IIRC some GoW players made it to top 32 but maybe I'm wrong.  You definitely saw a lot of GoW players, even Puckett regarded this by saying a lot of GoW players move around games and competed in Halo plenty. Gears is definitely way more competitive (especially Gears 3) than at least 3 or 4 of the Halo games, I don't even know how you can really argue a game like h2 and beyond is more competitive than Gears 3.  Also, I'm not talking about Ghosts because honestly that game is utter trash for shooters

Honestly the only CoD I see that has any competitive validity is blops 2.  I think CoD4 is overrated and that the KTs were still way too fast in that game.

This is All we saw with Blops 2 so far is this when it came to Halo players :

Ogre 2 had picked up players from other modern shooters/games, played in a LP ONLINE tournament and placed in CoD XP.  Keep in mind everyone knew that everyone was using some cheap shit since League play was abuseable.  Then Ogre 2s team RAGE plays in CoDXP and gets bodied.  

SQ then played in some cod event and either got top 64 or top 32.  Never got there again (did they even play in other events..?).  Ogre 2s team got bopped around round 4 in a cod event as well.  Most Halo players even admitted to waiting until Ghosts on twitter because they knew they wouldn't be able to catch up in Blops 2 after 4-6 months in.

6 Year olds also used to be obsessed with Halo and all the cool kids played Quake, doesn't really matter what's popular.  yeah it's easy to understand some simple mechanics in the game but eventually it gets a bit deeper in metagame and whatnot.

Blops 2 pubs are trash, I dunno if I'd say more trash than H4 Infinity but it doesn't really matter since we're talking comp play.

MW =/= 3arc.  3arc has been showing that they are changing how CoD game plays, you can totally see this with Blops 2.  They increased KTs by a good margin, aiming is more difficult than other CoD games, strafe is REALLY good, maps aren't that bad, etc

What does H4 have?  A crap strafe, bad maps, a random gun, KTs are still way too slow.  Sure H4 took the customization that CoD had w/ loadouts and whatnot but they are definitely not copying the gameplay changes that 3arc made for Blops 2 that actually helped the game a lot.

H4 is legitimately more competitive as of now than the Ghosts crap I just picked up, reminded me why I could never get into comp CoD and why I dont ever wish to. Its fun on a casual level at times, mowing down people with little thought and thats what the game excels at TBH.  I was playing the comp play-lists(Domination, SnD) and its still one of the most garbage comp shooters I have ever played, its clear to see the game has no intention to cater to competitive players and with annual releases the game's never going to be stable as a comp shooter which I cant stand. I still think a competitive F2P console/PC FPS needs to happen that is supported by developers for a true stable "esport" as F2P seems to be the way to go these days.

I cant speak to Blackops 2 because I only played Blackops, but that game was trash as well and one of the most unbalanced shooters I have ever played. Hard to imagine the difference was because of actual mechanical changes(does CoD ever change its formula?) or because people jumped on the MLG CoD bandwagon because it had legitimate e-sports features for the first time of any console FPS. Just because people are sipping the comp cod kool-aid now doesn't mean it actually has taken steps to become more balanced and competitive mechanic wise. I rank GoW higher than MW in terms of competitive value, but H2 07' is legitimately one of the most competitive online shooter on Xbox/Xbox 360 in my opinion and one of the most quality ones as well. If a H2 remake came out, an actual elite level skill-gap would exist in an AAA console shooter for the first time since Modern Warfare.

I think with some time, Halo pros will place top 16 at CoD or get picked up by established CoD teams and prove alot of people wrong. Its not like the competition in cod is super serious were talking about top AM teams comprised mostly of 15-16 year olds who have no pro-level shooter experience/event wins like the Halo pros do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't remember the last time i have fallen asleep for the night before 2am... I have been trying to fix that for a few weeks now, but i just can't do it. I just lay in bed all night... It's hard to keep a normal sleep schedule when you have no schedule you have to keep, ever...

