Signatures =/= mobile

I could see active users for like a day or two on mobile, that was cool

Yea, was testing out some plugins for the last few days. Wish it was more condensed.

Guys in the "H1 Facebook chat" did a vote for best CE players. 

Thats extremely interesting. I've played with a bunch of those dudes in random xbc games and they're all ridiculous.

statement:

"weapon reloading is equivalent to sprint in terms of what it adds to a shooter, on a basic level."

does anyone disagree with that?

-based on realism

-sacrifices ability to use offensive options while active

-without it similar design goals could be met in a more direct way

-relatively modern mechanic that became a "standard" in shooters

-results in significantly changed core design (ammo systems, weapon strength variance)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm confused about the Xbone friends system... Well not so confused, i just don't get the point, really.

So like "Friends" are like all the randoms you add to your list. Then you put your actual close friends in "Favorites"? Is that how ya'll do it? 

Ive just been letting everyone "Follow" me in prep for MCC customs and adding my real friends to "Favorites". it's not a bad system, but its definitely not a good one. Hassle to have to organize my friends like that too.

You're all free to add me as well btw. Philosopherrr <--

I'm confused about the Xbone friends system... Well not so confused, i just don't get the point, really.

So like "Friends" are like all the randoms you add to your list. Then you put your actual close friends in "Favorites"? Is that how ya'll do it? 

Ive just been letting everyone "Follow" me in prep for MCC customs and adding my real friends to "Favorites". it's not a bad system, but its definitely not a good one. Hassle to have to organize my friends like that too.

Click the globe icon in the dashboard, go to settings, sign in and broadcasts, and change it to all friends and now you will see when everyone signs on. There are other options to choose to your liking as well.

It will basically treat it like your old 360 friends list where you see when everyone signs in and what not. However other peoples settings are different so they may not know when youre on unless you invite or message them.

if both you and a person follow each other, you're considered "friends" in the traditional xbox live sense.  "favorites" are an extra layer of organization on top of that, if you find it a hassle you don't need to engage with it.

So my University is hosting this Halo tournament but it's super casual and it's being played in what they call the UC. In the UC there's 2 huge HDTVs you can play either Xbox or Wii on, and they already had a madden tournament there in which they played on the huge HDTV.

I played Halo on the tv with my friends today just to see what it would be like for the torny (I was predicting input lag obviously) and my god it is atrociously bad. I honestly don't know if I want to enter the torny now as I know all it would do is frustrate me beyond belief if I was to lose. And when I asked what Halo game it was, they didn't know for sure, but said 'probably the most recent one'. So that means Halo 4. I even asked about turning the TV on Gamemode but they said they're not allowed to mess with the TV settings.

I'm just gonna go remind you all that Halo 4 has been failing to peak over 10,000.

I think the competitive community will be revived with MCC's launch, but it's most definitely dead atm, actually Halo 4 is beginning to be borderline actual dead. I can't help but think that a lot of those players won't care enough anymore to come back, especially due to the negative image the XB1 currently has compared to the PS4 or Steam.

So my University is hosting this Halo tournament but it's super casual and it's being played in what they call the UC. In the UC there's 2 huge HDTVs you can play either Xbox or Wii on, and they already had a madden tournament there in which they played on the huge HDTV.

I played Halo on the tv with my friends today just to see what it would be like for the torny (I was predicting input lag obviously) and my god it is atrociously bad. I honestly don't know if I want to enter the torny now as I know all it would do is frustrate me beyond belief if I was to lose. And when I asked what Halo game it was, they didn't know for sure, but said 'probably the most recent one'. So that means Halo 4. I even asked about turning the TV on Gamemode but they said they're not allowed to mess with the TV settings.

Go, don't take it serious or rage like a nerd. It'll probably be like BTB on Exile or some shit. Just have fun

I'm just gonna go remind you all that Halo 4 has been failing to peak over 10,000.

