Grenade launcher is same as Snipe, every 2 minutes. Rest of your post is correct, though.

Whoops. I've played so many different settings across Reach's lifespan that it's easy to get mixed up.

I've heard a bunch of people praise Halo 3 for it's BTB over Halo 2. I've played an extensive amount of both throughout the years, and while Halo 3 had enjoyable BTB, why is it better than Halo 2's? I thought Halo 2's BTB took a lot more teamwork and organization than with Halo 3. Hell, I was a 50 in BTB in Halo 3 and I barely remember any real notable deep gametypes. Especially for objectives

My eyes have adjusted to the dark theme.

It's actually not that bad.

Same. I was also one of the few people who was stubbornly clinging to the light theme. But I definitely like the new default theme now. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've heard a bunch of people praise Halo 3 for it's BTB over Halo 2. I've played an extensive amount of both throughout the years, and while Halo 3 had enjoyable BTB, why is it better than Halo 2's? I thought Halo 2's BTB took a lot more teamwork and organization than with Halo 3. Hell, I was a 50 in BTB in Halo 3 and I barely remember any real notable deep gametypes. Especially for objectives

Last Resort, Longshore, Rats Nest, Sandbox, Standoff were all really good but even then Avalanche, Sandtrap and Valhalla sucked.  I say people praised it because that's where they started or nostalgia. 

Anyone here who is really good at Halo and enjoys 1v1s on Halo 3? I really want to get better and I know it's going to take being constantly shit on for it to happen. I've been the same low/medium skill level for years and it's getting boring.

I personally disliked Standoff and Sandbox for the most part.  

Relic, Headlong, Waterworks, Containment, etc I think beat all the h3 btb maps with the exception of maybe Longshore.  But I dislike h3 a lot so maybe I'm biased

I don't know how people can enjoy H3 BTB, especially over H2's. The H3 BR's lack of range and bullet spread made for painful encounters when trying to kill players at a long range. Reach DMR range was perfect IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know how people can enjoy H3 BTB, especially over H2's. The H3 BR's lack of range and bullet spread made for painful encounters when trying to kill players at a long range. Reach DMR range was perfect IMO.

Last Resort One Flag

Rats Nest Flag

Avalanche Flag

Valhalla Flag

Standoff Flag

Sandtrap Flag

All these I could play for days. So much flag action, all with crazy flag capping strategies. That's why I like H3 BTB

• Upvote (+1) 1

My eyes have adjusted to the dark theme.

It's actually not that bad.

Same. I was also one of the few people who was stubbornly clinging to the light theme. But I definitely like the new default theme now.

Glad to hear, these decisions are never easy but it better in the long run for everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Last Resort One Flag

Rats Nest Flag

Avalanche Flag

Valhalla Flag

Standoff Flag

Sandtrap Flag

All these I could play for days. So much flag action, all with crazy flag capping strategies. That's why I like H3 BTB

H3's BTB wasn't terrible, but after playing Reach and then going back to H3, you quickly realise how painful trying to cross map shoot people with the BR is.

Vehicle gameplay was interesting for sure, with the hornet and mongoose additions, definitely one upped H2 in that department.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree about the Reach DMR. It was actually very skill intensive at long range and was fun to use.

Anyone here who is really good at Halo and enjoys 1v1s on Halo 3? I really want to get better and I know it's going to take being constantly shit on for it to happen. I've been the same low/medium skill level for years and it's getting boring.

Send me your gameplay and I'll take a look.  Just an average game of whatever you play the most.  No outnumbered games please.  No unusually good games against braindead opponents either.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So my current GT is WilframAlpha, a play on words combining my first name (Wilson) and the online calculus program 'Wolfram Alpha.' Went to bed at around 12:30 AM last night. I had a dream that the gamertag "Wilfram" wasn't taken. Woke up around 1:30 AM (no clue why), and decided to try it out, and to my astonishment, Wilfram wasn't taken!! I dunno- I'm pretty stoked about starting MCC off with a badass Gamertag. Hope you all understand and appreciate this like I do!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear Aphex hates me because he always plus reps posts that are aimed at me... @@Aphex Twin we can be friends you know, I wasn't dissing Shadowrun I was only curious if people played :(

So my current GT is WilframAlpha, a play on words combining my first name (Wilson) and the online calculus program 'Wolfram Alpha.' Went to bed at around 12:30 AM last night. I had a dream that the gamertag "Wilfram" wasn't taken. Woke up around 1:30 AM (no clue why), and decided to try it out, and to my astonishment, Wilfram wasn't taken!! I dunno- I'm pretty stoked about starting MCC off with a badass Gamertag. Hope you all understand and appreciate this like I do!

Microsoft deleted a lot of old accounts that weren't being used anymore a few years back and the names became available. Wilfram was probably one of those. I tried to get Andrew the day they reset, but someone else got it before me. He hasn't been online since 2012 and has 7 friends. I fucking hate him.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Microsoft deleted a lot of old accounts that weren't being used anymore a few years back and the names became available. Wilfram was probably one of those. I tried to get Andrew the day they reset, but someone else got it before me. He hasn't been online since 2012 and has 7 friends. I fucking hate him.

474461_462364420498641_930093126_o.jpg

You'll get 'em next reset, champ. I have faith in ya.

Has anyone tired out custom backgrounds on their Xbox One yet? And if so did it work for you? I just tried 5 times and it did not work for me. A lot of people have said to uninstall the Media Player app, reinstall it and it will work. Did that 5 times and it did not work once. 

Has anyone tired out custom backgrounds on their Xbox One yet? And if so did it work for you? I just tried 5 times and it did not work for me. A lot of people have said to uninstall the Media Player app, reinstall it and it will work. Did that 5 times and it did not work once. 

I've had no issues with it at all. Make sure the source you're using is a usb stick or external drive. Trying to pull an image from your network wont work.

I've had no issues with it at all. Make sure the source you're using is a usb stick or external drive. Trying to pull an image from your network wont work.

Yup I was using a USB flash drive and still didn't work. Even made sure the image was under 3 MB since that is the limit. 

Yup I was using a USB flash drive and still didn't work. Even made sure the image was under 3 MB since that is the limit. 

Welcome to the Xbox One Preview Program.  :maven: