You live in Austria too? Going to GamesCity in October in Wien?

I'm not too content with my ISP these days... I get 10down 2up with a 13ms ping, at 20 euro a month to UPC. Great price compared to Ohio, but still could be much better...

Yep, in Vienna as well, I'm a close friend of Vode if you remember him.

Lol didn't even know about gamescom (game city its called right), yeah I might go is there anything special happening?

Also are you on fibre with upc? Becaus I get it with A1 for 23€ a month.

Did they turn the Reach population counter off on purpose? Every playlist says zero.

I also I forgot how slow you have to shoot with any kind of bloom.

Been dodgy as hell since Halo 4 came out - same for Halo 3.

Yep, in Vienna as well, I'm a close friend of Vode if you remember him.

Lol didn't even know about gamescom (game city its called right), yeah I might go is there anything special happening?

Also are you on fibre with upc? Becaus I get it with A1 for 23€ a month.

Yup, I remember Vode. Game City is at Rauthausplatz. I went to the one prior to H4's launch two years ago. I expect them to have H2A there this year, as one of my German buddies on XBL says he's coming in for the convention as well.

I'm not sure if I'm on fiber or not, I'll have to look into that.

Good to know there's some other Halo fans in the area though. You ever hit up Area52 for lans?

Yup, I remember Vode. Game City is at Rauthausplatz. I went to the one prior to H4's launch two years ago. I expect them to have H2A there this year, as one of my German buddies on XBL says he's coming in for the convention as well.

I'm not sure if I'm on fiber or not, I'll have to look into that.

Good to know there's some other Halo fans in the area though. You ever hit up Area52 for lans?

Sweet if they have h2a I'm more than interested in going.

We could even meet up if you're up for it.

I actually did quite a bit of promoting halo with the owner of area52 about a year ago. We did a halo 4 1v1 with ffa seeding and later a "halo championship" with halo wars, reach gold pro 1v1 and halo 4 1v1 with bearable weapon spawn settings. sadly after that it died down quickly due to h4 beeing the game it is and me loosing interest in promoting it.

The owner is a pretty nice guy who's looking to push e-sports in Austria and is up for new ideas and respects input from those who've played a game more than himself.

There'll probably be a mcc release event as well!

Sweet if they have h2a I'm more than interested in going.

We could even meet up if you're up for it.

I actually did quite a bit of promoting halo with the owner of area52 about a year ago. We did a halo 4 1v1 with ffa seeding and later a "halo championship" with halo wars, reach gold pro 1v1 and halo 4 1v1 with bearable weapon spawn settings. sadly after that it died down quickly due to h4 beeing the game it is and me loosing interest in promoting it.

The owner is a pretty nice guy who's looking to push e-sports in Austria and is up for new ideas and respects input from those who've played a game more than himself.

There'll probably be a mcc release event as well!

I hear he's a pretty cool guy. Awhile back a mate and I were considering the possibilities of opening a LAN Center outselves and another friend recommended we check out Area52 and chat with the owner... But that project ended up falling though anyhow. My friend got cold feet and I've been too tied up with my graduate studies.

But yeah, I'm dead positive that Game City will have H2A. I'm actually hoping that Forge might be accessible... Would love to get a early hands on to see just how decent it is this time around.

I hear he's a pretty cool guy. Awhile back a mate and I were considering the possibilities of opening a LAN Center outselves and another friend recommended we check out Area52 and chat with the owner... But that project ended up falling though anyhow. My friend got cold feet and I've been too tied up with my graduate studies.

But yeah, I'm dead positive that Game City will have H2A. I'm actually hoping that Forge might be accessible... Would love to get a early hands on to see just how decent it is this time around.

Right I remember Vode telling me about that. We were like "dude we´d be hang there all day playing H1" :D

Allright then I´m going if nothing gets in my way. Although I really highly doubt forge will be available tbh.

Was H4 even fully playable back then? 

YES ! 

Astros headset amateurs. I like headsets that don't break. #SennheiserPC350sMasterRace

Right I remember Vode telling me about that. We were like "dude we´d be hang there all day playing H1" :D

Allright then I´m going if nothing gets in my way. Although I really highly doubt forge will be available tbh.

Was H4 even fully playable back then? 

I think they only had the MP available. Did convince the people running the booth to let me swap out the controller for my Scuff to see how well the controls ported over to H4 from Reach though, haha. Shoot me a PM dude, we all should get together to play some CE sometime.

there was some dude on another site complaining about 343 having too many maps in grounded locations, and wishing they'd turned this into some crazy forerunner thing.  I guess they forgot that people had a hissy fit over lockout being exactly the same but at sunrise instead of at night.

there was some dude on another site complaining about 343 having too many maps in grounded locations, and wishing they'd turned this into some crazy forerunner thing.  I guess they forgot that people had a hissy fit over lockout being exactly the same but at sunrise instead of at night.

I saw that on neogaf.

I was going to start a whole thing but I didnt feel like getting banned today. It was almost as bad as the post claiming that the H2A footage looks "on par" with Reach. And that he wish H3 was getting the full remastered treatment along with Reach and ODST.

