Sign in to follow this  
Ravengeance

Turning Ricochet Into Assault

Guessing that you can't change the object tags or whatever similar to how one of the modders is making flag running?

Entirely possible. But I don't know if it will be in the gametype when it's released.

Why not just keep ricochet?

I think that extraction was the best thing that ever happened in halo 4 other than the 4sk update.  New gametypes can be great.

I'm all for modded customs though.

Why not just keep ricochet?

I think that extraction was the best thing that ever happened in halo 4 other than the 4sk update. New gametypes can be great.

I'm all for modded customs though.

because you can throw the ball across the map and score.

Only if your settings allow it.  It is possible to make the goal smaller/harder to reach you know.

Only if your settings allow it.  It is possible to make the goal smaller/harder to reach you know.

As well as decreasing ball carrier speed so that you can't throw it across map. Not to mention forge, which can be used to make throwing the ball on top of the center structure impossible. 

I really feel like a lot of people don't even give things a chance before bashing them. Yeah throwing is not a good mechanic in oddball, but this isnt oddball.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How? Whenever I throw it, it goes all of 10 feet and flops. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How? Whenever I throw it, it goes all of 10 feet and flops. 

I've scored from green room. If you throw the ball perfectly at the gap in green room you can get it to bounce down hit their plat and in. Also, if you grab the ball off the runway spawn all you have to do is run towards training and you can just lebron the ball half court and in. And from long hall spawn you run forward and bound ball off the plat and it goes in (just watch out for the slight pieces that stick up or the ball bounces into needle pit) just aim for the halfway point of the platform. And the goal has a waypoint so you can use that to help line up your shots. If you know the angles at which to throw the ball you can score from so far away. 

I've scored from green room. If you throw the ball perfectly at the gap in green room you can get it to bounce down hit their plat and in. Also, if you grab the ball off the runway spawn all you have to do is run towards training and you can just lebron the ball half court and in. And from long hall spawn you run forward and bound ball off the plat and it goes in (just watch out for the slight pieces that stick up or the ball bounces into needle pit) just aim for the halfway point of the platform. And the goal has a waypoint so you can use that to help line up your shots. If you know the angles at which to throw the ball you can score from so far away. 

only with the current settings and only assuming that the other team doesn't have a goaltender.

I personally like the throwing. Maybe make it worth less than it is now so that going for a full run in is more plausible and tossing it in is more of a last option rather than the primary one. 

To capture the essence of assault you need arm time, fuse time, disarm time and team specific pick up. Without the last item you only have neutral assault.

How many of these are available now?