Can't wait for ot of gd to move faster than a snails pace.

Anyway, if any of you ot of gd guys know me from THC and play H2 on xbc feel free to add me. "JustLazer".

Throwback to when I helped set up a Halo Reach Ride Along with Deej from Bungie. Basically what a Ride Along is Deej will get together with one of the bigger known groups of Bnet at the time and play MM or customs with them while getting to know a bit about the group, its purpose,etc.

http://halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=32093

Played a good bit of Reach BTB. I forgot if we played with a full 16 man lobby in MM or we just had a team of 8. Either way it was fun and was nice getting to know Deej for a bit. The article that goes with it is pretty good too and shows not all of Bnet is bad ;)  In fact, some of the people that played in it post here (CC: @Goat)

how do people feel about friendly fire being disabled except if it's self-inflicted?

dumb.nade/rocket your teammates all day.

the real question is to take away self inflicted damage, maybe only with certain weapons like rocks/bruteshot?

dumb.nade/rocket your teammates all day.

the real question is to take away self inflicted damage, maybe only with certain weapons like rocks/bruteshot?

I don't know, it seems to me like self-inflicted damage is the one you should have to take responsibility for.  why should it be easier for you to fuck up your teammates than yourself?  that's a troll's paradise.

I don't know, it seems to me like self-inflicted damage is the one you should have to take responsibility for.  why should it be easier for you to fuck up your teammates than yourself?  that's a troll's paradise.

b/c the majority of people want to win the game in ranked. you can troll by burning powerups/weapons/vehicles just as easily as shooting your team8 in the back. and if there is a half decent system in halo5, you'll get banned for deranking

b/c the majority of people want to win the game in ranked. you can troll by burning powerups/weapons/vehicles just as easily as shooting your team8 in the back. and if there is a half decent system in halo5, you'll get banned for deranking

banned from xbox live?  or from the specific playlist?

I guess I wasn't talking about ranked, def should have friendly fire on there.  i'd imagine you have no issue w/ it being disabled in non-ranked, right?  

banned from xbox live?  or from the specific playlist?

I guess I wasn't talking about ranked, def should have friendly fire on there.  i'd imagine you have no issue w/ it being disabled in non-ranked, right?  

the only issue i'd have is the worn out "the game played competitively isn't the same as the default experience" issue.

banned from halo5, not xbl

friendly fire really changes the experience. in halo 4 you literally just used rockets/sticky det/nades mindlessly. it ws so different compared to the few playlists that had it enabled

the only issue i'd have is the worn out "the game played competitively isn't the same as the default experience" issue.

banned from halo5, not xbl

friendly fire really changes the experience. in halo 4 you literally just used rockets/sticky det/nades mindlessly. it ws so different compared to the few playlists that had it enabled

yeah it is a tricky thing.  I guess having good boot options and people using the xbone's reporting system are the only real solution.  I believe Halo 4 has some damage reduction on friendly fire, right?  is that suitable for all modes?

how do people feel about friendly fire being disabled except if it's self-inflicted?

Explosives-only.

Or at least everything but melee.

Explosives-only.

Or at least everything but melee.

that does seem like a good way to do it, since it's the only one that's really significantly gameplay-impacting.  you can't sticky det suicide bomb or fire a rocket into a group of friendly and enemies if explosives still harm you.

Nope, I would hate friendly fire being off. When they go into a friendly fire enabled playlist, they are even worse cause they are used to being able to do stupid things. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

that does seem like a good way to do it, since it's the only one that's really significantly gameplay-impacting.  you can't sticky det suicide bomb or fire a rocket into a group of friendly and enemies if explosives still harm you.

Halo 1 had the explosives-only option, but an anything-but-melee option would be really nice so I never accidentally backsmack a teammate.

Halo 1 had the explosives-only option, but an anything-but-melee option would be really nice so I never accidentally backsmack a teammate.

yeah, that's always embarassing.  Hopefully they give us options to toggle friendly fire off or on for every possible kind of damage.  makes their job easier and has tons of potential for fun custom stuff too

yeah it is a tricky thing.  I guess having good boot options and people using the xbone's reporting system are the only real solution.  I believe Halo 4 has some damage reduction on friendly fire, right?  is that suitable for all modes?

there could just be a system, no report options or boot options necessary. If a full shield is 100 health, and you deal "1000" damage to your teammates in a game multiple times in a short time frame, then ya get da hammer

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yo, I finally bought Titanfall. something I've noticed is that it's deceptively balanced progression-wise compared to CoD. your unlocks don't necessarily make you more powerful, they just give you different options, each with their own tradeoff. there's not a billion kinds of the same basic gun, different weapons behave significantly differently and there's not too many of them.

The result: using my memories from the beta I'm able to equally compete with super high level players who have everything unlocked, from level one. it's fun.

I actually prefer the way CoD Ghosts does the weapons compared to the other cod games. Instead of having to be levl 60 something to get the Type95, you can buy the best guns right away with their currency of squad points.

• Upvote (+1) 1