Does anyone here other then Sam still play Halo Reach? Or is everyone still doing the H3 thing? I'm going to clean some space on my friends list and start adding kids i see playing reach at least somewhat regularly. I almost always have a party of 4 online every night but we get stuck searching playlist praying for another group to get online. If you play, and especially if you have a group you play with that wants to run customs with my group. Add me; Philosopherrr

Also looking for more averagely skilled Marvel players to grind some marvel with... Trying to learn some new characters and it's hard with no local training buddy, and everyone online goes HAM so it can be hard to play around with randoms teams. Iv'e added a few people from here for sure but i don't really ever see anyone online. My marvel host is very good. Almost everyone i play online send me a "Good host, lets play again sometime" message.

You're on American timezones right? Me and some friends still play reach a few times each week but only at European noon/night. However if you're available add me :)

That's weird as hell. You try fixing your sleeping schedule? Tbh it sounds like a doc might be a good idea to go to.

Its just a bad living situation. My room is smack in the middle of a 6 person college apartment. Some weeks I am fine and others aren't as good (in terms of sleep).

Gears 2 is just a cluster of crap.  Worst $60 i have ever spent on a game, seriously just awful.

God damn it! I loved the shit out of this game (although many BS moments arose).

I felt GoW 3 was much more fluid (I loved the hammerburst in this game), but the maps were an extreme letdown for me (I'm not sure about the DLC, but I just didn't care to pay all that money for them).

GoW 1 was the only one I enjoyed. The campaign and multiplayer is still the best in the series, by far. The campaign was dark and close quarters. With every iteration, the series became more colorful and open-area. It just felt generic, they never got close to what they achieved in Gears 1. As for the multiplayer, it went from a unique close quarter Gnasher game to a rifle vs rifle match. The only beneficial thing that series did after Gears 1 was Horde.

God damn it! I loved the shit out of this game (although many BS moments arose).

I felt GoW 3 was much more fluid (I loved the hammerburst in this game), but the maps were an extreme letdown for me (I'm not sure about the DLC, but I just didn't care to pay all that money for them).

Well I did like horde mode tbh. That had some entertainment.

Really? I thought Old town, mercy, hotel, checkout, sandbar, dry dock and thrash ball were at least decent maps. Overpass and trenches I thought were bad maps but overall felt they had a decent map list on disc

Ah man the DLC had some good maps. Off the too of my head IMO Azura, academy, anvil, slab, depths and clock tower were good. They had one DLC I didn't buy but I heard that map pack was decent.

Wish gears 3 was in mlg :(

Do it. One of the few MMO's with a friendly community, no subscription fee, level up and play literally how you want and get rewarded for doing so. So many dynamic events going on and things that make you feel something is happening to the world so there is always something new to do.

You gotta make friends though otherwise youre not getting the full experience IMO. Some areas of the world are not as populated as others so it really feels dull when youre there by yourself without a friend.

I probably would have already owned it if I had a PC. Had a laptop that could play it, but it needed to be reformatted, but then it broke. So I'm just gonna have to wait for awhile.

Well I did like horde mode tbh. That had some entertainment.

Really? I thought Old town, mercy, hotel, checkout, sandbar, dry dock and thrash ball were at least decent maps. Overpass and trenches I thought were bad maps but overall felt they had a decent map list on disc

Ah man the DLC had some good maps. Off the too of my head IMO Azura, academy, anvil, slab, depths and clock tower were good. They had one DLC I didn't buy but I heard that map pack was decent.

Wish gears 3 was in mlg :(

Yeah, Overpass and trenches definitely come to mind.

As for the other maps, the only ones I like are Old town and Hotel. The rest are okay for me, but don't measure up to Blood Drive, Jacinto, River, or Ruins. That's just my opinion I guess.

I have no say about GoW 3 dlc though. Maybe if they become bundled up for $10-15 then I'll think about buying them and playing.

I would rather keep it real and be negative than to live in Candyland and act like Halo 4 is amazing.

Keepin' it real and TMZ sources? Are you the perez hilton of the Halo community?

