Are you at UT Tyler? It doesn't get much better at UT Austin. Very similar numbers, although ours are a bit better.

Nah I'm at Northwestern State in Louisiana. I'm in one of the apartment complexes here and I'm still not completely sure how the internet is spread across here either per building or the entire complex. Either way you can definatley tell when everyone is on at once.

Nah I'm at Northwestern State in Louisiana. I'm in one of the apartment complexes here and I'm still not completely sure how the internet is spread across here either per building or the entire complex. Either way you can definatley tell when everyone is on at once.

I went to their orientation when looking for unis. Took classes at LSU and Southeastern instead. Beautiful place, but too far from Baton Rouge and New Orleans for me.

I went to their orientation when looking for unis. Took classes at LSU and Southeastern instead. Beautiful place, but too far from Baton Rouge and New Orleans for me.

It really is. Small too so you walk to just about everything. I'm enjoying it.

I don't want to derail the Reach thread with criticism, so Im posting here cause I have some genuine questions. How did Armor Lock ever make it into the MLG settings? Like seriously, how did the community ever allow that?

Also, how did we go backwards in that we had no sprint, but then added it?

I was literally in disbelief when this was happening thinking wtf is wrong with people 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't want to derail the Reach thread with criticism, so Im posting here cause I have some genuine questions. How did Armor Lock ever make it into the competitive settings? Like seriously, how did the community ever allow that?

Also, how did we go backwards in that we had no sprint, but then added it?

I was literally in disbelief when this was happening thinking wtf is wrong with people 

Armour Lock wasn't in competitive settings. 

Arena wasn't even close to what any of us would consider competitive.

Armour Lock wasn't in competitive settings. 

Arena wasn't even close to what any of us would consider competitive.

It was, in MLG V1. Then they added spawning with sprint in V2.

edit: By competitive settings I meant MLG 

It was, like V1 or V2

edit: By competitive settings I meant MLG 

TIL

Good lord.

It was early on then, they were testing it out so it makes sense.

Yeah, it was taken out in V2 so I guess im being overly critical but it's like come on... you don't need to be a genius and have extensive testing to figure out it's not competitive lol. 

Yeah, it was taken out in V2 so I guess im being overly critical but it's like come on... you don't need to be a genius and have extensive testing to figure out it's not competitive lol. 

Yeah, I never knew why KC didn't take Sprint out from MLG settings. I know he didn't want to split the community, but honestly. who actually played MLG Reach from the casual scene. He should have taken it out and then all we'd have to deal with was bloom and bad maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys I made something Halo 2 related, gimme ur love <3

Some of the tones on the bass are out of key, making it sound kinda spooky. I'd try cleaning it up a little. Other than that, cool.

I was just watching a Halo 4 video, and my god... How did 343 fuck the weapon sounds up so much? The sniper sounds like dropping an ice cube into a glass.

Anniversary's sniper tho... Damn... So satisfying that sound. (At least for me)

Yeah, I never knew why KC didn't take Sprint out from MLG settings. I know he didn't want to split the community, but honestly. who actually played MLG Reach from the casual scene. He should have taken it out and then all we'd have to deal with was bloom and bad maps.

I actually liked Oasis Hill, like, a lot.  And I liked Android too.  I feel like if those were dev maps they'd be some of people's favorite maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually liked Oasis Hill, like, a lot.  And I liked Android too.  I feel like if those were dev maps they'd be some of people's favorite maps.

Yeah, but I'm mainly talking about disc maps. They were pretty much all garbo. Forge maps can be good, but they all just look same-y and boring, not a good trait if you want spectators to get into your game, or casuals to get into the competitive scene.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Microsoft buys Minecraft and Notch is leaving Mojang.

oh boy

Meanwhile he will be moving up a few spots on the world's richest people list.

Yeah, but I'm mainly talking about disc maps. They were pretty much all garbo. Forge maps can be good, but they all just look same-y and boring, not a good trait if you want spectators to get into your game, or casuals to get into the competitive scene.

There were little tricks forgers were able to pull off to give their maps more atmosphere and reduce the "samey" feeling that they'd give; namely making the map open air and picking various locations on FW to offer different skybox views and slightly different shading of the blocks.... But really not much we could do aside from that. :/

And yeah, Android was a pretty solid map. I was disapointed how it got treated at the TLN LAN. Ladnil's a solid forger and deserved better than that.

Here's to hoping the forge options and textures are improved further in TMCC and that we can make some truly outstanding creations this time around!

The bad boy of forge is back!

Maps in MM:

Select (HR) | Despair (H4) | Orion (H4) | Select (H4)

Just...

• Upvote (+1) 1

The bad boy of forge is back!

Maps in MM:

Select (HR) | Despair (H4) | Orion (H4) | Select (H4)just... 

Just...

You're just salty that WIP never made it.

You're just salty that WIP never made it.

It made it, but I sold it for 2.5 billion.

Well, here's my latest Halo Metal track. A cover of Earth City from Halo 2. Shout out to @@Gaard for suggesting it. Really fun one to do. 

• Upvote (+1) 2