CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

Yea Tennessee gets the ball here and Georgia had some bang bang plays go their way in the first half resulting in at least 14 points... I would feel good here as a Vols fan, they have shown us they are a second half team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jennings on where this catch ranks for him: "No. 2 behind burning Tabor."

Jauan Jennings for President!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Starting to feel like Tennessee is having their magical season unfold before our eyes! Happy for you Scarecrow! If you win next week you can afford a loss to Bama and still win the division.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Starting to feel like Tennessee is having their magical season unfold before our eyes! Happy for you Scarecrow! If you win next week you can afford a loss to Bama and still win the division.

Thanks G! All the preseason hype had us as a underdog for the playoff, I never thought we would be involved in that at all and honestly i still dont. Id rather lose next week then beat Bama. :D

But honestly Im thinking we're going 0-2 the next 2 weeks, Hopefully after that we can run off 5 in a row and be 10-2 going to the SECCG. I just hope UK/Vandy/Mizz/SC dont upset us with our slow starts.

Eason looks like he is gonna be a stud

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you go 0-2 and Florida wins out a very favorable SEC schedule it would mean Gators get rewarded with losing by 35 to Bama. Lol but honestly I don't think any team in the sec is fit to beat them. Ole Miss was the only one capable and they would have won out after losing to them anyways.

Still can't believe that Louisville WR didn't try harder for the 1st down at the end of the game smh

If you go 0-2 and Florida wins out a very favorable SEC schedule it would mean Gators get rewarded with losing by 35 to Bama. Lol but honestly I don't think any team in the sec is fit to beat them. Ole Miss was the only one capable and they would have won out after losing to them anyways.

Texas A&M has been looking solid. Will know more after they play Tennessee.

LMAO 

Our defense is littered with 4 and 5 star recruits, loads of talent, and ranked 125th out of 128 teams in total defense. Absolutely pathetic! 

Talent wise, I'd put our guys up there with any top team in the country. It's all coaching and effort at this point. Saw a vine last week of matthew thomas our star linebacker barely jogging out to the flat on UNC's final drive where it was tied up 28-28 and the guy ended up scoring a TD on same play. 

The phrase that comes to mind is "Hard work beats talent, especially when Talent doesn't work very hard" we can have all the 4/5 stars in the world but gotta put in the work! 

They could man, only really had one bad half on defense this year, but I do think LSU game gets played at some point! UT can win this week though I think, just stay within a few touchdowns and you'll have TAMU right where you want em!

Washington is clearly the 4th playoff team now that Houston lost.

I still can't believe how Tennessee manages to play comeback thriller week in week out! They definitely need to come to play next week and who knows maybe they'll surprise everyone and knock off the tide!

Washington is clearly the 4th playoff team now that Houston lost.

I still can't believe how Tennessee manages to play comeback thriller week in week out! They definitely need to come to play next week and who knows maybe they'll surprise everyone and knock off the tide!

We had a lead late in the 4th last year @@Bama.  We got a shot.

I wished UT won this much when I attended there. I am happy to have got to watch Eric Berry play though back then.   Not sure what's going to happen this Saturday vs Alabama though.  Hopefully Tennessee just makes it a close game at least.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wished UT won this much when I attended there. I am happy to have got to watch Eric Berry play though back then.   Not sure what's going to happen this Saturday vs Alabama though.  Hopefully Tennessee just makes it a close game at least.

Yeah Eric Berry went to the SECCG in his freshman year. Wasnt much to write home about his 2nd and 3rd year though. But i loved watching him out there every Saturday though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tennessee seems like an extremely good team that does stupid things. If they play 100% to their potential they can win, but they will not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Normally I would root for Tennessee to lose just because of the Gators, but I really do want someone to knock off Alabama, and you're absolutely right about them playing to their potential. Imagine if they had a lead at halftime in some of these games... 

lol I always feel like Butch Jones head is about to explode on the sidelines 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Normally I would root for Tennessee to lose just because of the Gators, but I really do want someone to knock off Alabama, and you're absolutely right about them playing to their potential. Imagine if they had a lead at halftime in some of these games...

lol I always feel like Butch Jones head is about to explode on the sidelines

If the Gators win the east( and I'm a huge gator fan) I wouldn't feel good. The vols have the tougher west schedule and will likely sweep the easy teams. Realistically they deserve it.

• Upvote (+1) 1