Has anyone else recently started playing Halo again?  I quit playing video games right before I went to college in 2010 and I just bought an 360 so I can play H3.  I'm so damn bad and it's seriously the most frustrating thing to just have the worst BR and playing habits in general now.  

Anyone else going through this?

lol. i tried playing some halo 4 after the destiny beta ended. i was bored and wanted to play something. I missed out on most of the beta (too busy with work and stuff). least to say played halo 4 for a total of 4 minutes and shut it off.

lol. i tried playing some halo 4 after the destiny beta ended. i was bored and wanted to play something. I missed out on most of the beta (too busy with work and stuff). least to say played halo 4 for a total of 4 minutes and shut it off.

Destiny beta was sick.  Surprisingly my play in that was nothing like the current state of my halo game.  I can't even imagine trying to play H4.  I played it for about a week before I gave it up and went to 3.

Matching btb parties while flying solo is stupid

I matched a kid who was playing his first game ever yesterday. I'm no pro but I'm pretty competent and I'm matching up with people who have LITERALLY NEVER PLAYED MULTIPLAYER. How much fun could either of us have? I felt bad for the poor dude but he managed to go 8-24.

And they wonder why people are leaving Halo in droves.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Think we are getting abit carried away with the fifa/esports chat.

I was in a conversation the other day with someone who said Halo 1 would not be in MLG because "time has proven it's an unbalanced game for competitive". My point is MLG don't care.

Have you played FIFA with manual settings?

Yes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2bwluk/official_statement_on_todays_discussions_from/

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it's gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

I matched a kid who was playing his first game ever yesterday. I'm no pro but I'm pretty competent and I'm matching up with people who have LITERALLY NEVER PLAYED MULTIPLAYER. How much fun could either of us have? I felt bad for the poor dude but he managed to go 8-24.

And they wonder why people are leaving Halo in droves.

I played two games of rumble pit the other day and in one of them, I played people who didn't know how to play. Three quit out early and it was me versus two others. One of them must have been his first time playing, he couldn't aim and move at the same time. The other didn't know the concept of strafing and map movement. That wasn't even fun for me, I don't know how they would have fun.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/albinoceros/haloreach/gamehistory#/?game=1310368830&section=Competitive

^ That's the game. This was Mad Scareface's first and last game of Reach. Look at the other players, all of them had a really bad K/D besides the fake Kampy and myself.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2bwluk/official_statement_on_todays_discussions_from/

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it's gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.

Bungie's narcissism knows no bounds. So random BR spread, taking away ranked play-lists, Armor lock, DMR bloom, lessening quality of 2v2/4v4 maps, nerfing all the weapon kill times.,ect.....was catering to the competitive crowd? Still dont understand if he means "hardcore competitive" by competitive set or just like in general competitive players in MP. If he means hardcore competitive Halo players that is total BS.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bungie's narcissism knows no bounds. Still dont understand if he means "hardcore competitive" by competitive set or just like in general competitive players in MP. If he means hardcore competitive players that is total BS.

I'm almost positive he is talking about PvP/Matchmaking in general. Just like how every Destiny MP playlist said "competitive" in the description. Game developers don't usually view the word competitive the same as competitive players do.

We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set.

cater to the competitive

eUOJ9qY.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well Bungies definition of competitive set for Bungie =/= actual competitive players/Tourney players.

Comp just means multiplayer basically.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i think you guys are misreading what he wrote.

Urk was talking about "post-launch" support. And i think what he said was true. post-launch most of the updates to halo by bungie was catering towards more competitive crowd. however the way destiny looks setup it seems they are going to cater to the larger community with post-launch updates.

i think the post-launch support to Halo was just the way the game was designed. most of us competitive players understood what halo needed and asked for the appropriate updates. whereas the way destiny looks setup it seems they can add a lot post-launch to support their "casual" audience.

i've been playing since FIFA 98 and i'm jamaican so football is a big part of my life..

Pfft noob, FIFA 94 aka Fifa International Soccer where you could block goal kicks to score, and you could run away from the ref if he tried to book you.

I was in a conversation the other day with someone who said Halo 1 would not be in MLG because "time has proven it's an unbalanced game for competitive". My point is MLG don't care.

And my point wasnt about its comp merits, and that FIFA as an esports isint popular enough/support

On a similar note im playing in a FIFA tourney at a pub this week.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pfft noob, FIFA 94 aka Fifa International Soccer where you could block goal kicks to score, and you could run away from the ref if he tried to book you.

And my point wasnt about its comp merits, and that FIFA as an esports isint popular enough/support

On a similar note im playing in a FIFA tourney at a pub this week.

Also the little ads/jumbo-tron animations were amazing

RemorsefulBlindHalcyon.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone used those new xb1 headsets? Planning on buying one with my xb1 September but not sure which

Was considering on buying the 360 headset adapter but my headset broke so buying a 360 headset would make it more expensive

You mean the stache ?  I lol'd

Much worse. When he's recovered, I'll ask permission to show it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wonder how Bungie is gathering feedback from the Destiny Beta. All I am seeing in their forums is threads about cancelling pre-orders. I liked the game a lot. Definitely getting it.