CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

don't agree w/ Iowa over Baylor, Stanford, and Oklahoma St at all 

Iowa plays a big ten championship game, don't worry they will lose and it won't matter... Stanford and Baylor on the other hand, much more likely to play their way in. 

Yeah it doesn't really matter where Iowa is, 5-9 is basically the same for them at this point.  They essentially have to win out to steal OSU's spot and even then their schedule might come into question.  

Were they not dogs against Wisconsin last year? With Cardale starting his first game?

I checked, Wisconsin opened a three point favorite in that game.

Obviously that looks foolish in hindsight but my point is you never really know.

I'm not overlooking what you were actually saying, by the way. Urban is, in my opinion, the best coach in college football. But coaches coach and players play.

I'm rambling so hard right now. Okay, goodnight.

Urban Meyer was an underdog? when? 

Vs Wisconsin

Vs Bama

Fuck Ohio State.

Go Rutgers and Go Navy. 

well I'm not an Ohio State fan by any means, and after Urban quit on Florida and lied about spending time with his family even though he quit because Tebow graduated, I'm not a fan of his either... but like @@bjirvine said, the bowl record doesn't lie. The man can flat out win the big games. He's like the anti Bob Stoops! 

also lol @ Rutgers, probably the absolute worst college football program.

Navy is an interesting offense, like Georgia Tech... triple option! 

also lol @ Rutgers, probably the absolute worst college football program.

Navy is an interesting offense, like Georgia Tech... triple option! 

Oh I know Rutgers blows dick. But I transferred here this past year to finish my degree, so I gotta root for my school. Coach Flood needs to go.

And Navy is just great to watch, Very disciplined team. Plus my brother is in the Navy so I got the family ties. 

If anyone lives in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic, you NEED to go to the Army-Navy game sometime in your life. Its unbelievable. 

Ole Miss isn't playing like they have no shot at Atlanta. Still a chance for a Sugar Bowl berth, though. I'll take that.

one more bowl game for Frank. that's nice :)

100% chance I will cry
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So, yeah, it's going to be really hard to keep Oklahoma out of the playoff. The loss to Texas still boggles the mind, though.

Too bad he's a safety. I can't imagine he'll be asked to do that very often. Unless they move him to DE/OLB, which honestly, given his size, might not be such a bad idea.

Too bad he's a safety. I can't imagine he'll be asked to do that very often. Unless they move him to DE/OLB, which honestly, given his size, might not be such a bad idea.

He's got so much raw athleticism and skill that he could be anywhere. Dudes a true freshman tossing OL's like its a training dummy...

He's got so much raw athleticism and skill that he could be anywhere. Dudes a true freshman tossing OL's like its a training dummy...

Reminds me a lot of Marquis Haynes at Ole Miss. He had 9.5 sacks as a true freshman last year. Freak athlete that we use as an edge rusher. He and James are basically the exact same size, too. Do the right thing, Jimbo!