You know what would be cool? If you could snap a view of your teammates while playing online. Like, actually in Halo 5 itself.

Every 2v2/co-op game needs a live feed of your teammate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what would be cool? If you could snap a view of your teammates while playing online. Like, actually in Halo 5 itself.

Shouldn't be hard in theory, just watch your teamate's twitch feed.

Unless the twitch feed mirrors your screen exactly, including your snapped twitch screen. Twitch screen within a twitch screen so you can watch you play halo while you watch your teammate play halo watching you play halo.

Any news on the next game?

Don't expect anything worthwhile until E3. There's a small chance there will be a Halo 5 trailer on Friday (X1 launch) but I think it's going to be Titanfall. MS needs to support a Spring released game more than Halo 5 at the moment.

I miss having the wonder of just playing video games. I haven't been truly captivated by a video game in 2+ years.

Destiny and Titanfall may be the first to do it though. Can't wait for the Destiny beta.

Question, how can people be excited about Destiny? The only thing that game has going for it right now is the fact that it's being made by Bungie (which I then consider that Activision is publishing it and I personally get terrified). Personally, I never get excited for games made by a specific studio, I get excited for the gameplay itself, something that Destiny hasn't really sold that well.

So far I haven't seen anything that makes me say, "Wow, this looks amazing." The only thing I've seen is that it will be a game that takes the social aspect heavily into account (which is great for longevity ex. World of Warcraft). That one gameplay trailer made me think Borderlands 2, gameplay didn't look super entertaining, and the complete silence regarding the PvP system has me wondering if it's even going to be a real thing (Diablo 3 anyone?).

I'm only excited for the co-OP. Game looks like Borderlands and with how they're emphasising the world map it sounds like you can go walk anywhere you want which is pretty cool

So yeah. Borderlands gameplay + Big world= hype for me

Question, how can people be excited about Destiny? The only thing that game has going for it right now is the fact that it's being made by Bungie (which I then consider that Activision is publishing it and I personally get terrified). Personally, I never get excited for games made by a specific studio, I get excited for the gameplay itself, something that Destiny hasn't really sold that well.

So far I haven't seen anything that makes me say, "Wow, this looks amazing." The only thing I've seen is that it will be a game that takes the social aspect heavily into account (which is great for longevity ex. World of Warcraft). That one gameplay trailer made me think Borderlands 2, gameplay didn't look super entertaining, and the complete silence regarding the PvP system has me wondering if it's even going to be a real thing (Diablo 3 anyone?).

I see it more of a stepping stone in console MMOs.

But I don't like MMOs.

I'm only excited for the co-OP. Game looks like Borderlands and with how they're emphasising the world map it sounds like you can go walk anywhere you want which is pretty cool

So yeah. Borderlands gameplay + Big world= hype for me

Exactly. One of the main reasons I don't like Borderlands is because of the map. It's just a boring place to be in. I felt like I was in Arizona playing Borderlands 1. The second one had different environments, but in reality, it was just a different color pallet. It was still a boring world to travel through. Destiny's sci-fi worlds look amazing and it's why I'm stoked for this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ku-xlarge.gif

Yo dawg I heard you like xbox. So I put a 360 in a One while you play you're One.

It should tell you to stop wasting money.

There are several gameplay footages. 

Here is one: 

You can probably find more. The gunplay looks good, the story seems in depth, and the enemy design looks awesome among other things. There is a lot of pre-release info to go off of right now, compared to most games. 

The idiocy is assuming that Bungie made a good PVP

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why can't I have all three? Halo 1-3 managed to accomplish that. Unreal Tournament did too. Lets throw in Shadowrun in fact, although Ive never played it (tho hear only good things from both the casual and competitive side).

And someone else said population was an issue when it comes to playing lesser known fps. For me that would be Crysis as an example, and I agree with that. Less population means the following:

- Longer matchmaking (search) periods (and I for one have only little time to get on and play)

- Smaller player group playing that part of the game that I enjoy as well (think differences in gameplay like Infection vs. MLG)

- Smaller chance of getting optimal host, as the system has less to choose from. This leads to a worse connection for everyone.

As for getting that group of friends to play a game with you:

That kinda undermines my need for sth competitive. Lucky you if you have friends that are competitive gamers, I don't at all (well, maybe two...and they have very little time as well). I could always just get random friends together and Ive done that with Halo and believe me, it AINT fun cause you tend to play the game on a whole other level than them.

I know Im complaing a lot about this but man, the popular FPS are really, really mediocre, and the good ones don't have enough support (players, connection-wise).

I appreciate you actually taking the time and effort for a counter point regarding the more "dead" FPS. Thanks Steve.

Why can't you have all 3? Unfortunately that's the developers fault, as well as partly the consumers who have shifted from supporting games they enjoy to settling for those games they find popular. Actually, Shadowrun is partially credited to killing the competitive drive in developers. Really theres way more to FASA studios demise, but I thought I'd include that.

All good and valid points by the way. Your first point on matchmaking times heavily depends on the game. Halo 3's population had well exceeded either of the "dead" games I play when it went free. Hell, just the MLG playlist had a higher population at points. Despite that, it took me 5x as long to find a match in Halo 3 than it does in either Shadowrun or Monday Night Combat. (Join in progress) As long as theres one game up you'll find it faster than you can connect to a match of Halo 3.

Point 2 is another valid point. Again, it depends on the game you play, as Halo's did provide more more options in gameplay. Especially custom games. The two I had just mentioned don't have that much variety in game modes. It basically comes down to public lobbies and private lobbies, where most of the highly competitive games are played.

The last point is probably the most concerning point when it comes to playing old games. I don't have any solution to this other than asking you where you are located and then saying whether or not you might find these games suitable. EU might not have a good time on MNC, depending on the time. If you were interested in shadowrun and were located in the EU, I could point you to the right direction of european shadowrun players. Pretty sure they tried getting a european tournament together as well.

Lastly I just want to clarify that my real life friends suck. They're casuals. They get pissed at CoD and refuse to give anything a shot that looks more complicated than CoD. Battlefield "confuses" them. Back around Halo 3 I had a lot more locals to lan with, but I don't have any real "competitive" gaming friends. Most who play Halo actually refuse to try anything else out. I'm lucky to still have various halo friends in the area, but the whole quake point I made was in regards to online friends. I've had my XBL account for 10 years and have played through Unreal, RBS3 and all the other OG xbox games I constantly list. Throughout those years I've kept in touch with plenty of people who enjoy those respective games. That's essentially what I meant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i think i am gonna buy the Wii U

time to go back to Nintendo. my childhood.

tired of bullshit FPS. seems like rinse and repeat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Won't find savation there either..

Their games are dumbed down in the same way. Easy arcade experiences with no challenge unlike the old Nintendo classics... At least that's the impression I got. ;)

Won't find savation there either..

Their games are dumbed down in the same way. Easy arcade experiences with no challenge unlike the old Nintendo classics... At least that's the impression I got. ;)

Nindendo wins because of two things:

Whatever the next zelda game is

The next Smash (if it is better than brawl at least)

• Upvote (+1) 1

It won't let watch the video but I'm guessing he had Major anelson over to show him the Xbox One. After Boogie made a versus video and makes the Xbox One sound okay and the PS4 sound amazing.

I was thinking the same but just a Wii so I can play Gamecube and Wii games since I never got one. As of right now I see no reason to get any of the 3 next gen consoles.