You still want to play a little?

yeah i can play a few matches.  Eating right now but ill be back on in a bit

Edit: son of a bitch, somethin came up.  You down to play sometime this weekend?

Iv been having this issue lately where no games I play any more are fun. Casually I can't sit down and play single player. When I play multiplayer games I can have fun but only when I win.  As soon as I lose a lot or start losing games consistently I get so frustrated.

I don't even like.... compete for real... and I still find myself not wanting to play the game anymore.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Should I hang up the sticks?

I am just stuck here in limbo. I am 22 but been gaming since I was 3. I feel too young to retire but I feel like at this point its not fun and even casual games are frustrating.

Edit: I am probably just a huge pussy

Iv been having this issue lately where no games I play any more are fun. Casually I can't sit down and play single player. When I play multiplayer games I can have fun but only when I win.  As soon as I lose a lot or start losing games consistently I get so frustrated.

I don't even like.... compete for real... and I still find myself not wanting to play the game anymore.

I am just stuck here in limbo. I am 22 but been gaming since I was 3. I feel too young to retire but I feel like at this point its not fun and even casual games are frustrating.

Happens to me every once in a while. I usually take a small one to two week break where I barely play anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get a similar feeling. After thinking about it for a long time I realise that it's because I'm a very goal oriented person - I can't even go for a walk or a drive without having a goal in mind. Aimlessly going around just doesn't work for me.

So, it applies to games too; as far as multiplayer goes, if I'm not playing with a group of people where we have a specific goal (either to just chill or to try to win as much as possible) the experience feels hollow. Playing alone literally feels like a chore. It's similar in singleplayer too, except it's possible to set goals there: earning achievements, playing on a harder difficulty, personal challenges like clearing an area without alerting any AI, etc etc. Just getting on to play a game for the sake of it doesn't hold any enjoyment for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's understandable. Games like Halo 4 are complete dick, and some classic games aren't as live as they used to be. At least that's the problem I've had before, where I only enjoy games when I'm playing with friends or I'm performing well.

I wouldn't quit / take a break from gaming unless you honestly can't find a game to invest your time in. If you want a suggestion, consider Trials Evolution (XBLA). The replay value is HUGE for a game that costs $15.

YES, DEMS MY FEELS EXACTLY!

Whenever I'm looking down at my game cabinet, I see a butch of Halos, all that require me to play my absolute best, and stay committed to the game, which I don't want to do. Playing CoD for even small lengths of time frustrates me. I also bought Skyrim to only get to level, like, 30 or something on a single character.

You want to know what FPS 90% of the time (discluding Star Wars Battlefront Friday of course.)?

Team Fortress 2 (on the Orange Box disc) for the Xbox 360. Nothing is more liberating than being able to join a relativity balanced game (most of the time) and just do what you please. It uses a server system, so if you leave or join, your teammates are unhindered, your k/d is never recorded, there are no ranks, and most importantly no sense of time. Plus, TF2 in general fits to most playstyles, from turtling with the Engineer to being clever and deceptive as the Spy. Just avoid all Engineer matches...seriously. Trust me, I know that feeling, and for me it passes from time to time just on how I feel on said day.

X-Com is another game I would recommend. Highly differs from most other games in simple yet fun turn-based strategy, far easier than an RTS, but not dumbed down. The singleplayer is the main focus of the game, and is very fun as well.

Happens to me every once in a while. I usually take a small one to two week break where I barely play anything.

Thanks good to know it's not just me. I probably just need a break for a while. Gaming is my only real outlet right now (torn ACL awaiting surgery) but after days like this when I legit quit a game I'm playing because I can't have fun or see myself having fun is getting repetitive and agitating. Just hate the feeling I get.

I get a similar feeling. After thinking about it for a long time I realise that it's because I'm a very goal oriented person - I can't even go for a walk or a drive without having a goal in mind. Aimlessly going around just doesn't work for me.

So, it applies to games too; as far as multiplayer goes, if I'm not playing with a group of people where we have a specific goal (either to just chill or to try to win as much as possible) the experience feels hollow. Playing alone literally feels like a chore. It's similar in singleplayer too, except it's possible to set goals there: earning achievements, playing on a harder difficulty, personal challenges like clearing an area without alerting any AI, etc etc. Just getting on to play a game for the sake of it doesn't hold any enjoyment for me.

