Those things tripped me up so bad. I thought they were rolling grenades.

Maybe it's foreshadowing.

They float way off of the surface they are supposed to be crawling on..it would be a little better if they werent, or maybe just on the ground.  I get it though, beta.

I'm surprisingly tempted to go in spectator mode and follow them for a game.

They go in the same few circles over and over.

I have a question for any Astro a40 users.

My optical cable feels very flimsy and almost pops other itself. (The end that fits into the xbox one) Is there a way to lock it in, or is that way by nature?

Also. What way do you have the sound, alot of gameplay sound , alot of chat? Mines currently still where I got it. Mid way on both.

Sorry for been a noob  :kappa:

I have a question for any Astro a40 users.

My optical cable feels very flimsy and almost pops other itself. (The end that fits into the xbox one) Is there a way to lock it in, or is that way by nature?

Also. What way do you have the sound, alot of gameplay sound , alot of chat? Mines currently still where I got it. Mid way on both.

Sorry for been a noob  :kappa:

its all in the quality of optical cable. If you're using the standard astros cable, it feels a bit loose in there. Just give it a good jam, and as long as its streaming sound, its fine.

Are you using the old model astros with the stand alone mixamp + Microsofts stereo headset adapter? Or the xb1 astros with the mixamp that attachs to the controller? If it's the XB1 astro's stop reading here. Sorry can't help you. don't got'em.

If its the older one. FIRSTLY, on the microsoft controller headset adapter, the button on the bottom left (has a man icon), press it until you hear a beep. This makes it only outsource voice through the controller. for some games, the adapter works as a sound mix amp and you will get a echo through the astro mix amp if its not set full to voice.

Then for mix amp volumes. My voice is set to about 2 o'clock-ish range, and game volume goes between 10-12 o'clock-ish depending on the game's natural loudness. And i either use either the bass eq, or pro gaming eq settings based on the game.

I don't have the new xb1 a40s. So thats all the help i can give. Hopefully its what you needed

• Upvote (+1) 1

its all in the quality of optical cable. If you're using the standard astros cable, it feels a bit loose in there. Just give it a good jam, and as long as its streaming sound, its fine.

Are you using the old model astros with the stand alone mixamp + Microsofts stereo headset adapter? Or the xb1 astros with the mixamp that attachs to the controller? If it's the XB1 astro's stop reading here. Sorry can't help you. don't got'em.

If its the older one. FIRSTLY, on the microsoft controller headset adapter, the button on the bottom left (has a man icon), press it until you hear a beep. This makes it only outsource voice through the controller. for some games, the adapter works as a sound mix amp and you will get a echo through the astro mix amp if its not set full to voice.

Then for mix amp volumes. My voice is set to about 2 o'clock-ish range, and game volume goes between 10-12 o'clock-ish depending on the game's natural loudness. And i either use either the bass eq, or pro gaming eq settings based on the game.

I don't have the new xb1 a40s. So thats all the help i can give. Hopefully its what you needed

I have the old Astro's and the stand alone mix amp pro. The new Astro A40 is all a money spinner in my opinion.

Thanks though. I wasnt sure how to mix the sound and chat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Other people using a Mixamp/amplified headset with the Xbox One, is there no way around the buzzing/feedback loop that occurs when trying to chat while the controller is plugged in via USB? I would love to not have to use batteries for my controller (esp. since the chat adapter absolutely tears through AAs) but going wireless is the only way to get rid of it.

Far Cry sharks can run up hill on dry land...

Immersion...

:lol:

Other people using a Mixamp/amplified headset with the Xbox One, is there no way around the buzzing/feedback loop that occurs when trying to chat while the controller is plugged in via USB? I would love to not have to use batteries for my controller (esp. since the chat adapter absolutely tears through AAs) but going wireless is the only way to get rid of it.

plug the usb into another power source. I plug mines into my ipod charger.

Thanks, I did some google fu and just figured this out actually. Plugged it into the wall adapter for my chromecast that I just received in the mail today so that was convenient. My mixamp can go max volume with no background hiss now too, not that I ever would need to turn it up that high. Can't believe it was this simple, I fought this issue when I had a 360 too but just put up with it because the buzz wasn't nearly as bad.  :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 1

can you please charge ur ipod before you do this? 

You just need to use a smaller power source to power the amp if you have your controller plugged in. I bought a cheap, small watt usb wall adapter from a corner store for $5. Thing takes 48 hours to charge my phone. But i get no feedback loop. 

You can try plugging it into another console too. The console doesn't need to be turned on, just plugged in and the Amp will get power.