I started with Halo CE you ableism shitlord. :P

sorry i dont listen ^_­^ to problematic ^_­^ halo3splaining beyond kids ^v^

#h3splaining #thisish3privilege #killall2007kids

3,890 notes

Anyone here have Gears 3? A couple people off here and I need to finally finish it if anyone is downdanDunno when we'll do it though

l9oYyg3.png

Reiku getting banned for this post will somehow be the competitive community and Beyond's fault

• Upvote (+1) 1

l9oYyg3.png

Reiku getting banned for this post will somehow be the competitive community and Beyond's fault

Stop telling your Waypoint mod friends to unjustly ban people.

l9oYyg3.png

Good ole Bobby Wallace III, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the twitlonger that follows.  I need some comedy in my life right about now.

l9oYyg3.png

You do realize its totally our fault there's no social playlist right?

:kappa:

l9oYyg3.png

"Recommand"

He didn't even bother to spell it right in his tweet to you...

In the context of 343 and Halo 5, the title alone is an eye catcher.

Immersion v. Sony
What was at stake? Adding vibration to controllers was the hot thing to do at the turn of the century, with both Microsoft and Sony following Nintendo’s lead to create rumbling input devices. But in 2002, both console makers were sued for patent infringement by a company named Immersion (Nintendo’s own patents dated back to the N64, so it was left alone). Microsoft settled out of court and bought stock in Immersion, but Sony was in for the long haul, and fought hard for the tech.
What did the verdict change? It went through a number of appeals, but by 2006 Sony had lost the case and owed Immersion over $90 million. This was right as the PlayStation 3 was getting prepped for release, so Sony decided to drop the litigious rumble feature from its forthcoming controller. After dismissing rumble aslast-gen, most gamers rejected the PS3 lacking of the same vibrations Sony’s competitors had. Starting in 2007, Sony made a total reversal, paying Immersion to use rumble again in the DualShock 3, which was a major step on the PS3’s road to recovery from a lackluster launch.

This may be too OT for even OT but SAMURAI JACK IS BACK BOOOOYYYYSS

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ

On Adult Swim no less. Hope this means we get to see the amount of violence on the show carry over to actual people instead of just robots and aliens. Samurai Jack was really visceral violence even for the PG-ness of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think I've ever watched anything on Adult Swim, do i lose internet points?

• Downvote (-1) 1

They fucking released Rainbow Six Siege as a beta. Constant server crashes and disconnects. I miss when I could buy a game and be confident that it actually worked. This shit reminds me of MCC.

Would you guys say CoD or Melee is a bigger esport? Cause I've been in the debate now twice on Reddit and I feel Smash is clearly the winner but these CoD kids disagree.

Would you guys say CoD or Melee is a bigger esport. Cause I've been in the debate now twice on Reddit and I feel Smash is clearly the winner but these CoD kids disagree.

I don't even consider COD an esport but I'm going to with melee on this one, just because the amount of tournaments I've seen despite the game being over a decade old is a testament to a healthy populatiob

I don't even consider COD an esport but I'm going to with melee on this one, just because the amount of tournaments I've seen despite the game being over a decade old is a testament to a healthy populatiob

I mean it definitely is but theyre still wrong. Thread for reference

https://www.reddit.com/r/OpTicGaming/comments/3vd1zz/optic_gaming_is_your_esports_team_of_the_year/cxmkkqw?context=3

I don't even pay attention to Halo esports much so you can tell my level of knowledge of COD esports is 0. Just from what I've seen Melee's got a bigger "community" and its more grassroots, and I've seen new players come in despite its age. Not sure if I'm right though

I don't even pay attention to Halo esports much so you can tell my level of knowledge of COD esports is 0. Just from what I've seen Melee's got a bigger "community" and its more grassroots, and I've seen new players come in despite its age. Not sure if I'm right though

I just think nearly 4k entrants for 2 smash games combined at 1 torny isn't compareable to 500 CoD players at a 128 team UMG. AW CoD National got 75k views, Melee 120k at Apex, 200k at EVO. Thousands of more aspiring competitive players, too. Yeah CoD has more money in the scene cause of a 1 million dollar event and MLG had a 250k one too but people>money. Dota's not bigger than LoL because of their prize pool. Got some guy tryna argue that, too.

OT the Packers just clutched the fuck up letss gooo

Would you guys say CoD or Melee is a bigger esport? Cause I've been in the debate now twice on Reddit and I feel Smash is clearly the winner but these CoD kids disagree.

How are we defining bigger?

If Im a sponsor/Org, Id invest into COD over Smash currently.

Smash has bigger events, CoD has more online players. They have sameish viewership

With the COD league id say it will be ahead of viewers (though I thought they had more viewers anyways.) Id say its bigger because...

-A lot of pros have decent stream viewership, smash has less of an online prescene when a live event isint on

-They have got rid of the MLG handicap

-With the League, they will now have upwards of 25-30 weekends of competition (in 3 regions too) as well as its challenge division/other LAN events/online tournies. While the big events for smash get decent viewership, there are a lot less common.

-Developer ran league, with actual decent infrastructure as I mentioned with the week to week content.

-Developer wants to push the esports side of things more now

-Developer now hiring its own esports department, a few MLG guys are already there

-Much bigger brands in COD to piggyback off, such as Optic.

-Bigger worldwide appeal

-A much bigger general play base which leads to a bigger % chance to convert to esports

Saying all of that, I wish Halo was more like Smash for big open events and the community side of things, rather than insist they are this big esport and trying to compare itself to the juggernauts of competitive gaming.

Either way, before games are in a decent state at the moment.

What would you claim for 2015, though? In the future I agree it's looking promising for CoD.

And I'd disagree with bigger worldwide appeal, Smash easily is more popular internationally. CoD's main problem is that it's so NA dominated with EU being small, and Asia non existant.

• Upvote (+1) 1