CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

Last post in this thread was January and we're just about a month away from college football starting up. C'mon man  :mj:

lol that's awesome, he wasn't bad at Kentucky

I remembered it that way too, but then I looked at his stats. He's still an upgrade over what BC had, but he had 9 TDs to 14 Ints last year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to know which coach gave Tennessee a first place vote in the coaches poll.

@@bjirvine what do you think of Luke Del Rio?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want to know which coach gave Tennessee a first place vote in the coaches poll.

@@bjirvine what do you think of Luke Del Rio?

Can't be worse than Treon. Keep him away from the Ligandrol and he might be competent enough to make Florida a contender in the East.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't be worse than Treon. Keep him away from the Ligandrol and he might be competent enough to make Florida a contender in the East.

I thought that was the other QB, Driskel? Treon was just a terrible QB from the get-go.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought that was the other QB, Driskel? Treon was just a terrible QB from the get-go.

Driskel is a couple of years removed. Will Grier is the one who got busted for PEDs last year. He has since transferred to WVU.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every QB ever is better than Treon.

UGA is going to be fierce this year!!!!

Its amazing how they always recruit so well and come up short. Mark Richt isn't a good couch IMO.

Every QB ever is better than Treon.

Caleb Rowe might have something to say about that.

Its amazing how they always recruit so well and come up short. Mark Richt isn't a good couch IMO.

Well now that Richt's out, maybe Kirby Smart can take them to the "Promise Land"

Oh baby Im ready for some football. We coming for FSU this year!

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

LOL good luck, maybe next season... or 5 seasons after that when Richt can actually get some decent recruits. 

Jimbo has dominated the state for years now, and has a super dominance in recruiting so we will be superior for a few years IMO. Florida will be the first team to challenge us though

Hyped for this new season, our defense is gonna be nuts. Offense will be all Dalvin Cook, hoping Jimbo picks Francois over Maguire. Wide receivers still suck unless a freshie steps up. 

Should be cool to see us on showtime though! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My wifi is Gatorbait and the password is Gogators15

All I need now is your address and I'll steal your Internet's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Final 4

1. FSU

2. Bama

3. Michigan

4. Oklahoma

I'm feeling the same thing. Clemson @ FSU this year is going to be nuts. They should re-align the ACC where FSU/Clemson would be the ACC title game. It would also eliminate one of them from final 4 contention. Would get a lot better ratings too if it was Clemson/FSU and both were undefeated (which would be highly likely with rest of ACC being trash) 

I think teams will be 

1. FSU/Clemson

2. Bama

3. Oklahoma 

4. Other SEC powerhouse (Tennessee or UGA look solid from SEC East) or maybe an outsider? Michigan? Ohio State? I would say Houston but they open up the season with Oklahoma so I doubt they can get in, unless they beat oklahoma then the rest of their schedule is a cake walk. 

Should be a fun season! 

It's gonna be the Gators only and they are going to cancel the college football playoffs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ohio state has a decent looking schedule, @ OU @MSU @Wisconsin Home vs. Michigan. If they can come out unscathed they will get in too. I'm not too familiar with their team so idk how skilled they will be

Ohio state has a decent looking schedule, @ OU @MSU @Wisconsin Home vs. Michigan. If they can come out unscathed they will get in too. I'm not too familiar with their team so idk how skilled they will be

They lost an insane amount of talent to the NFL. But they're stocked with 4 and 5 stars. So very young, but very talented. J.T. Barrett back as the unquestioned starter will help that offense immensely.

• Upvote (+1) 1