CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

He's one hell of a recruiter, that's for sure. Makes it much easier to win when you have all the five star talent. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

LOL good luck, maybe next season... or 5 seasons after that when Richt can actually get some decent recruits. 

Jimbo has dominated the state for years now, and has a super dominance in recruiting so we will be superior for a few years IMO. Florida will be the first team to challenge us though

Hyped for this new season, our defense is gonna be nuts. Offense will be all Dalvin Cook, hoping Jimbo picks Francois over Maguire. Wide receivers still suck unless a freshie steps up. 

Should be cool to see us on showtime though!

That makes the decision a little easier. Anticipating Ole Miss teeing off on the first time starter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That makes the decision a little easier. Anticipating Ole Miss teeing off on the first time starter.

Yeah saw that the other day. We saw what Maguire was capable of last year and it wasn't anything special. Hopefully Francois brings a little more dynamism to the position, although I've read he is more of a pocket passer 1st runner 2nd. 

That labor day game should be nuts! Definitely excited for us to put a dent in the SEC's armor lol 

Opening weekend is absolutely loaded, but that game has potential to be the best of them all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would have been more worried if it were an injury to Sweat, James, Cook, an offensive lineman, whatever. Francois starting over Maguire is a positive in my eyes. Only problem is depth. If (furiously knocking on wood) Francois were to go down we'd have J.J. Consentino and Malik Henry who's redshirting. And Nole fans know what Consentino is (or isn't) capable of after that shitshow against Houston...

I just want to beat Tennessee and Notre Dame

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would have been more worried if it were an injury to Sweat, James, Cook, an offensive lineman, whatever. Francois starting over Maguire is a positive in my eyes. Only problem is depth. If (furiously knocking on wood) Francois were to go down we'd have J.J. Consentino and Malik Henry who's redshirting. And Nole fans know what Consentino is (or isn't) capable of after that shitshow against Houston...

I live in Atlanta and was at that game... it was pretty embarrassing from JJ. 

Also, team looked 100% disinterested and not motivated at all. Wasn't a true display of our potential IMO 

I think our number 1 concern for injury would be Dalvin/Offensive line. Defense is insanely loaded and could have next man up with little/no problem. Dalvin having a great year will help open up the passing game for Francois. If Dalvin were to go down then a TON of pressure would be on Francois to produce. 

Apparently being a dual threat QB is a slight now.  Sounds like the Irish are going to start the season with a "dual threat" at QB.  After seeing what happened to Ohio State last year I'm not sure how I feel about it.  Hopefully they both really are just too good not to play.

Jalen Tabor suspended vs UMASS, not sure how they're gonna be able to win now. 

dude opening weekend is gonna be so awesome, are you coming down to Camping World stadium to watch Ole Miss FSU, anyone? I'd go... 

dude opening weekend is gonna be so awesome, are you coming down to Camping World stadium to watch Ole Miss FSU, anyone? I'd go... 

I'm going to the game. Should be going to all home FSU games this year as well. I'm pumped.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean it wasn't a "race thing" when we all referred to Tebow and Manziel as Dual Threat QB's. I just want the season to start, these August story lines are always just the media grasping at straws. 

2 QB systems literally never work. I would be nervous.

Chris Leak and Tim Tebow 2006 Florida Gators National Champions? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

There have been a few instances.  I think OK State had a bit of success with 2 QBs as well, however those situations were more defined (starter vs. red zone). History is not exactly on our side.  I think Kizer is the better passer, but our proven talent is in the running game/O line and Malik is a fantastic running QB.  I think the Texas game is gonna be interesting.  You know all they are talking about down there is the whooping they got last year so I imagine they will come out firing.

Notre Dame will be good, they always are... just have to win those close games and avoid injuries. Great coaching! 

Chris Leak and Tim Tebow 2006 Florida Gators National Champions?

Was that a true 2 QB system or did Tebow pretty much just run goal line? I don't remember.

You're right, he did pretty much run goal line, people forget how good Leak was man. I don't, love that guy.

Sorry Ohio state!!!

I hate BAMA. But they will win it all again. Saban is the best college football coach there ever was.

Recruiter*

• Upvote (+1) 2

Recruiter*

If that were true UF and UGA wouldn't have sucked dicks. They had great talent and yet Muschamp and Richt continuously under performed.

Muschamp is the coach for South Carolina. 

and if Saban is such a great coach, then why didn't he win in the NFL? lol they win national championships with no name QBs like it is nothing, they have studs everywhere on defense, offense, and special teams... not saying Saban isn't great, but he's like 10-8 in bowl games and I'd take Urban Meyer over him in a big game.

He's similar to Jimbo, great recruiter!