H4 is legitimately more competitive as of now than the Ghosts crap I just picked up, reminded me why I could never get into comp CoD and why I dont ever wish to. Its fun on a casual level at times, mowing down people with little thought and thats what the game excels at TBH.  I was playing the comp play-lists(Domination, SnD) and its still one of the most garbage comp shooters I have ever played, its clear to see the game has no intention to cater to competitive players and with annual releases the game's never going to be stable as a comp shooter which I cant stand. I still think a competitive F2P console/PC FPS needs to happen that is supported by developers for a true stable "esport" as F2P seems to be the way to go these days.

I cant speak to Blackops 2 because I only played Blackops, but that game was trash as well and one of the most unbalanced shooters I have ever played. Hard to imagine the difference was because of actual mechanical changes(does CoD ever change its formula?) or because people jumped on the MLG CoD bandwagon because it had legitimate e-sports features for the first time of any console FPS. Just because people are sipping the comp cod kool-aid now doesn't mean it actually has taken steps to become more balanced and competitive mechanic wise. I rank GoW higher than MW in terms of competitive value, but H2 07' is legitimately one of the most competitive online shooter on Xbox/Xbox 360 in my opinion and one of the most quality ones as well. If a H2 remake came out, an actual elite level skill-gap would exist in an AAA console shooter for the first time since Modern Warfare.

I think with some time, Halo pros will place top 16 at CoD or get picked up by established CoD teams and prove alot of people wrong. Its not like the competition in cod is super serious were talking about top AM teams comprised mostly of 15-16 year olds who have no pro-level shooter experience/event wins like the Halo pros do.

I've seen a few other posts by you in regards to competitive CoD. I understand it's difficult to see the competitive merit in it, but most players specifically site black ops 2. I essentially like black ops 2 10x more than I did any other CoD game, and it was a HUGE step up from black ops 1 and modern warfare 3. This "kool-aid" in my opinion was deserved, as there was finally some validity to calling the title competitive. If you talk to most about Ghosts, they won't speak as highly, and will probably tell you it's a step back.

It was a bit of a bandwagon, but that's what happens when the Halo 4 bandwagon crashes, and all these people need to get on something else. It was an easy switch for Halo players, but again, there was still a skill gap in Blop2s, just a way different skill required. All CoDs to me are shit, but Blops 2 was good and enjoyable. You missed the only one I would suggest to others.

Halo 2 in 2007 was my favorite game by a long shot. It was the most fun casually and competitively for me, but I still give Shadowrun the skill gap crown by miles. That game's skill gap is unreal, and every time I think I've played the best, I end up finding someone better. Hitman, you should get Shadowrun! I've seen the other games you've played, I think you would really enjoy the mentality required in shadowrun, and all the empowerment the individual has.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has anyone here played the AVGN:Adventures Games?

The final boss is ridiculously hard compared to the rest of the game. He (literally) keeps shitting on me, feel like a :trash: right now.

Has it been announced what the next halo title will be called? Surely they can't call it halo xbox one, unless they go with H5 I'm thinking they might go for a name like halo combat evolve again

Inb4 halo combat devolved

Inb4 halo descope involved

Has it been announced what the next halo title will be called? Surely they can't call it halo xbox one, unless they go with H5 I'm thinking they might go for a name like halo combat evolve again

It's all but officially confirmed to be Halo 5.

I'm noticing no-one's talking about GoW Judgement. Is that because it's unspeakably bad?

They took the Gears outta Gears of War in Judgment. they removed a lot of good features an added.....erm.... nothing.

I just don't understand the reason for the reluctance to tell us even what it's called

For the mystery... I dunno i mean there was a trailer leak, OXM have called it Halo 5, they just need to acknowledge it. 

I just don't understand the reason for the reluctance to tell us even what it's called

Halopedia summed it up nicely, based on an interview with Phil Spencer:

"Rather than announcing a particular title in the manner of a conventional teaser, the trailer was intended to showcase the future direction of the Halo franchise in a broader sense, in particular the "journey" the Master Chief would undertake. Thus many of the elements in the trailer are most likely more symbolic or general as opposed to being directly representative of the actual game set for release in 2014."

