Has there been some good gameplay showcasing the small scale focus? I'm a huge Rainbow Six fan, but not so much the later ones in the series. I thought vegas and vegas2 had tried to blend with more modern shooters. There was a game called Takedown : Red Sabre, that was made from a group of developers who had worked on the original RBS3 games and some ghost recon games. It was so incredibly buggy that it was dead on arrival, but despite how terrible the game was bug wise, it was very nostalgic for me and reminded me of Rainbow Six 3 Rouge Spear. I'm really really hoping that they prioritize their multiplayer/single player as a tactical shooter, and not a modern shooter.

There's some decent alpha footage scattered around youtube. It definitely hasn't let go of most modern shooter mechanics. Tons of ADS and lengthy animations, but the maps are things like residential houses, planes, locations that fit into what Rainbow was about in the book. Leaning is back and I think think they killed the Vegas cover system which is amazing and very ballsy considering how many reviewers praised that mechanic.

You're always welcome to join us on Quake Arena Arcade! We have Quake 4 too as well and UT3 but we all just prefer Q3A.

I bought QAA on launch day. I was super pumped for it. I played it so early that I held a #1 spot on one of the campaign missions for a day or two. But the multiplayer was so laggy, and the lack of matchmaking killed the game so fast. I mean SO fast. I played very little QAA as a result. How's the lag with it now? Bc I remember being less than impressed.

Microsoft is so greasy. My plug started over heating and turning off. Looked on the internet for solutions. Found out it could be that there's too much dust in it. So i go to open it up and they have this new screw and not even my work had the exact bit for it.

Microsoft is so greasy they try to make sure you can't fix it yourself with a simple and small idea of using a screw that most people won't have so they can't do it themselves and then you just end up giving them money to replace it.

I can't think of any other legitimate reason why you would deliberately use that kind of screw.

Shit like that is why i like Microsoft the least.

this is my 3rd 360 to boot

Microsoft is so greasy. My plug started over heating and turning off. Looked on the internet for solutions. Found out it could be that there's too much dust in it. So i go to open it up and they have this new screw and not even my work had the exact bit for it.

Microsoft is so greasy they try to make sure you can't fix it yourself with a simple and small idea of using a screw that most people won't have so they can't do it themselves and then you just end up giving them money to replace it.

I can't think of any other legitimate reason why you would deliberately use that kind of screw.

Shit like that is why i like Microsoft the least.

this is my 3rd 360 to boot

MANY companies use the "Security torx" screws. They're meant to help microsoft, or whoever, see if you took the controller apart, voiding the warranty, if you try and get said item replaced. And you can by torx bits at most locations that sell tools. I bought a set of security torx bits for 8 different sizes for under $20 at my local Walmart. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

MANY companies use the "Security torx" screws. They're meant to help microsoft, or whoever, see if you took the controller apart, voiding the warranty, if you try and get said item replaced. And you can by torx bits at most locations that sell tools. I bought a set of security torx bits for 8 different sizes for under $20 at my local Walmart.

I've already considered warranty, safety issues, etc. I don't think it's a good enough reason. If it voids the warranty by opening it up than doesn't that actually help them out? There's a reason the warranty only lasts so long. If it's going to break it's expected to break after the warranty is already over.

Yeah you can buy the pieces yourself, but you're still having to shell out money to something you shouldn't have to. Not everyone has the extra $20 to buy tools that they only need for one thing. i myself don't have that problem, but for some that $20 could be bus fair or something.

And i'm sure MANY companies use it. But the reason is so you can work on it yourself and save yourself money. If you can't open it, what other option do you have?

All i'm doing is opening it.

My PS3 conveniently uses the common phillips screw.

Some of it was stripped because i tried other ways to open it, but luckily someone from work did end up having a bit similar to the screw. Got 3 out and had to use a drill to get that last out.

Fuc that game, as someone that got into the game super early, good lord was release day bad. Just sheer awful. 

It is bad, real bad. The glitches are endless, but despite how awful the game was it's possible to complete each mission. I was lucky enough to find some people on their forum to link up with and complete most of them, and did lots of 2v2's online which was only fun on the warehouse map.

I want a game that's like that minus all the bugs/glitches. That's what the original rainbow six sorta felt like.

There's some decent alpha footage scattered around youtube. It definitely hasn't let go of most modern shooter mechanics. Tons of ADS and lengthy animations, but the maps are things like residential houses, planes, locations that fit into what Rainbow was about in the book. Leaning is back and I think think they killed the Vegas cover system which is amazing and very ballsy considering how many reviewers praised that mechanic.

I'll have to check it out. Leaning was pretty much a cover system in itself although not a real effective one. It should be interesting to see how the lean plays out and if there are any bugs that come into play like the lean walk glitch, or wall glitch, or any of the other glitches with leaning involved lol.

I bought QAA on launch day. I was super pumped for it. I played it so early that I held a #1 spot on one of the campaign missions for a day or two. But the multiplayer was so laggy, and the lack of matchmaking killed the game so fast. I mean SO fast. I played very little QAA as a result. How's the lag with it now? Bc I remember being less than impressed.