@@Rockyrock

Hey, I get it.  H2A isn't the generational leap some people are expecting.  I think they assume this is running on the Halo 5 engine, when in reality it's mostly halo 4's upgraded.  I can imagine people being a bit disappointed if they thought this level of visuals was all they could expect for H5.

and it would be nice if all the games got visual upgrades, of course. But 1080p 60 makes a bigger difference than people think.  The non-anniversary treatment is basically on the level of the Last of Us remastered edition that came out recently, which really emphasizes the value of the MCC.  still don't get how it's just 60$.

The Forza Horizon 2 demo is insanely good

nebzsq.gif

irfUDGQ3xBhNc.gif

More gifs, including wrecks

ibgZLH6kuetUBV.gif

iQM5q2oFCGgBI.gif

I used to not get the fuss about cars.  within 10 minutes of playing the original Horizon, I was in love with them.  Horizon 2 looks like the goat racing game.

@@Rockyrock

Hey, I get it.  H2A isn't the generational leap some people are expecting.  I think they assume this is running on the Halo 5 engine, when in reality it's mostly halo 4's upgraded.  I can imagine people being a bit disappointed if they thought this level of visuals was all they could expect for H5.

and it would be nice if all the games got visual upgrades, of course. But 1080p 60 makes a bigger difference than people think.  The non-anniversary treatment is basically on the level of the Last of Us remastered edition that came out recently, which really emphasizes the value of the MCC.  still don't get how it's just 60$.

Hell dude I like the way it looks great. No it doesn't blow you away graphically but I'll take that clean Halo look in 1080/60fps any day of the week.

I think I recall 343 or a former 343 employee saying that they thought they shouldn't have made halo 4 on the 360, instead using their first time working together as a team to create Halo 1 anniversary, and then using that experience to make Halo 4 for Xbox One.

I wonder how that would have turned out?  would we still be getting the MCC released around this time with Halo 4 being a launch title?  would the MCC be released on current gen and then ported to xbox one?

I will say one thing, I think Halo 4 coming out when it did was kinda important.  If it had the visual and technical prowess of the new consoles backing it up, it might have been able to find greater success and enable 343 to keep going in the direction they were going.  it was pretty on 360, but the environments were smaller than they could have been and it wasn't so mindblowing that people didn't want to play anything else.

Or maybe being used to working together would have made development on Halo 4 go more smoothly and ended up with a better game that we'd have liked more.  Who knows, but I'm glad we are where we are now.

Wow, Horizon 2 looks really good. Big fan of racing games, will definitely be checking that out.

Started playing both destiny and Diablo 3 last night. Was an all nighter. Both are pretty good games. Got ot level 10 in destiny, and 11 in D3. Slept for 3 hours, and now im at it again.

I think I recall 343 or a former 343 employee saying that they thought they shouldn't have made halo 4 on the 360, instead using their first time working together as a team to create Halo 1 anniversary, and then using that experience to make Halo 4 for Xbox One.

I wonder how that would have turned out?  would we still be getting the MCC released around this time with Halo 4 being a launch title?  would the MCC be released on current gen and then ported to xbox one?

I will say one thing, I think Halo 4 coming out when it did was kinda important.  If it had the visual and technical prowess of the new consoles backing it up, it might have been able to find greater success and enable 343 to keep going in the direction they were going.  it was pretty on 360, but the environments were smaller than they could have been and it wasn't so mindblowing that people didn't want to play anything else.

Or maybe being used to working together would have made development on Halo 4 go more smoothly and ended up with a better game that we'd have liked more.  Who knows, but I'm glad we are where we are now.

I feel like we would have gotten Halo 2 Anniversary as a standalone if Halo 4 didn't release until 2013 for the Xbox One.

im happy they released H4 for 360, they took a ton of feedback/heat for it, so H5 "should" be the product of that feedback. I imagine they wouldnt have taken much feedback from a H1 anniversary to change H4 much.

This has got to be the most entertaining ball game on guardian played on the mainstage. "Let's go mauler...let's go mauler!" Hahahaha.

One of my jobs is sorta like a hybrid youth sports center/rental hall type thing. We offer youth sports like Football, Basketball, Rugby etc, but we get rented out for anything and everything. Baptisms, Weddings, Extreme Fighting Champion cage fights, and even Boxing.

The point is that today we had people inquire about renting the entire building, something that even the cage fights can't do while selling 1000 tickets. There's no company name, but they want to do a video game con, that is full of vendors, panelists, competitions and free play. The director of the building is completely on board with this, and it looks like I'll be helping.

Barely any details are planned, but they want free play areas for various games and tournaments as well. They want the newest version of street fighter, as well as SFII, they want Mario Kart tournaments, Smash tournaments, MCC tournaments, and lots of retro gaming tournaments. It's a one day thing though instead of a weekend which seems odd to me. Still pretty cool, and I hope I can post the info here when the ball gets rolling.

• Upvote (+1) 2