CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

Normally I would root for Tennessee to lose just because of the Gators, but I really do want someone to knock off Alabama, and you're absolutely right about them playing to their potential. Imagine if they had a lead at halftime in some of these games...

lol I always feel like Butch Jones head is about to explode on the sidelines

If the Gators win the east( and I'm a huge gator fan) I wouldn't feel good. The vols have the tougher west schedule and will likely sweep the easy teams. Realistically they deserve it.

Also I don't want to watch Florida get slapped by BAMA. Florida is 4 years away from being good. Recruiting looks bad.

We've got one of the best overall defenses in the SEC. I like our chances with the softer schedule, but you're right... feels like Tennessee is the stronger team this year, and that was evident when they played. 

Either way it's looking like the only chance Bama has at losing will come in the playoffs. Go Washington? lol I think it'll be Ohio State vs Bama in the title game. 

my buddy Scooter at it again, this is relevant for a lot of the SEC fans in this thread... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could swear Tennessee fans have been booing their offense. It's not like Bama are slouches on D.

Basically they were too high to drop all the way out. And the loss was a close one to another ranked team.

Florida hasn't beat a team with a winning record and Tenn hasn't played a team with a losing record. Yet they are ranked 15 and we're 181f914.png

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bro, we beat the North Texas Mean Green and Umass... the 1988 Division two national champions, show some respect! lol

I don't think rankings really matter though, FSU is ahead of Florida and they lost to North Carolina @ home. LOL 

It really is kind of unfortunate though for UT, they finally get over the hump of beating Florida... and then the Gators turn around and have the easiest/cupcake of a schedule to finish the season. I honestly can't remember an easier schedule for Florida. It helps when teams that are usually decent just absolutely shit the bed this year. (Georgia, SC, Missouri, LSU) Normally solid, maybe they'll lose @ Arkansas, the Razorbacks aren't terrible this season. 

Either way, just take one good look at Alabama and you'll realize it doesn't matter who goes to Atlanta this year, nobody is beating them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love seeing Navy Ranked, such an underrated program. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea they beat Houston, who desperately needed to go undefeated this year to have any chance at playoffs. 

Yea dude, they aren't losing. Like I know it isn't outrageous for me to claim that, but I truly do think this is their most talented team yet. Look at that front seven, it's disgusting. Nobody will score on them. JT Barrett and Ohio State probably the only team who can possibly knock them off, just because he's so effing talented. 

Give Wisconsin some credit too, I think they are gonna smoke Nebraska and win that division. They are damn good. Just slightly worse than Michigan and OSU. 

I want to have an opinion on Washington, but honestly have yet to watch a second of them this year... going to try and make it a point to watch them this week. 

Yea dude, they aren't losing. Like I know it isn't outrageous for me to claim that, but I truly do think this is their most talented team yet. Look at that front seven, it's disgusting. Nobody will score on them. JT Barrett and Ohio State probably the only team who can possibly knock them off, just because he's so effing talented.

Give Wisconsin some credit too, I think they are gonna smoke Nebraska and win that division. They are damn good. Just slightly worse than Michigan and OSU.

Michigan has the best coach IMO Alabama and OSU just have too many blue chips.

IMO it's a wash between the three... Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are incredible recruiters and coaches. I'd probably take Urban over any of them in a big game because of what he's done, and because I'm incredibly biased... but coaching isn't going to be the difference between those three teams. Like you said, OSU and Bama just have a few more pieces. Give Michigan another year or two and they'll be right with them in terms of talent... Jim is doing a great job turning that program around.

The fact that Bama is doing all of this with a red shirt freshman QB should also tell you just how talented they are... what college football team has ever rolled out a freshman quarterback and looked like "by far" the best team? I can't remember any.

Bro, we beat the North Texas Mean Green and Umass... the 1988 Division two national champions, show some respect! lol

I don't think rankings really matter though, FSU is ahead of Florida and they lost to North Carolina @ home. LOL 

It really is kind of unfortunate though for UT, they finally get over the hump of beating Florida... and then the Gators turn around and have the easiest/cupcake of a schedule to finish the season. I honestly can't remember an easier schedule for Florida. It helps when teams that are usually decent just absolutely shit the bed this year. (Georgia, SC, Missouri, LSU) Normally solid, maybe they'll lose @ Arkansas, the Razorbacks aren't terrible this season. 

Either way, just take one good look at Alabama and you'll realize it doesn't matter who goes to Atlanta this year, nobody is beating them. 

Yeah the AP and Coaches poll dont mean as much as they use to. The only one that matters honestly is the playoff poll and its not even out yet.

I wouldnt say @Arky and @LSU are cupcakes. And hey maybe (I hope) UGH can make the cocktail party interesting.

None of that even matters though if UT cant run the table the rest of the way. This buy week comes at a perfect time because we gotta get healthy. We lost McKenzie for the year now too :(

Also i still think UM is another year away (Talent wise) not saying they wont make it to the playoff. Im thinking they could lose a close one to OSU and still get in.

But the thought of 2 BIG10 teams getting in is gross.

Only way two B1G teams get in is if Clemson and Washington were to lose, and they still might not get in over a big 12 champion.

I do think LSU and Ark can be good games but there is no way Georgia will beat Florida... lol and their fans weren't worried when they got rid of Richt? Very bad decision.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

Kamara is out for a month or more.

So his season is prolly done.

Running this back schedule is gonna be hard :/

yikes, that is a huge blow... he had been tearing it up on the ground for you guys! What about Jalen Hurd? He was supposed to be the man.

edit: just checked your remaining schedule... you'll easily win out, I wouldn't worry.

Watch out for those Golden Eagles of Tennessee Tech though, heard they were doing big things! Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1