Thanks for the advice. Ever since I started really playing Halo religiously online (mid halo 2 days) nothing else has really done it for me. I like you though am really goal oriented and hate not reaching my goal.

Whenever I'm looking down at my game cabinet, I see a butch of Halos, all that require me to play my absolute best, and stay committed to the game, which I don't want to do. Playing CoD for even small lengths of time frustrates me. I also bought Skyrim to only get to level, like, 30 or something on a single character.

You want to know what FPS 90% of the time (discluding Star Wars Battlefront Friday of course.)?

Team Fortress 2 (on the Orange Box disc) for the Xbox 360. Nothing is more liberating than being able to join a relativity balanced game (most of the time) and just do what you please. It uses a server system, so if you leave or join, your teammates are unhindered, your k/d is never recorded, there are no ranks, and most importantly no sense of time. Plus, TF2 in general fits to most playstyles, from turtling with the Engineer to being clever and deceptive as the Spy. Just avoid all Engineer matches...seriously. Trust me, I know that feeling, and for me it passes from time to time just on how I feel on said day.

X-Com is another game I would recommend. Highly differs from most other games in simple yet fun turn-based strategy, far easier than an RTS, but not dumbed down. The singleplayer is the main focus of the game, and is very fun as well.

Thanks for the advice I'll check out some of those games for sure!

That's understandable. Games like Halo 4 are complete dick, and some classic games aren't as live as they used to be. At least that's the problem I've had before, where I only enjoy games when I'm playing with friends or I'm performing well.

I wouldn't quit / take a break from gaming unless you honestly can't find a game to invest your time in. If you want a suggestion, consider Trials Evolution (XBLA). The replay value is HUGE for a game that costs $15.

Thanks man I'll look into that. I think I just need a break for a week. I'll look into that game though thanks.

So the guy who is about to hit 1 million Gamerscore just got a White Xbox One and a lifetime subscription to Xbox Live

2810dff15671d6201ac6a0cd5c113042.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Thanks good to know it's not just me. I probably just need a break for a while. Gaming is my only real outlet right now (torn ACL awaiting surgery) but after days like this when I legit quit a game I'm playing because I can't have fun or see myself having fun is getting repetitive and agitating. Just hate the feeling I get.

Yeah, it happens to almost everyone. I'm kind of in the same boat right now (well nothing near as severe as a torn ACL). I just moved to a new state and really have nothing to do, besides a small 15-20 hr part time job. Won't be starting school again until either next semester or next year. All I have been doing is gaming recently. Whenever it really starts to frustrate me, I will just cut the time I spend playing games for a week or two and read, maybe go to a bar, and/or catch up on some tv shows and movies. Then when I feel like I want to play again, I play. Also, good luck with your surgery and everything else.

I agree. Xcom on Classic or Impossible with Ironman is incredibly challenging but it's so addicting. TF2 is just pure fun. It's also free on PC.

Never been a huge Assassin's Creed fan, but I have been really getting into AC4 .

Competed at the Killer Instinct tournament

Got like top 32 and like $50 of Gift cards.

This is what 1st place gets for every local Killer Instinct tournament at the MS Stores

BZqBw8BIQAAN6TI.jpg

Edit: whoops I mean that's 2nd place. First gets all that and 5k gift card

• Upvote (+1) 5

I always thought having a GBA emulator on my phone would change my life but ever since I have had one for the last six months I still don't find myself playing my GBA classics. I think the biggest thing is the lack of buttons. Playing Super Mario World and GTA3 don't feel right on the iphone sadly.

I play Tetris Blitz though so I might as well have a brick phone.

If you can get your hands on a wiimote there's an emulator which let's it connect it to your phone via Bluetooth. I now play a link to the past without any control issues!

Also I have no idea how anyone can think of jet force Gemini as a good game. I despised it as a kid. Maybe I just sucked though...

Seems that a few Xbox Ones have been shipped with defective disc drives.

And then there is this.

https://vine.co/v/hFpi0LDwhtv

EDIT: 

EDIT: Also another issue where the Xbox One won't get pass the start up screen

LAST EDIT: Look at all these damn tweets. Hopefully this is >1% too. Have to give credit to their customer support though https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/with_replies