This is part of the reason I'm expecting a trailer for Halo 5 at VXG: technically there haven't been any trailers for it.

For the mystery... I dunno i mean there was a trailer leak, OXM have called it Halo 5, they just need to acknowledge it. 

That trailer was leaked and it was just the same announcement trailer with a "5" at the end. What I think happened is that MS/343 decided to not go with "Halo 5" after the trailer was already made and they quickly made another version before E3 without the 5.

And the OXM writers are just that, writers. They're allowed to look at games early like other reviewrs, but they're not employees of Microsoft. Them calling it Halo 5 is just for simplicty sake (like what we say in forums) instead of "Halo Xbox One".

Basically, I'm confident that "Halo Xbox One" won't be called Halo 5 and it will be something else. If it was going to be called Halo 5, there would be no reason for MS/343 tiptoeing around the issue.

That trailer was leaked and it was just the same announcement trailer with a "5" at the end. What I think happened is that MS/343 decided to not go with "Halo 5" after the trailer was already made and they quickly made another version before E3 without the 5.

And the OXM writers are just that, writers. They're allowed to look at games early like other reviewrs, but they're not employees of Microsoft. Them calling it Halo 5 is just for simplicty sake (like what we say in forums) instead of "Halo Xbox One".

Basically, I'm confident that "Halo Xbox One" won't be called Halo 5 and it will be something else. If it was going to be called Halo 5, there would be no reason for MS/343 tiptoeing around the issue.

Or it could be that they actually did want that trailer to be more indicative of the direction the whole series is going, and the people who created it for them (343 doesn't have an in-house CG team) messed up and used the title of the actual next game (which they would know about) in their first version of the trailer.  

Would be interesting if it were non-numbered though, that hasn't happened with a chief-based game before.

I'm noticing no-one's talking about GoW Judgement.  Is that because it's unspeakably bad?

Because no one bought it.

Gears 2 was literally the most miserable multiplayer experience I have ever had the displeasure of enduring. Going back it makes MW3 look like a triple-A title.

The only reason Halo CE was called that was because Microsoft didn't want to get into shit based on how the word "Halo" ties with religion and shit, hence the "Combat Evolved".

It'd be a foolish move to not call it Halo 5, when most of us think Halo "Insert Number Here", we think: Master Chief, Main Story, etc.

When we think Halo: "Insert Cool Word Here" - we think spin-off, side-store, etc. 

If they want to make it clear that it's a main Halo title, they'll call it Halo 5. 

This is part of the reason I'm expecting a trailer for Halo 5 at VXG: technically there haven't been any trailers for it.

As for a Halo 5 trailer at the VGX, I typed this up on Skype last night:

"Halo 4 gets revealed at E3 2011 - june 2011
We hear nothing until the first Halo 4 Vidoc - march 2012 (unless you count an irl video showing guns being shot for game audio in february 2012)
We get a release date from RvB Video in April 2012
Nothing until E3 2012 were we got a Campaign gameplay video - June 2012".

Of course me basing this off how they did Halo 4's marketing could prove it entirely wrong, but I just don't expect any sort of trailer, especially after this tweet:

I'm hoping for Black Tusk Studios info at VGX over Halo 5. Halo's being made, it's going to be on xbox one, and we all know from a general standpoint what a Halo game could entail. BTS however can be completely revolutionary.

Aw, shame we'll have to wait longer.  You're right Teapot, Black Tusk's game could be something interesting.  Maybe it will have multi based on spy-vs-spy combat, not merc vs spy like Splinter Cell games.  Hope it's not just a linear shooter with a spy skin.

Just so I know, if I wanna start playing a Gear game online I wanna play Gears 3 right?

Yeah.  If you want, send me a message since I'm gonna start playing again later.  

GT- AkumaMatataaa

• Upvote (+1) 1