I talked with a competitive call of duty player that wanted to make the switch over to Halo. Was asking me questions about who is the equivalent of Sump and Optic Gaming in Halo and how different the game is compared to competitive CoD (Player Roles, shots, etc.) Seemed like he genuinely wanted to learn. It's great to see that. Makes me wonder how many more are just lurking around trying to get into competitive Halo.

I don't like CoD, but making the switch over to Halo doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Cool Quake jumping video a friend sent me... when they switch to third person and plasma climb it makes me feel like I'm watching a sonic game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Cool Quake jumping video a friend sent me... when they switch to third person and plasma climb it makes me feel like I'm watching a sonic game.

this just blew my mind

So I'm playing reach and I have learned 30 FPS IS HORRIBLE HOW DID WE DEAL

Best part is the diehard people who were like "FPS doesn't matter." I can understand how I've adjusted and now find Reach horrible when it used to seem fine, but even back then I wasn't mad enough to deny it made a difference. Funny how those people have gone suspiciously quiet...

I was shocked at how quickly I got used to 60FPS though, went back to Reach after like a week of MCC and couldn't believe how bad it felt so quickly.

I have worked last years as a CFO or CEO in medium sized businesses and in my position I have on a very regularly basis both external and internal meetings. In my professional environment the interest in video games is zero. I am forever alone with my interest and when I mention it people look at me awkwardly. 

I usually use MS Word to present the agenda with a bullet list. And instead of a dot I have for years used my own customized "bullet". It is kind of an easter egg and I have waited for a long time to get it recognized by someone sometime. And today I had a visit from one of our suppliers and he recognized the bullet! Finally! The agenda of the meeting took a 180 degree turn after that. 

My bullet list looks like this (just an example) and please follow my example. The Halo ring fits perfectly:

iY6OXDj.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

I have worked last years as a CFO or CEO in medium sized businesses and in my position I have on a very regularly basis both external and internal meetings. In my professional environment the interest in video games is zero. I am forever alone with my interest and when I mention it people look at me awkwardly. 

I usually use MS Word to present the agenda with a bullet list. And instead of a dot I have for years used my own customized "bullet". It is kind of an easter egg and I have waited for a long time to get it recognized by someone sometime. And today I had a visit from one of our suppliers and he recognized the bullet! Finally! The agenda of the meeting took a 180 degree turn after that. 

My bullet list looks like this (just an example) and please follow my example. The Halo ring fits perfectly:

iY6OXDj.png

Ha that's brilliant!

I used to do similar things at my old job too. I'd place messages in the code in html emails, or my personal favourite - I placed a Triforce and Portal cube on some packaging design for a leading retailer last year. It was covered by a wrap so on shelves you wouldn't see immediately, but I knew and that was enough for me!

Can't really do the same at my new place, surrounded by a bunch of nerds who are more into games than I am...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ha that's brilliant!

I used to do similar things at my old job too. I'd place messages in the code in html emails, or my personal favourite - I placed a Triforce and Portal cube on some packaging design for a leading retailer last year. It was covered by a wrap so on shelves you wouldn't see immediately, but I knew and that was enough for me!

Can't really do the same at my new place, surrounded by a bunch of nerds who are more into games than I am...

Thanks! You gave me some ideas...I will continue to fill my environent with Halo references :-) I have for sometime considered to get a personalized license plate for my car....hmm...maximum length is seven characters.

Love stuff like this. I've recently started warming up on CSGO by going on surf servers. It blows my mind that I've been playing the game competitively for over 10 years and yet I'm still awful at some things.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You make it sound like you honestly believe them.

Do you?

MM, obviously.

as for customs I cannot say, you would probably have to have gold in order to have dedis.

Ha that's brilliant!

I wear my MLG hoodie too work sometimes, I think to myself "god I hope no one knows what this is."

I wear my MLG hoodie too work sometimes, I think to myself "god I hope no one knows what this is."

I work at a school and used to wear my A30s with MLG tags to work sometimes (they're not bad music headphones tbh), once I was still wearing them when I walked in to a class and this 13 year old kid was like "oh my god, he's MLG" to his friend. I loved the idea that if someone was wearing something MLG branded, they must be a pro.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I work at a school and used to wear my A30s with MLG tags to work sometimes (they're not bad music headphones tbh), once I was still wearing them when I walked in to a class and this 13 year old kid was like "oh my god, he's MLG" to his friend. I loved the idea that if someone was wearing something MLG branded, they must be a pro.

#Suddothapprovedtactics

• Upvote (+1) 1

I use the Halo original theme song as a mobile ringtone and in some cases I get goosebumps when the phone rings but in some cases I get embarrassed (everyone staring at me and then the obligatory question: "what opera was that?"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just going to get off the internet today. Everything today is going to piss me off.

Honestly this is why I hate April fools day. I can't visit all of my favorite sites or anything news related because it's all bullshit. Makes the day so much worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

iateyourpie low level SMRPG speedruns are so funny

Pie is awesome, super nice dude and helped integrate a lot of people into the speed running community back when he played Paper Mario a lot.

Pie is awesome, super nice dude and helped integrate a lot of people into the speed running community back when he played Paper Mario a lot.

Definitely the most entertaining stream. I can just put it on in the background and do homework