CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

Holy fucking shit yesterday was an phenomenal day of football! What a great weekend to hit off the first playoff rankings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My top 10 playoff poll prediction

1. Alabama
  2. Michigan
  3. Clemson
  4. Washington
  5. Texas A&M
  6. Ohio State
  7. Louisville
  8. Wisconsin
  9. Nebraska
  10. Auburn
  • Upvote (+1) 1

^I hope you don't mean the first playoff ranks that come out today, because Ohio State isn't going to be ranked behind TAMU. Florida is better than Auburn by the way, they'll be in the top 10. Probably 9th. 

^I hope you don't mean the first playoff ranks that come out today, because Ohio State isn't going to be ranked behind TAMU. Florida is better than Auburn by the way, they'll be in the top 10. Probably 9th. 

Im not so sure about that, my friend. I don't think theres a team outside of Tuscaloosa that could hold AU's run game under 270 yds. Kam Pettway is just too much too handle. 

Don't even get me started on our defense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im not so sure about that, my friend. I don't think theres a team outside of Tuscaloosa that could hold AU's run game under 270 yds. Kam Pettway is just too much too handle. 

Don't even get me started on our defense.

omg where have you been? I actually really like Auburns team this year, but the Gators held the Dawgs to just 164 yards of offense, the fourth opponent this season UF has limited to less than 200 yards... and they are one bad half on the road against Tennessee from being in the top 5 right now. 

also, lol they will absolutely handle Arkansas, I'm more worried about Fournette @ LSU tbh

Either way, the real success of this season comes if Florida can finally beat FSU, kinda like Auburn vs Bama, that could be a YOOOOOOOJ game! 

To be honest though, UF has a horrible offense so they have no chance against Alabama lol but that just tells you how good the defense has been this year, been one of the best I've ever seen the Gators roll out. 

I hope you don't mean the first playoff ranks that come out today, because Ohio State isn't going to be ranked behind TAMU.

PUWMw1.png

:kappa:

Yea didn't see that coming lol

Their only loss is against the #1 team in the country. It's hard to argue against that. And Auburn should be the top 2-loss team tbh since their only losses are #1 and #3. Though I guess rankings for Auburn and Bama don't matter that much until the Iron Bowl.

Yea but the rankings do matter for TAMU, they could easily win out... then what? Do they get punished and fall out when Washington wins PAC12 champ game?

Yea but the rankings do matter for TAMU, they could easily win out... then what? Do they get punished and fall out when Washington wins PAC12 champ game?

Washington has a tougher remaining schedule, A&M wouldn't make the SECCG even if Bama loses a game. Undefeated Pac-12 champ Washington is a no-brainer over A&M.

Which is why I don't get why TAMU is ahead of them, oh well I guess rankings still don't matter lol 

Which is why I don't get why TAMU is ahead of them, oh well I guess rankings still don't matter lol 

Because they only account for the games they've played, not the ones in the future. I wouldn't worry about it. If Washington wins out, they'll be fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly! Everything always plays itself out, and the last two years a team outside of the top 10 in the first playoff rankings ended up making the final four... so who knows? Who do you guys see that team being this year? 

DARE I SAY, THE UNIVERSITY OF GAINESVILLE FLORIDA GATORS????? LOL I'm kidding.... 

Exactly! Everything always plays itself out, and the last two years a team outside of the top 10 in the first playoff rankings ended up making the final four... so who knows? Who do you guys see that team being this year? 

DARE I SAY, THE UNIVERSITY OF GAINESVILLE FLORIDA GATORS????? LOL I'm kidding.... 

The SEC is crazy as fuck right now. There are so many things that can happen. LSU, Texas A&M, Bama, Auburn, or Florida all have real chances of being in the playoffs. You joke about Florida but if they win out and win the SEC Championship game (which will easily be a top 4 opponent), they will be the top ranked 1-loss team.

UF needs to smoke Arkansas now because I think the committee moves them into second highest SEC team in ranks with the way TAMU and Auburn look.