I will be picking up Y on my next paycheck but haven't played a Pokemon game since gold/silver can anyone explain the natures and IVs to me? What exactly am I looking for? Thanks

I will be picking up Y on my next paycheck but haven't played a Pokemon game since gold/silver can anyone explain the natures and IVs to me? What exactly am I looking for? Thanks

Natures and Individual Values(IVs) are per-determined values when a Pokemon is caught/hatched that dictate how the stats will look as the Pokemon levels up. IVs are for the most part hidden in the regular game, and can be forced with breeding; basically, a 31 in whatever stat means that the stat will be the best it can possibly be given the correct nature. IVs also determine the type of attack Hidden Power is.

Natures are similar in that they provide a boost in a single stat, but also cause detriment in another. For example, a Timid Mewtwo will have higher speed than a regular Mewtwo, but lower physical attack. Natures are not a universal thing, and certain natures are better for certain Pokemon. You can read further into the subject here and here.

Another thing to note is that since Diamond and Pearl, moves are now split into either Physical or Special; it's no longer determined by the type of move. There are moves like Aura Sphere which is Fighting-type, but is also special.

Already beat it. The last 5 gyms go a lot faster than the first 3.

Ah, that's pretty good. I've only beaten the first 3, been busy without her games, so this has been something I've played on the side.

I do look forward to seeing what the game has to offer later on though.

Don't even worry about any of that crap. Just yolo through the campaign, and then if you want to get into that stuff, just use a battle simulator rather than worrying about EV/IV training your shit. 

Here is one that doesn't require DL. 

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Basically, just play the game for fun and use a simulator for competitive if you are into that. 

What are the population numbers for Halo 3 ?

Really hard to tell right now with the counters being glitched for some. Also some people were having issue with Halo 3 not being free for them on the dashboard. I'd give it a few days perhaps the weekend (people who have full time jobs, and have to find time to game) before trying to look at numbers. Cyren, Royal, Saucey, Violenc3, Coach, Clicked, and myself didn't have much problem between the mixed and joined lobbies we searched with.

After watching that smash documentary yesterday it gives me confidence an old game can succeed competitively even in the year 2013

It's more so the community that made melee stay alive IMO. Halos community doesn't really work like smash, they seem more dedicated

Not to mention the community in general is much larger than halos. Halo didn't hit 30k viewers even on its prime, it was already dying later in h3s life span and the highest halo ever got was 40k for a pre release tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to be back on Halo3 but the people with bad internet along with me sucking with the BR make it pretty bad.

Disappointed I can not find MLG games fast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just found my Halo 3 Mulitplayer disc and started playing.

All those memories when the music played. Holy fuck.

The opening soundtrack gets to me everytime aswell. Had so many good memories from the game.

ded gaem no one playing it

edit, just joined a MLG game on AMP. I do not understand how people have such crappy internet. Ever time I get this kind of connection I will instantly put down my controller and start using my computer until the game is over.

Its actually pretty sad.

ok.

The opening soundtrack gets to me everytime aswell. Had so many good memories from the game.

I get so soppy an nostalgic at the title screen. I was total rubbish at Halo 3 compared to Reach but I still have better memories with Halo 3. 

ded gaem no one playing it

edit, just joined a MLG game on AMP. I do not understand how people have such crappy internet. Ever time I get this kind of connection I will instantly put down my controller and start using my computer until the game is over.

Its actually pretty sad.

Dem amazing Host Boxes based on Dial Up Connection, quite amazing how they are still using this bad system for every Halo when selecting a Host.

Dem amazing Host Boxes based on Dial Up Connection, quite amazing how they are still using this bad system for every Halo when selecting a Host.

i edited my post to not sound like a dick but yeah its pretty unbearable when the game starts out basically in Red bar and I get shot off spawn on a "forge" map