Wii U a good system, bought it for my gf a few months ago and has great 1st party titles. The name just ruined the console for the most part though, and the specs suck compared to the new consoles. Games are there though, gameplay >>>>

Most underrated game ever. Go.

SOCOM Combined Assault.

Anyone have Sacrifice and Lavapit on H3? I soooooooooooooooooooooo need it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think i am gonna buy the Wii U

time to go back to Nintendo. my childhood.

tired of bullshit FPS. seems like rinse and repeat.

Cause the PS4 and Xbox One only have FPS games...

Nintendo just has the same old first party game and shittier versions of third party games. One of the reasons why Nintendo hasn't been my go to console since 64.

If you're tired of shitty FPS games(like I am) PS4 is also a really good option too because it has a variety of games. Well I'm basing this off of the PS3, PS2 and PS1. They've always been good for games. Just never had one strong exclusive FPS.

SOCOM Combined Assault.

Don't get me wrong I loved SOCOM CA. But SOOCM II was considered the best SOCOM game by the die hards. I never got a chance to play it, but I played a ton of CA. Awesome game. The guy who made SOCOM I and II made a kickstarter to make a SOCOM inspired game for PS4 and PC. I backed it and its happening! Coming out in 2015.

https://www.sofstudios.com/index.php?/page/index.html

Don't get me wrong I loved SOCOM CA. But SOOCM II was considered the best SOCOM game by the die hards. I never got a chance to play it, but I played a ton of CA. Awesome game. The guy who made SOCOM I and II made a kickstarter to make a SOCOM inspired game for PS4 and PC. I backed it and its happening! Coming out in 2015.

Hmmm....CA is kind of like the Reach of SOCOM. Different, most still like it, but some old timey fans were disgruntled. And, well, I loved Reach. lol

But that may not be accurate. Confrontation was the real Reach of SOCOM, and SOCOM 4 was the Halo 4. And then Zipper died. :(

It's really funny how much Combined Assault had in the way of features and everything, and most shooters this gen don't have those. In game leaderboards, clan support, scheduled clan ladders, cross game unlocks for those mobile games, 32 players on huge maps (remember those 24/7 games on that big snowy map? Was it...Frostwinder or something? hnnnnnng). All on the PS2. Game was way ahead of it's time.

Shit man, that was my shit. I would buy a PS4 JUST a Combined Assault remake. 

Hmmm....CA is kind of like the Reach of SOCOM. Different, most still like it, but some old timey fans were disgruntled. And, well, I loved Reach. lol

But that may not be accurate. Confrontation was the real Reach of SOCOM, and SOCOM 4 was the Halo 4. And then Zipper died. :(

It's really funny how much Combined Assault had in the way of features and everything, and most shooters this gen don't have those. In game leaderboards, clan support, scheduled clan ladders, cross game unlocks for those mobile games, 32 players on huge maps (remember those 24/7 games on that big snowy map? Was it...Frostwinder or something? hnnnnnng). All on the PS2. Game was way ahead of it's time.

Shit man, that was my shit. I would buy a PS4 JUST a Combined Assault remake. 

Kevin Franklin made Confrontation... coincidence? I think not

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wii U has Super Mario coming out this Friday.  That alone and Wind Waker HD pretty much absolutely shit on any exclusive for ps4/xb1

My next gen buying list goes XB1 > Wii U > Ps4 (when naughty dog makes a game)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking the same but just a Wii so I can play Gamecube and Wii games since I never got one. As of right now I see no reason to get any of the 3 next gen consoles.

This is kind of how I feel.

This might be the time for me to finally work on getting a nice PC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spec Ops: The Line was pretty good

I've been meaning to try that. I might grab a copy when I buy bf4 here soon.

And yes Cyren, Jet Force Gemini was amazing. I had SO much fun with that game. But 2 things I can't forget about that game: 1. Hardest final boss of all time. Holy shit. If you actually went back and got all the tribals from all the levels and got to the real final boss in that game, it was a ridiculous thing to ask a 13 year old boy to accomplish. 2. Trying to get a gold on one of the Floyd missions, those little races, had me as mad as Ive ever been at a video game in my whole life. I don't think I've ever sworn so much, with such hatred for that mission.

Don't expect anything worthwhile until E3. There's a small chance there will be a Halo 5 trailer on Friday (X1 launch) but I think it's going to be Titanfall. MS needs to support a Spring released game more than Halo 5 at the moment.

There is this 3 hour Event called VGX on Dec 7 on spike, gametrailers etc...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I always thought having a GBA emulator on my phone would change my life but ever since I have had one for the last six months I still don't find myself playing my GBA classics. I think the biggest thing is the lack of buttons. Playing Super Mario World and GTA3 don't feel right on the iphone sadly. 

I play Tetris Blitz though so I might as well have a brick phone.

I always thought having a GBA emulator on my phone would change my life but ever since I have had one for the last six months I still don't find myself playing my GBA classics. I think the biggest thing is the lack of buttons. Playing Super Mario World and GTA3 don't feel right on the iphone sadly. 

I had to invest in a Slot 2 card for my DS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wii U has Super Mario coming out this Friday. That alone and Wind Waker HD pretty much absolutely shit on any exclusive for ps4/xb1

Smash could suck like Brawl and I own Wind Waker for my GameCube.

That's sick! Why are these games coming to Ps4 and not Xbox One? Something to do with restrictions with MSFTs policies?

Cause Time Splitter Rewind is gonna be forsure on PS4 and PC, but maybe Xbox One.

Im a fan-boy of H2, but I cant flat out call it "forever the greatest game of all time"(understand its hyperbole but still). I think Nadeshot was a H2 AM though so he obviously played H2 enough to know its greatness. Although I understand how addicting and insanely fun the MP was on almost any level. I dont get that feeling with many MP shooters anymore, where I want to play all day because its that fun and competitively awesome.

Cod players think they know the definition of adrenaline-pumping game-play and "trick-shotting" but they dont know H2!

Now I want to play H2 dammit and im gonna start linking tages!

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's sick! Why are these games coming to Ps4 and not Xbox One? Something to so with restrictions with MSFTs policies?

Cause Time Splitter Rewind is gonna be forsure on PS4 and PC, but maybe Xbox One.

Harder to develop for the Xbox One. 

I thought the same when I downloaded it on my phone. Just ended up playing Fire Emblem on it.

I've been meaning to try that. I might grab a copy when I buy bf4 here soon.

It's worth it imo. Has a very good story.

Wii U has Super Mario coming out this Friday.  That alone and Wind Waker HD pretty much absolutely shit on any exclusive for ps4/xb1

Picking up Mario this Friday. Also Wind Waker HD is beautiful.

Most underrated game ever. Go.

Jet Force Gemini.

One and done.

And for hipster cred: Phantom Crash.

Random question: Anyone know where i can get a "no sprint" version of V5 settings? I wanna change some stuff around but keep the weapon patches.