CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

You can't compare college to NFL.

But I agree I would take Meyer over Saban. They both are elite coaches and its silly to call it just good recruiting

So we start the season with Clemson and end with Alabama. Greeeeeeaaaatttt.

2 weeks till game one against Clemson and we don't have a starting QB

I'm predicting an 8-4 season, which isn't enough to get Gus fired.

Welp. Guess we'll have to wait one more year!

You can't compare college to NFL.

But I agree I would take Meyer over Saban. They both are elite coaches and its silly to call it just good recruiting

Never said it was just recruiting, but I don't think he's the best college coach ever.

Seriously Bama is a title favorite every year simply because of all the studs they have on defense.  Scheme hardly even matters when you literally have 5 star depth at every position.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to the game. Should be going to all home FSU games this year as well. I'm pumped.

my family has season tickets to all home games this year so I'm hoping to get to a couple as well!

Never said it was just recruiting, but I don't think he's the best college coach ever.

There are several articles out there that explain Saban's whole process. He's all about power, for himself. He tried his same power trip stuff in the NFL on all the millionaires and big egos and it didn't quite work out as well. 

He recruits very well and then has all of those kids brainwashed. If you are an 18 year old and come to a program where everyone is drinking the kool-aid, winning natty's and going to the NFL junior year you'd shut up and drink it too! 

Nice dude! You ride?? What kind of bike? 

I used to ride an 07 Yamaha R6 (not the R6s). Let's just say I have a lot of hardware now.

Two weeks from FSU - Ole Miss  :simms:

Love the way the R6 looks, just hate the way it rides! So aggressive and uncomfortable. Great track bike though! Sorry you went down buddy, hope the recovery is coming along for you! Plan on getting another bike?

How many times did you have someone tell you your headlight was broken?

Man I hope Tennessee loses. Their hype is just silly. There's about a 5% chance of that actually happening, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man I hope Tennessee loses. Their hype is just silly. There's about a 5% chance of that actually happening, though.

Don't worry their first sec game is to a team they have lost to eleven years in a row!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Don't worry their first sec game is to a team they have lost to eleven years in a row!

I throw up in my mouth a little bit when I see them picked to win the SEC or even make the playoff.

13-3 App State :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Of course Tennessee lucks out, they should fall out of the top 10 maybe even 15 if mostly everyone behind them wins!

I think that touchdown they had in overtime on third and goal was against the rules of American football. If you're in the final two minutes of the game you cannot fumble the ball and advance it when you recover. Should have been placed at the one and been 4th down!

Anybody else notice this???

Think that's just an NFL rule. Ball only goes back to the spot of the fumble if it is fumbled forward and goes out of bounds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oklahoma is severely overrated, as usual.

Final 4

1. FSU

2. Bama

3. Michigan

4. Oklahoma

Lol

Houston ND undefeated cause the fuck the P5 lol

They'll still win the Big 12 and make the final 4.

Final four won't feature a big12 or Pac12 team this year I think.

Also LOLSU

Yea I think final four will be Alabama, Big10 champ, ACC Champ, and either ND or another ACC/Big10 team. Just how I personally see it based on the first week, but things can obviously change.

Plus the Big 12 doesn't have a championship game which always leads to them getting left out. Pac12 best team getting waxed at college station right now too.

That was real bad. I could have gone the game. Fuck

Either he was salty as hell or he thought he was in the NFL. Either way he's an idiot. And of course we have QB problems but what else is new?

Just goes to show how much Bama carries the rest of the SEC.

Is it delusional to think Ole Miss is the 2nd best team in the SEC? If only because they haven't played yet?