there doesn't deserve to an SEC team in the championship game that is supposed to determine the best team.

Noi because their strength of schedule is weak. The SEC has proven to be the best conference by leaps and bounds over nearly the past decade. Until a non-SEC team beats an SEC team in the championship, I don't see how you can claim that there doesn't deserve to an SEC team in the championship game that is supposed to determine the best team.

Because you're using past behavior as a predictor for this season. They don't relate.

The teams that get it done week in and week out deserve to go. It's that simple. FSU and OSU have got it done this year. We have no clue how an Urban Meyer coached OSU will perform against anyone in a bowl game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure OSU hasn't played a top 15 opponent in their "legendary" 24 game win streak. AU has beat the #1 and #7 team this year. Also, if they beat Missou in the SECCG, that will be another top 5 opponent.

Oh, and I predicted AU to win 33-28. They won 34-28 ;)

WAR EAGLE

Edit: Chris Fowler Tweet: FWIW: Top of my AP ballot will be: FSU, OSU, MO, AUB, ALA, OK ST..

Yea. Let Missouri jump AU just after they beat the No. 1 team in the nation. :rolleyes:

nice call, but I don't think anybody could have predicted those final 32 seconds. 

I thought AU would be down 27-28 and score on a game winning drive lol

Edit: But this way is good too ;)