when halo 3 became free did it come close to those numbers?

There wasnt a way to tell as the population counters broken.

Unless Major Nelson came out with a list then, but I dont think so

I actually prefer the way CoD Ghosts does the weapons compared to the other cod games. Instead of having to be levl 60 something to get the Type95, you can buy the best guns right away with their currency of squad points.

that's good too.  but I kinda prefer for loadout-based games when there's no such thing as "the best guns", just guns with diff tradeoffs.

that's good too. but I kinda prefer for loadout-based games when there's no such thing as "the best guns", just guns with diff tradeoffs.

Yeah for sure. I found it interesting how in Comp. Ghosts only a few guns are banned, yet only 4-5 see use. Reminds me of Halo 3 and how so many weapons are useless

• Upvote (+1) 1

when halo 3 became free did it come close to those numbers?

Population counter is broken as hell for Halo 3, no way of knowing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

some1 told me forever ago that halo reach's counter is unique users in the past hour, not currently. halo4 is exactly atm

and for halo3? shit is broke

Yeah for sure. I found it interesting how in Comp. Ghosts only a few guns are banned, yet only 4-5 see use. Reminds me of Halo 3 and how so many weapons are useless

yup, it's always sad when a sandbox turns out that way.

None of y'all are still playing Titanfall, are you?  I'm Civona Deflagre on Live, gonna be playing a lot in the next while probably.  join me if you see me on.

Couple random questions, what's up with no wired controller for the X1 & should I wait till they release other edits on the X1 with a bigger HD like the CoD one they released or is the 500GB decent memory?

Couple random questions, what's up with no wired controller for the X1 & should I wait till they release other edits on the X1 with a bigger HD like the CoD one they released or is the 500GB decent memory?

Plugging a micro usb cable into the xbone controller turns of the IR blaster and all of the information is sent through the cable. They removed the need.

as droid said, micro usbs make normal controllers work like wired ones.

and you'll probably need more than 500 if you buy a lot of 60$ games, but if you don't mind taking up a bit more space you can get a pretty big external hard drive and plug it into a 500 xbone.  would be cheaper than the terabyte model, but obviously less convenient.

The Eurogamer Expo is starting on Sep. 25, the same day Halo 3 released. Would be a good day to reveal the last map.

In the end, a livestream/panel is happening or not?

We don't really "control" the ads, we can message our ad client to look into those.

It does suck in the regard as more people adblock these days, the more we move towards automated ones to cover monthly site costs. Props to those that don't adblock and support the site. I'll look into it, want to make the experience as painless as possible for those that support the site.

Do you get revenue if we click on them or if people load the forum page without clicking on them?

Just curious.

Do you get revenue if we click on them or if people load the forum page without clicking on them?

Just curious.

Clicking and viewing work for website ads all over the internet.

-----

Also got something special for the forums coming very very soon, think you guys will like it :beyond:

• Upvote (+1) 1

how floaty should the jump be in a halo game?  does jump height matter more than player gravity?

is halo 2 style player gravity a must, or could there be a little wiggle room?

@@Hard Way

the way I feel about it is that there are things that on an objective, impersonal, logical level might not seem to add anything to a game.  but they still affect the player experience.  and once someone's gotten used to these things, they can become comforting and satisfying.

game mechanics don't exist merely to work efficiently, they exist to engage human minds, which are complex and fickle and emotional and nostalgic.  this doesn't mean that every game needs to have everything and please everyone, but it means that the reasons we like games aren't as simple as we often take them for granted as, and appealing to large and diverse audiences is hard because of this.

True, just like making a weapon look 'cool', or even adding a weapon model effectively adds nothing to the game, but can make a person think about the weapon differently 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the end, a livestream/panel is happening or not?

Well there hasn't been a single peep from 343 about appearances at EGX, all we know is the game will be playable. They could announce a developer session in the Bulletin on Wednesday (Frankie did one for Halo 4 in 2012 and it was streamed). 

During the weekend Capcom announced USF4: Omega Mode, it's a free update with a bunch of new moves. It's meant to be more for the causal audience since it wont be balanced or anything like that.

Wasn't there a Halo placings thread on this site at some point? I searched for everything and couldn't find it..

Thanks, that wasn't it but that's the closest. I just posted in that thread some top 8 placings throughout the years, the other thread I was looking for was similar to my posts, and contained placings from early Halo CE events.

That thread is great, and whoever did all that really must have put some good time and effort, however it's pretty confusing looking at it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that's good too.  but I kinda prefer for loadout-based games when there's no such thing as "the best guns", just guns with diff tradeoffs.

That never really happens though, does it? There's always a best gun, or at least a select few that get used the most. Those tradeoffs don't really matter in the long run when JOT weapons are capable of keeping up with better suited weapons when used correctly. 

That never really happens though, does it? There's always a best gun, or at least a select few that get used the most. Those tradeoffs don't really matter in the long run when JOT weapons are capable of keeping up with better suited weapons when used correctly. 

maybe that's the case in Titanfall, but it seems designed specifically to avoid that.  I do fine against people who're using all the highest level stuff.

in something like CoD you can clearly tell that some guns are meant to be more powerful than each other.

nothing can ever be perfectly balanced, but you can tell when there's an effort made for it to be.

The bad kids in Reach MLG make me cry. @@Sam knows. I'm going to make a petition for at least a 1.2K/D for the MLG playlist in H5.