Doom looks f'ing insane

Also bethesda is talking up this modding stuff so i expect mod support for fallout on consoles which is incredible

I'm not liking the look of DOOM 4, the constant scripted takedown animations got old real fast, there needs to be more emphasis on running and gunning and less of these scripted sequences.  Also slowing down the weapon wheel I feel is an unnecessary addition and just serves to make the game easier.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not keeping my hopes high for the new DOOM, the originals were pretty much FPS bullet hells where you strafed projectiles, killed enemies, and navigated some damn convoluted levels at high speeds.  While they've only shown a demo the fact they called that fast paced is worrying.

I got the impression that the dev playing the demo was playing slowly in order to show off the environments.

They'd be smart to keep the weapon wheel slowdown only on the lower difficulties.

I got the impression that the dev playing the demo was playing slowly in order to show off the environments.

They'd be smart to keep the weapon wheel slowdown only on the lower difficulties.

Of course they were playing slowly to showcase everything, I'd also assume many of the scripted sequences isn't in the actual game. The fluidity of everything in the game was pretty awesome(minus the weapon wheel slowdown, but I'd assume the wheel is only there on console and that higher difficulties do not have that on). 

tl;dr: DOOM looked  :walshy:

And then there was Fallout 4... The graphics looked better than when it was first showed and the settlement building looked nice.

Lastly, Dishonored 2, it wasn't a gameplay trailer, so... Meh.

Its a shame some of the games I'd like to play/have interest in are some of those "pre release beta/alpha" nonsense.

Of course they were playing slowly to showcase everything, I'd also assume many of the scripted sequences isn't in the actual game. The fluidity of everything in the game was pretty awesome(minus the weapon wheel slowdown, but I'd assume the wheel is only there on console and that higher difficulties do not have that on).

If they're showcasing a Doom game for the first time to the public, they should have made it actually look like Doom.

If they're showcasing a Doom game for the first time to the public, they should have made it actually look like Doom.

Pretty gameplay sells. They knew what they were doing.

That's what the trailer did.

At their E3 they showcased the graphics, guns, enemies, locations, the good ol' health+shield & gameplay mechanics(they pretty much did everything right in their showcasing of DOOM).

This day...last year, the level of hype when they announced H2A was beyond epic, let's see what do they do this year.

BodyIsReady

That's what the trailer did.

At their E3 they showcased the graphics, guns, enemies, locations, the good ol' health+shield & gameplay mechanics(they pretty much did everything right in their showcasing of DOOM).

I dunno, the shotgun was weak, there were hardly more than 3 enemies at a time, imps literally bled healthpacks, and a goddamned weapon wheel.

The locales looked nothing like classic Doom.

I dunno, the shotgun was weak, there were hardly more than 3 enemies at a time, imps literally bled healthpacks, and a goddamned weapon wheel.

The locales looked nothing like classic Doom.

They played on console, to show that it's console friendly(Weapon wheel is more than likely replaced by keybinds on PC). Imps will probably not bleed healthpacks on higher difficulties(or in the final game). And lastly; nothing will look like classic DOOM, because we have real 3D now and we can make the levels into so much more(plus; there's verticality!). Also something to remember is that it's a reboot. As for more than 3 enemies on screen, there was in the open areas from the trailer.

They showed off the game, so of course lots of things they were doing won't be how you actually play the game.

They played on console, to show that it's console friendly(Weapon wheel is more than likely replaced by keybinds on PC). Imps will probably not bleed healthpacks on higher difficulties(or in the final game). And lastly; nothing will look like classic DOOM, because we have real 3D now and we can make the levels into so much more(plus; there's verticality!). Also something to remember is that it's a reboot. As for more than 3 enemies on screen, there was in the open areas from the trailer.

They showed off the game, so of course lots of things they were doing won't be how you actually play the game.

This conversation reminds me a lot of Halo 4 pre-release.

They're changing the entire core of the game, and it's pretty certain that this new id don't understand what made the original Doom great. They're focusing too much on the "look at us, we're not Call of Duty" and Mortal Kombat amounts of gore.

This conversation reminds me a lot of Halo 4 pre-release.

They're changing the entire core of the game, and it's pretty certain that this new id don't understand what made the original Doom great. They're focusing too much on the "look at us, we're not Call of Duty" and Mortal Kombat amounts of gore.

Err... DOOM 2 to DOOM 3, hello?

Err... DOOM 2 to DOOM 3, hello?

Doom 2 was some more levels, enemies, and pickups.

Doom 3 wasn't good.

Was I the only one who really enjoyed Doom 3?

Sure it was Doom only in name but I thought it was a fantastic game in its own right. I'm pretty sure the only reason it gets hate is because of its name, which is a shame.

Doom 2 was some more levels, enemies, and pickups.

Doom 3 wasn't good.

Seems like you didn't understand me... I was talking about the jump from DOOM 2 to DOOM 3 in regards of changing the entire core of the game.

DOOM 3 was good in some areas, for example; the dynamic shadows and some monsters which were  :walshy:  when it first came out.