CyReN

NCAA Football Thread

Georgia needed to win to have a chance at sec championship game now they need Florida to beat SC... auburn needs to win because if they beat bama next week they are in!

The Canes have to fire their defensive coordinator ASAP.

But Al Golden won't, because D'onofrio is his buddy. OUR DEFENSE IS SOOOO BAD. 48 POINTS ALLOWED TO DUKE? 42 TO VT? FIRE D'ONOFRIO.

College football needs playoffs. Not win and in for a championship game. Are they not implementing playoffs next year?

College football needs playoffs. Not win and in for a championship game. Are they not implementing playoffs next year?

Th reason why you're wrong is because it's for conference play. You have to win conference games to get into the conference championship game.

Playoff system next year is for the BCS... which has nothing to do with conference championships.

Florida is leading right now though.

Gators defense ranked #1 in like every category in the SEC... lol just shows how awful the offense has been this year. 

georgiacoaches.gif

The UGA bench after "the catch"

And I was there! The place was the loudest thing I have ever heard. My ears were ringing when Luis made the catch.

WDE

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cant believe FSU will most likely play DUKE in the ACC Championship game. I dont care what anyone says David Cutcliffe (Duke head coach) should get coach of the year.

You know what two things blow more than anything in this world? FSU Backup QB got a season ending injury. I know you dont think thats a big deal, but if Jameis is labeled as a suspect in the case and they start an investigation then by NCAA rule he can not play until the investigation is over. So that would mean our 3rd string freshman quarterback would be starting. 

I would be so annoyed if that happened. Oh and the 2nd thing that blows is the whole jameis suspended thing. 

I dont care what anyone says David Cutcliffe (Duke head coach) should get coach of the year.

Umm.. AU was 3-9 last year with 0 SEC wins. They were also last in almost every offensive category (in the SEC).

They are 10-1, control their own destiny in the SEC, and are in the conversation for a NCG (obviously theyd need help from other teams).

They now are in the top 5 in every SEC offensive category (other than passing), 1st in rush O (1st in the nation as well), have the top SEC RB, 3rd in scoring D, 2nd in red zone offense and defense.

Currently, AU's win differential from last year is +7 games, best in the nation.

I think that Gus Malzahn has that one in the bag..

lol each conference gets their own coach of the year calm down

yes.. But there is a national CoY award and he could have been talking about that

Umm.. AU was 3-9 last year with 0 SEC wins. They were also last in almost every offensive category (in the SEC).

They are 10-1, control their own destiny in the SEC, and are in the conversation for a NCG (obviously theyd need help from other teams).

They now are in the top 5 in every SEC offensive category (other than passing), 1st in rush O (1st in the nation as well), have the top SEC RB, 3rd in scoring D, 2nd in red zone offense and defense.

Currently, AU's win differential from last year is +7 games, best in the nation.

I think that Gus Malzahn has that one in the bag... Just think Cutcliffe deserves some recognition

I was talking about national COY but your right gus has done well, still think its easier to recruit players to Auburn as compared to Duke. Just think its really impressive that a coach can do something like that with a program that has never really been anything more than a homecoming game. 

Gus has done really well at auburn and will probably win it, just think 

I was talking about national COY but your right gus has done well, still think its easier to recruit players to Auburn as compared to Duke. Just think its really impressive that a coach can do something like that with a program that has never really been anything more than a homecoming game. 

Gus has done really well at auburn and will probably win it, just think 

True, but with this being said, AU still has to compete in state with bama (the reason that about 50% of AUs roster is from GA) and all the other SEC powerhouses.

True, but with this being said, AU still has to compete in state with bama (the reason that about 50% of AUs roster is from GA) and all the other SEC powerhouses.

Your right that is very tough to do, and I think Guz will probably win it, but just think if you are one of the best high school football players you are gonna get offers from all the top schools, and probably go to one. I doubt that any of them are strongly considering Duke. I just think its impressive to not only take players that arent the top level and make them better, but take a program like that and make it better. 

Guz however has Auburn competing at top level and can really make some noise in the BCS if he can take down Bama. Duke are nowhere close to that, but they seem to be building a pretty steady program.

florida just lost at home to georgia southern and georgia southern didnt complete a single pass, goodbye muschamp

• Upvote (+1) 1