I think the competitive community will be revived with MCC's launch, but it's most definitely dead atm, actually Halo 4 is beginning to be borderline actual dead. I can't help but think that a lot of those players won't care enough anymore to come back, especially due to the negative image the XB1 currently has compared to the PS4 or Steam.

I actually think the Xbone is beginning to recover from the negative press. I think it'll be better-regarded by discerning consumers once stuff like Scalebound, D4 (assuming it's good) come out.

Go, don't take it serious or rage like a nerd. It'll probably be like BTB on Exile or some shit. Just have fun

I actually think the Xbone is beginning to recover from the negative press. I think it'll be better-regarded by discerning consumers once stuff like Scalebound, D4 (assuming it's good) come out.

I should have added there is an entry fee, too, so im not tryna lose money because of the way its ran and not my skill.

I should have added there is an entry fee, too, so im not tryna lose money because of the way its ran and not my skill.

I gotcha. Fuck that then lol

there's been tons of hype for TMCC and microsoft has been turning its image around and giving more and more reasons to pick up an xbone.  despite the initial stuff hurting things and PS4 having a sizable lead, the Xbone is still selling better than the 360 was at this point in its life.

I don't see how halo 4's population relates to people buying TMCC to play the other three games, though.

Thing: what do y'all think about games where you only respawn each round, like counterstrike or gears?

I think the competitive community will be revived with MCC's launch, but it's most definitely dead atm, actually Halo 4 is beginning to be borderline actual dead. 

the competitive community has been showing up for tourneys involving games they actually like to play....halo 4's population will not affect the mcc sales or community....that shit is going to sell like hot cakes and ppl are going to play it till their thumbs bleed...because it contains games we actually want to play...

statement:

"weapon reloading is equivalent to sprint in terms of what it adds to a shooter, on a basic level."

does anyone disagree with that?

-based on realism

-sacrifices ability to use offensive options while active

-without it similar design goals could be met in a more direct way

-relatively modern mechanic that became a "standard" in shooters

-results in significantly changed core design (ammo systems, weapon strength variance)

This is a great question.  My instincts scream that reloading is a perfectly fine mechanic, but every reason I come up with to defend it sounds eerily like a sprint defense.  It deserves it's own thread imo.

Go just to support Halo, and bring the same mindset you would bring when you agree to not dashboard out when kids vote for magnum starts on Swordbase.  The "I know its all going to be bullshit, so don't get mad when it happens" mindset.  The reason I say support it is because if these people are dense enough to not see the glaring flaws in their tournament setup, then they are dense enough to think that no one likes Halo when the turnout sucks, and not throw future tournaments.

When I was going to Ohio U at the beginning of my sophomore year, they were opening a LAN center on the main strip on campus , Court Street.  I was super pumped about it.  I went in there and talked to the guys that would run it, and even volunteered to help them move in, carrying in TV's and whatnot.  Well, when they were finally up and running a few weeks later, they wanted to throw a Halo 2 tournament (fall of '06).  I saw their flyers and whatnot, and went in and talked to the employees there to learn more about the format, because I wanted to play in it.  They were totally oblivious to how they were going to do it.  I had some cache with them from my volunteering, so when I offered to help, they listened.

I held their hand through the entire process.  Every step of the way I was met with resistance, but since I had logic on my side, I was able to convince them of every single setting.  I convinced them to do 2v2 because it was easy to find a partner, and we'd get more teams. I convinced them to do BR starts (that was like B.net argument in real life).   Then they were concerned about the noob combo.  I convinced them to do No Duals.  They wanted to run Zanzibar as a map.  I convinced them to run Midship, Beaver Creek, and Warlock as the bo3 map pool.  I convinced them to use FFA to seed, with partners being put in opposite games, and use the sum of each partners' kills to seed.  One setting at a time, I chipped away at their ignorance, until they were actually throwing a decent tournament.  Then my roommate and I went in there and won the bitch.

• Upvote (+1) 4