CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

Bamas OL is no where near as good as it's been in recent years

True, but FSU doesn't have an elite pass rusher like we have in previous years, so there O line could give McCaron all day if they wanted. Our secondary is good but you cant cover all day.... Luckily we disguised a lot of our blitzes so Clemson couldnt pick up on them. And it helps when you have a safety converted to a LB that can drop back in coverage with disguised corner blitzes and things like that. (Telvin smith) He was a safety in High school if I remember correctly

Other unrankeds beat ranked teams in any other division = Conference is so weak

Unrankeds in the SEC beat top 10 SEC teams = WAR SEC!!!

LOL ok ESPN I see what you did there.

SpcsPGO.gif

Other unrankeds beat ranked teams in any other division = Conference is so weak

Unrankeds in the SEC beat top 10 SEC teams = WAR SEC!!!

LOL ok ESPN I see what you did there.

SpcsPGO.gif

That's because those unranked teams normally only lose to SEC opponents and beat out of conference opps fairly handily.

That's because those unranked teams normally only lose to SEC opponents and beat out of conference opps fairly handily.

This goes for most major programs, Big 10 tend to only lose to Big 10 (Big 12, Pac 12, etc) with the few outlying teams losing an OOC game here and there.

Sure when they are playing Montana, Georgia State, Memphis, UAB, and various cupcake FCS schools...most Div 1 schools can beat them pretty handily. I'm not a ND fan but I can respect them continiously booking tough games despite no conference schedule like USC (now they suck but this has continued even during their NC years), Oklahoma

This goes for most major programs, Big 10 tend to only lose to Big 10 (Big 12, Pac 12, etc) with the few outlying teams losing an OOC game here and there.

Sure when they are playing Montana, Georgia State, Memphis, UAB, and various cupcake FCS schools...most Div 1 schools can beat them pretty handily. I'm not a ND fan but I can respect them continiously booking tough games despite no conference schedule like USC (now they suck but this has continued even during their NC years), Oklahoma

This is for the most part true. I played college soccer and for 3 years straight we had the team that won the national title in our conference and when they went to nationals nobody could beat them, they ran over everyone. We played them twice each year and normally split with them. And all the other conferences were wondering how we did it, and it honestly was bc we knew their style, system, players, tendencies a lot more than the other teams. Its a shame that only one team could represent each conference bc we could have played them in the ship. Most of the time in conference opponents know a lot more about you than OOC opponents do.

This is for the most part true. I played college soccer and for 3 years straight we had the team that won the national title in our conference and when they went to nationals nobody could beat them, they ran over everyone. We played them twice each year and normally split with them. And all the other conferences were wondering how we did it, and it honestly was bc we knew their style, system, players, tendencies a lot more than the other teams. Its a shame that only one team could represent each conference bc we could have played them in the ship. Most of the time in conference opponents know a lot more about you than OOC opponents do.

Yep agreed, I just get annoyed when the discussion becomes ok all the SEC teams have lost but yea 1 loss SEC is better than undefeated. When it never went that way before, just kind of make up the rules as they go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think people who root for a conference are idiots, obviously some teams don't have as tough a schedule as others... but the SEC homers are a little unbelievable. 

I think after last week, it's fairly obvious that this is a down year in the SEC. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree. While the SEC is pretty clearly the best conference out there ATM, it is funny when like a vanderbilt fan or a Kentucky fan lose to a team, then try and shout SEC is the best conference you guys suck! Uh bro.... the sec are a great conference and your team isnt helping there case lol. I always have this one obnoxious facebook friend that is a huge Kentucky fan (I dont know why) but he always puts in all caps WE ARE THE BEST CONFERENCE IN THE NATION cmon man really? You dont help the case of them being the best conference lol.

I agree. While the SEC is pretty clearly the best conference out there ATM, it is funny when like a vanderbilt fan or a Kentucky fan lose to a team, then try and shout SEC is the best conference you guys suck! Uh bro.... the sec are a great conference and your team isnt helping there case lol. I always have this one obnoxious facebook friend that is a huge Kentucky fan (I dont know why) but he always puts in all caps WE ARE THE BEST CONFERENCE IN THE NATION cmon man really? You dont help the case of them being the best conference lol.

Yea conference homers are ridiculous for sure. I'll be straight up I hope each and every week OSU gets destroyed and Urban Meyer will cry. Or take leave for "family reasons" lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pac 12 is a lot deeper than people realize. 

Oregon though... God they just EMBARRASSED UCLA. They are so vicious. I think their offense is too much for any team right now. I think they could take down Bama. 

I think we may have the best defense in the country, conversely I think we may have the worst offense in the country

haha so far it looks like nobody can stop Famous Jameis. Looking forward to a good game, whats the line? I would guess it FSU by at least 2 touchdowns

I hope Oregon loses so Jameis doesn't get jumped by some stupid computer system... he can take out Bama I believe!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love that, he is the one to rule them all, the one to storm Moredor and take down Sauron lol

I hope Oregon loses so Jameis doesn't get jumped by some stupid computer system... he can take out Bama I believe!

same..dude has mad skill

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think they could take down Bama. 

There are 2 teams left on Bama's schedule (regular season) that could take them down. 

Zach Mettenberger and LSU shouldnt be taken very lightly.

Also, the Iron Bowl is always competitive when the teams are good. Because they are playing in Auburn this year, I could see the Tigers taking it.

honestly I think the tide will roll LSU, but I too have had the Iron Bowl circled for a while... Auburn is sneaky good this season, and I'm hoping for a good game.

As for the SEC Championship, Missouri has a zero percent chance in that game. lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

honestly I think the tide will roll LSU, but I too have had the Iron Bowl circled for a while... Auburn is sneaky good this season, and I'm hoping for a good game.

As for the SEC Championship, Missouri has a zero percent chance in that game. lol

Meh.. I think that Bama hasn't really faced a decent opponent since week 3 against TAMU.. Everyone talks about their opp ppg since that game being so low.. But the fact is has Bama played NO ONE in that time span. 

Since TAMU (last 6 games), the average opponent alabama has faced is 2.8-5 .. That's 17-30 overall.

AU's last 6 games: 26-23, 4.3-3.8 (average opponent)

My top 10:

1. Florida St.

2. Oregon

3. Bama

4. Ohio St.

5. Baylor

6. Stanford

7. Miami

8. Clemson

9. Auburn

10. Missouri

• Upvote (+1) 1

<----- New avi, thoughts?

I don't know about FSU being number 1, but I do think Oregon is overrated. Hard to 'overrate' a back to back defending champion but bama did seem to struggle against TAMU. I honestly am more surprised at how FSU's defense has stepped up rather than Jameis. Jameis is a stud but our D has been solid this year. Its crazy to think that Jameis and Coker (back up QB) were both in contention for the starting spot up until the last week of spring practice. Means Coker must be pretty solid too. I could see him leaving considering he would be behind Jameis for 4 years.

I would put FSU at 2 for now, until I see Bama play another solid opponent I cant say they are bad considering they are back to back champs and 3 out last 4 champs.

Agreed Harville. I haven't seen Bama play a strong opponent for a while..I don't really like AJ McCarrons ball skills tbh...if someone even dares to take him in the 1st-2nd rd in the draft, I'll laugh.

Yeah I dont think he would be a great NFL qb but then again you never know. Some qbs come out of nowhere and are studs in NFL. I dont think if he is on any other team besides bama he would be talked about. Not better than Murray at UGA, imagine bama with Murray instead?