Well, It will probably still be really laggy since you're in Hawaii and the group I play with is mostly NY. They're real cool guys and wouldn't mind if you hosted yourself to help reduce some lag. We always encourage the UK and foreign guys to host just so we can feel their pain. So if you wanted to give it a shot and host and see the lag we're all down. The two guys I play with though are in their 30's and grew up with quake and still play quake live, so their quite good. You may remember Kill Domain?

Well, it depends if you're gonna play it. I'm at the same age and honestly, i game on a console/pc, once a week these days. 

Decided I'm going to hold off or just not buy anything.  I just don't have the passion for it and just have different interests.  

Do you have any suggestions for a game I can play on PC or on my laptop?  I'm just bored as fuck on weekends man.

Decided I'm going to hold off or just not buy anything.  I just don't have the passion for it and just have different interests.  

Do you have any suggestions for a game I can play on PC or on my laptop?  I'm just bored as fuck on weekends man.

What genres do you enjoy the most?

What genres do you enjoy the most?

FPS but I wore out of those pretty fast as I have aged.  I have never played a game like Starcraft, LoL, WoW, or anything like that.

A part of me feels like I don't have the time to play long campaigns of games or have the attention span for them anymore.  I can barely sit through a movie or a television show nowadays.  

FPS but I wore out of those pretty fast as I have aged.  I have never played a game like Starcraft, LoL, WoW, or anything like that.

A part of me feels like I don't have the time to play long campaigns of games or have the attention span for them anymore.  I can barely sit through a movie or a television show nowadays.  

I hardly time to play games anymore as well, and it's only going to get worst since I'm close to making some huge life changes soon. I understand, man. I recently doubled my workout routine and it's amazing how much time of your day that takes, especially if you work all week. But anyway,

Starcraft, LoL, and WoW are kind of the king of their genres, so it's hard to recommend other games in those genres (besides DOTA). But the games I've been playing a lot lately is Mount & Blade: Warband (Napoleonic Wars mod), Unreal Tournament Alpha, Payday 2, and Stronghold Crusader II. Those games are all worth looking into. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hardly time to play games anymore as well, and it's only going to get worst since I'm close to making some huge life changes soon. I understand, man. I recently doubled my workout routine and it's amazing how much time of your day that takes, especially if you work all week. But anyway,

Starcraft, LoL, and WoW are kind of the king of their genres, so it's hard to recommend other games in those genres (besides DOTA). But the games I've been playing a lot lately is Mount & Blade: Warband (Napoleonic Wars mod), Unreal Tournament Alpha, Payday 2, and Stronghold Crusader II. Those games are all worth looking into. 

Thanks for your input.  I just want to keep it simple.  I may pick up Halo again just for the social aspect of playing with some old folks from here.  It's that I have to spend close to 400 dollars just to do all that.  IDK if I wanna do that lol

I don't go out much or have a gf.  I workout all the time (as you can see).  I did my first bodybuilding show last summer.  I'm currently in contest prep right now but it's mentally challenging me in that I don't know if I want to continue bodybuilding.

Essentially, nothing excites me anymore or tickles my fancy.  

Maybe in May, I'll rejoin Tinder and get some sloots lol

I use the Halo original theme song as a mobile ringtone and in some cases I get goosebumps when the phone rings but in some cases I get embarrassed (everyone staring at me and then the obligatory question: "what opera was that?"

I love h3 theme music. Reach is good too.

But I play to jack Johnson. Keeps me from raging... So relaxing.

Well, It will probably still be really laggy since you're in Hawaii and the group I play with is mostly NY. They're real cool guys and wouldn't mind if you hosted yourself to help reduce some lag. We always encourage the UK and foreign guys to host just so we can feel their pain. So if you wanted to give it a shot and host and see the lag we're all down. The two guys I play with though are in their 30's and grew up with quake and still play quake live, so their quite good. You may remember Kill Domain?

Nah I honestly didn't play it that much when I saw how poorly it performed and how sparse the matches were.  I basically just got the campaign achievements and never really went back.  I never saw an objective game, ever.  Not even on launch day.  So I didn't know any MP names.  It was pretty damn disappointing experience for me.  I love Quake, but I hate M/KB, and every console version of the game has just been a great big ass salad thusfar.  I did play a good bit of Quake 4 back in 2006, but that wasn't much better, functionality wise.  Played a lot of 3 man FFA's with the same people in MM.  I remember having to invite people from my recent players list in FFA just so I could try some CTF.  I think I've played like 3 games of Quake CTF ever.

I finally made it to division 1 in FIFA 15 pro clubs. Amazing what a ranking system can do to someone

Im here grinding away at a fucking mobile kpop rhythm game cause i just have to get outta bronze league

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good choice, X1 is functionally backwards in a lot of ways compared to the 360 and MCC is just a mess that won't ever be presentable and would more than likely just annoy you.

There are a lot of games on PC man, just depends on what you're into. A lot you can just dick around with friends on too.

Could find a hobby irl to mostly occupy your free time as well, especially if you need to unwind and relax.

hypeeeeeeeee

I wonder if this is going to be the one that leads up to the original Deus Ex