#1 thought while playing destiny pvp:

What the fuck is going on.

#2 for me. The #1 for me is kind of like this..

"Wait, what? He got Legendary engram while being last in a Rumble match? I GOT NOTHING WHILE I WAS FIRST! DUDE."

The #3 is like: "Uh, nice place to jump with the Sparrow"

Yes, I suck.

EDIT: Thanks to #3, I've betrayed teammates multiple times. I do suck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

cf8b380344fe3e85d4252913ee2ca205.png

I honestly don't understand these people. They know so much about what's happening, yet they know so little. Honest question, where are these people from? There has to be a forum/community or something where they're getting this info.

I honestly don't understand these people. They know so much about what's happening, yet they know so little. Honest question, where are these people from? There has to be a forum/community or something where they're getting this info.

Reiku works out of the delta facility of the anti Beyond brigade research labs. I believe he's under the role of Head of making it look like he just loves halo but, actually takes more pleasure in hating Beyond than playing Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reiku works out of the delta facility of the anti Beyond brigade research labs. I believe he's under the role of Head of making it look like he just loves halo but, actually takes more pleasure in hating Beyond than playing Halo.

where can i find this lab? would be fun to sabotage its research.

We banned that reiku guy off the forums a long time ago for causing drama.  He asked probably a million times to be unbanned, and when we wouldnt he said it was because he was a casual and Beyond hates casuals.  Sort of like pulling the race card "Are you firing me because I am white??" but applying it to Halo lore instead.  

We dont hate casuals - shit I am basically a casual now playing Destiny in my living room on a 50 inch television lol. However we do dislike idiots who spam the forums full of nonsense and cause drama for no particular reason.

I also read a youtube comment saying Beyond was an evil corporation the other day, not sure what to make of that but.. haha.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Sort of like pulling the race card "Are you firing me because I am white??" but applying it to Halo lore instead.  

We dont hate casuals - shit I am basically a casual now playing Destiny in my living room on a 50 inch television lol. However we do dislike idiots who spam the forums full of nonsense and cause drama for no particular reason.

Well if you aren't racists, why did you get rid of the white theme? Starting to question your motives, guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well if you aren't racists, why did you get rid of the white theme? Starting to question your motives, guys.

IT'S NOT WHITE IT LIGHT. :frankerz:

I live in Silicon Valley and struggle to get 10 up and 2 down on a good day. At&t is shit.

...da fuck? lol okay that surprised me.

doesn't AT&T have gigabyte service?

Not to tell you how to do your job, but if someone is banned, you probably shouldn't talk about them, especially in a negative light. The person you are talking shit on can't respond to defend themselves so you come across as bullies or self proclaimed "cool kids" making fun of the "losers". But do you yo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not to tell you how to do your job, but if someone is banned, you probably shouldn't talk about them, especially in a negative light. The person you are talking shit on can't respond to defend themselves so you come across as bullies or self proclaimed "cool kids" making fun of the "losers". But do you yo.

I agree to an extent, it was a more tongue-in-cheek post if anything. Not to be taken too serious.

It really sad thinking about it, you can try cutting off all communications with him, being nice to him, agreeing with him and he'll still go for your jugular about us hating casuals. The ironic part is the staff (at Beyond) loves the Halo campaigns, Firefight, movies, etc. It's quite amazing it (harassment and slander) still continues after a year, if only he center that negativity and hate into something constructive with Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

104 days

Saw a guy several days ago with over 300K kills. Surprised people were still playing that game non-stop since it came out.

Bulletin is up

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-9-17-14

Highlights

• Recap on info released today (Zanzibar and Halo 3 gameplay)
  • Community Q&A next week, looks to be focused on the fiction with fiction related surprises
  • No word on when the map reveal will be. They didn't mention the Tokyo Game Show (going on now), so it's obviously not that

I just wants me some Halo 1-2 multiplayer gameplay. Will the 1080p/60fps quality show up on my phone or laptop? No. But it will still be a heck of a lot better quality than the VoD I've been watching every night to tide me over.

something I noticed while watching the gamescom halo 5 first look thing but didn't mention: when Quinn talks about "fair starts", it's part of his discussion about "arena gameplay" and "4 players on each team".

This immediately makes me think that there might be some game modes that at the very least have preset loadouts.  And maybe that's not a bad thing.  maybe it can fit if the loadouts are just slight variations that don't give anyone an unfair advantage, and are only in BTB or infection or stuff like that.

it's possible that the entire halo 5 multiplayer experience won't allow you to choose your weapons, but the naming of "fair starts" as a system makes me think it's referring to a specific group of game modes rather than a global standard.

something I noticed while watching the gamescom halo 5 first look thing but didn't mention: when Quinn talks about "fair starts", it's part of his discussion about "arena gameplay" and "4 players on each team".

This immediately makes me think that there might be some game modes that at the very least have preset loadouts.  And maybe that's not a bad thing.  maybe it can fit if the loadouts are just slight variations that don't give anyone an unfair advantage, and are only in BTB or infection or stuff like that.

Yeah that's the impression I got from it as well. I'd much rather there were no loadouts at all in Halo 5, but his wording makes it seem like a lack of loadouts will be specific to this arena part of the multiplayer. I could live with loadouts that were very limited but I don't see the point in them really.

Yeah that's the impression I got from it as well. I'd much rather there were no loadouts at all in Halo 5, but his wording makes it seem like a lack of loadouts will be specific to this arena part of the multiplayer. I could live with loadouts that were very limited but I don't see the point in them really.

people like to be able to pick a role at the beginning of a match.  Halo's about being jack of all trades, but if you, for example, chose to spawn with an assault rifle and SMG rather than an assault rifle and pistol, it's a conscious decision to at least start off your spawn focused more on mid-close range combat, instead of mid-long.

The problem with loadouts is when the tradeoffs aren't equal. when you're exchanging a BR for a shotgun, for example.  Or switching out a human pistol for a plasma pistol, or spawning with freaking plasmas.  There need to be strict guidelines on what weapons can be in loadouts in more traditional competitive modes, and in what combinations.  for things like Infection there's more wiggle room since that's almost a whole different game, but in BTB if you let people spawn with an anti-vehicle weapon... well... your banshee's going to be dropping out of the sky a whole lot.

If they do it right, it has potential to be far better than reach or H4's versions of loadouts.

But hey, even if people aren't down with that we know that the base 4v4 gametypes aren't going to have loadouts.  and I feel like that's what most of the people are there for.