He seems like he puts his heart into anything he does 100%, and for some reason people hate that shit which baffles me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Golden boy just needs to work on his competitive halo knowledge a little and then there would be 0 logical reason to complain about his casting

People probably hate him for offering some objective thoughts during the Bomb planted ep11 and interpret it as blindly defending developers... *shrug*

He's a great guy and I like him as a caster. Shouldn't take the hate seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Casts in front of thousands of people.

Insecure nerd.

:goldenboy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alex (Goldenboy) casted here, on stage in-front of a massive audience on stream with thousands of people watching.  He didnt just get up there and put on an average performance, he KILLED it.

An insecure nerd such as myself would have probably soiled my master chief underpants 10 minutes in. 

2294797-Halo1_60258_screen.jpg

ALL HAIL :goldenboy:  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Goldenboy is very well spoken, and has dealt with the pre-launch tournament lulls caused by technical difficulties very professionally- something other casters weren't able to deal with too well imo. Why the h8 tho?

Have you guys ever went back to the first page of threads ever when this website first launched?

Man, Beyond has come such a long way since then.

I'm gonna balls my way into saying this.

Jameson Locke has a lot of potential to become Johnson's heir, in terms of personality and notoriety.

I think he has the potential to be better tbh. Johnson was always supposed to be that caricature of a hardass, drill sergeant type. Locke can be a more nuanced character.

I think he has the potential to be better tbh. Johnson was always supposed to be that caricature of a hardass, drill sergeant type. Locke can be a more nuanced character.

I wonder if his suit is different than MJOLNIR. If it isn't a HAYABUSA inspired GEN2 variant, that is. The chest looks like that "New Canon" Mark IV design.

Don't get me wrong i love Goldenboy and how he helps the Halo community out, but at pax it just seemed that him and Bravo had to much fake hype. It was like they were screaming at us the entire event.... that is just my opinion though. 

Don't get me wrong i love Goldenboy and how he helps the Halo community out, but at pax it just seemed that him and Bravo had to much fake hype. It was like they were screaming at us the entire event.... that is just my opinion though. 

Ghost too, by the time the event was over I legit thought he wanted to get Snipedown's autograph.  :ghost: "WHOOOOOOO another head-shot!"x50

Dont get me wrong there was some good game/player insight as well, but I feel they were almost too hyped in their casting that tournament lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't hate Goldenboy but I do dislike some of his commentary.  Only really heard of him in blops 2 (well one h2a event i think)  but when it came to hype it was more crazy screaming and while I doubt its forced it seemed out of place.  He's not bad or average i just dislike some of his commentary but its not like I get upset when he's commentating or whatever lol

I don't hate Goldenboy but I do dislike some of his commentary.  Only really heard of him in blops 2 (well one h2a event i think)  but when it came to hype it was more crazy screaming and while I doubt its forced it seemed out of place.  He's not bad or average i just dislike some of his commentary but its not like I get upset when he's commentating or whatever lol

J5w8MII.gif

Ghost too, by the time the event was over I legit thought he wanted to get Snipedown's autograph.  :ghost: "WHOOOOOOO another head-shot!"x50

Dont get me wrong there was some good game/player insight as well, but I feel they were almost too hyped in their casting that tournament lol.

Totally Agree 

Re commentary, for me it comes down to the same thing as always: are you actually providing insight into the game, or are you just doing play by play. Halo always tends towards the latter. No spec mode probably has a lot to do with that.

Halo is that game that is honestly pretty bad spec wise.  It's not obvious and even if we had spec mode it still wouldn't be obvious which player is where and what they're doing.

Goldenboy is great, but I've noticed this too. He tries to to make an epic moment out of something average and it shows. I understand what he's trying to do, but it comes off as eye-rolling sometimes.

How can you hate this man  :goldenboy:

Yawn he's boring. I want an edgy personality like Franktheshow, Ghandi, Ninja, Day9, most of the Starcraft casters really. I wanna watch a Skip Bayless of Halo not Napoleon Dynamite.