CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

What a fucking ending to the BC - Maryland game. Andre Williams is a god.

he has 897 yards and 6 TDs in only the past 3 games, that is insane

• Upvote (+1) 1

The BCS drama will go in full swing if Auburn wins The Iron Bowl and Ohio State wins out. If only the 4-team playoff was a year earlier...

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you win a game without completing a single pass? And only attempting 3 passes!? LOL dat triple option I guess

I know he's gonna get canned, but I think you should fire Brent Pease and give Muschamp one more year! His defense is the reason he was hired, they need a quarterback, and different offensive gameplan. Muschamp still has his gators ranked among the top in every defensive category. 

I'm gonna need Auburn to win this weekend to fulfill my prophecy 

I know they are having a good year, but I don't see Auburn beating Bama. The whole being ranked 4th thing is just a product of college football and an SEC schedule. It's like the Gators last year were ranked #2 at one point based on their schedule. 

Bama will roll, then probably roll Missouri too. 

This should (hopefully) be a very lopsided FSU/UF game. it will be payback for all those years Tebow destroyed us while we couldn't decide to keep Bowden or let Fisher take over. 

In other news, read an article yesterday that wasn't from a major news network so I dont know how credible it is, but it basically said that jameis and this accuser had sex a lot and she wanted him to leave his girlfriend and he said no and thats when she shouted rape. There was a bunch of pictures of them on her instagram together and her and her friends even jokingly used the hashtag on twitter #FSUCleatChasers.

Again I don't know how valid this is, and there really isnt a way to check it bc apparently the pictures on her instagram got deleted and the hashtag got removed. Don't want to jump to conclusions or anything but according to this article she was just wanting to be more than the side chick lol.

And let me round all of that up by saying this, I have come across several FSU fans who want Jameis to get cleared of everything no matter what they figure out. I like the guy and he is a stud and could help us win a BCS title, but if he raped someone he deserves the punishment. I couldn't consciously support a rapist and be ok with it, even if he does win us a BCS title. 

Every VT fan will also be a UNC fan this saturday

if we beat UVA(which we should), yes, and even though we will get killed, I love going to Charlotte and we would have lost to both teams in the national title game(assuming bama gets in)

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Iron Bowl is tomorrow and I can't sleep.

I heard that the tide won't have TJ Yeldon, HaHa Clinton-Dix, and two of their starting OL.

AU keys to success:

• Touchbacks, Touchbacks, Touchbacks. C. Jones (bama) avgs 30 yards/ko return and C. Parkey (AU) leads the SEC in touchback percentage. If AU can win the field position battle, their chances skyrocket
  • Dominate LOS (offense). AU has one of the best (if not the best) OL in the SEC (plus a machine in FB Jay Prosch). Bama has the best LBs in the SEC no doubt, but their DL is lacking at times. If AU can make Bama's LBs/Safetys respect the run a whole lot more, bama's CBs (probably their weakest position on the field) will be forced to play man with the receiver who leads the nation (well, did a few weeks ago w/ 23 ypc, not sure about now) in yards per catch: Sammy Coates. 
  • Dominate LOS (defense). AU's DL is 2nd in the SEC in sacks. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dee Ford and crew exploit the weak (relative to the rest of the team) Alabama OL and get 2-4 sacks, putting AJ McCarron in pressure situations that he isn't used to.
  • Win Turnover margin. For those of you that watched the Bama/LSU game, LSU had 2 early TOs that proved costly later in the game. Hardly any team has a chance against bama if the TO margin isn't won.

Players to watch:

• Nick Marshall-QB. Hasn't had to throw the ball much this year (who would when youre averaging 320 ypg on the ground) but will have to tomorrow. One thing that stands out about him: He is one of the most calm QBs I have ever seen. We saw it against Miss ST, TAMU, UGA, LSU. When the team faced adversity, not a single sign of panic was shown. 
  • Corey Grant-RB. Not many of you guys know about this guy because Tre Mason is the best RB in the SEC but I just know he (Grant) will have a great game. He's got speed on speed. Averaging 9.9 ypc with 57 atts (557 yds) and 5 TDs. Oh, did I mention he was the 3rd string?
  • Jay Prosch-FB. This guy is a monster. Easily one of the best (if not the best) non-OL run blockers in the SEC. According to an inside source, he has broken almost every weightlifting record at AU. Just watch him on film (#35) guy is a monster. He will face his biggest test against CJ Mosely and the best LBs in the country. If Jay can get those second level blocks (assuming the OL does its job), AU will have no trouble running on bama.  
  • Robinson Therezie-Star (Safety/LB hybrid). He is 3rd in the SEC in INTs and (pretty sure) leads the team in tackles. If he has a good game, AJ McCarron wont be, but it wont be an easy taks having to deal with the RBs, shifty WRs and AJ's arm. 
  • Dee Ford- DE. AU's biggest play maker on defense. Got the sack on Johnny Football to seal the deal, as well as the big hit on Aaron Murray (sucks about his ACL though) as time expired. 3rd in the SEC in TFL and sacks (with only 9 games compared to 11). Put him on Bama's weakest Tackle and he will give bama fits in the backfield. He is the biggest key to this game imo. If he can play like many expect, AJ will not have a good time. 

Prediction: If AU dominates LOS on both sides and win TO margin, AU wins 33-28

AJ McCarron throws 2 TDs but has 2 INTs to go with it.

Nick Marshall has 1 TD pass, 1 TD run and 0 TOs

Corey Grant scores on a speed sweep/ end-a-round

Tre Mason runs it right at the heart of the tide D for a score

War Damn Eagle Everybody

Ohio State is the luckiest/worst undefeated team I can remember. 

I just hope Bama doesn't mess up and lose because it would be stupid to watch FSU murder OSU in a meaningful game. 

Such a shame. FSU/Ohio State championship, urgh. And FSU may not even be able to have their starting QB. Sad when the best teams are clearly SEC.