Wait... People actually believe that? 

Are you serious? I mean I saw some people say it, but I just figured they were saying it was easier to use a long range. I didn't think they honestly thought it was overall easier.

Wow. I am very disappointed with the intelligence level of this community. Just wow.

Yeah that was a thing.

I actually got a long message on THC from a known poster on these forums telling me how i'm close minded, ignorant, flat out insulting me. That i probably never used the BR and only the DMR(which he was wrong).

If the person who i'm talking about reads this post. You know who you are. ;)

Wait... People actually believe that?

Are you serious? I mean I saw some people say it, but I just figured they were saying it was easier to use a long range. I didn't think they honestly thought it was overall easier.

Wow. I am very disappointed with the intelligence level of this community. Just wow.

Most of the arguments in the BR vs DMR mega thread at MLG were those arguments.

The only one I remember even saying it was too effective at long range was hulk.

the classic DMR vs. BR argument.

I was on the DMR side.

And ever since the title update decreased the range of the DMR we still stuck with the BR.

this is a can of worms i rather not reopen

I'm sure there's not a whole lot who care about KillZone on here, but this is something really cool that Guerrilla Games are doing.

For KillZone: Shadow Fall. For all the DLC maps that they will be releasing, they'll be releasing them for free of charge. I think that's pretty cool. I plan on buying the game too so it's nice to hear that they're doing that.

Most of the arguments in the BR vs DMR mega thread at MLG were those arguments.

The only one I remember even saying it was too effective at long range was hulk.

Hulk was the only one making good arguments for the BR.

The general consensus (i still disargee with) was that the DMR hindered map movement.

I hated the DMR for it's ease of use at long range but the more I play with the terrible spread of the BR the more i wish we would have gone with the DMR...

Overall I don't think one is particularily more skillful as it depends a lot on distance to the target and scoped DMR fights at range are a pain because of flinch. One is for sure: The BR is a hell of a lot more random and it's so frustrating online.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really wouldn't blame it on "intelligence" but rather knowledge/experience with the game.

I mean, the BR *is* easier to use at close-midrange than the DMR, but the DMR is easier to use at long range, and it takes a certain level of experience with the game to determine which is easier *overall*.

I mean, the stats above show only like a 5% difference- the DMR and BR are actually rather close in skill it takes to use.

I wouldn't call people who said that the DMR was easier to use "stupid",  just less-informed/less-experienced.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hulk was the only one making good arguments for the BR.

Hulk lost his credibility in this argument when he said the DMR hinders map movement on Haven.

I tried hard not to lose it.

This is much more important imo

So something that is literally impossible is more important than something that is possible?

K

• Upvote (+1) 1

So something that is literally impossible is more important than something that is possible?

K

This debate has really been settled already with the direction the game is moving in, there's really nothing else that needs to be debated. So I guess we agree to disagree.

This debate has really been settled already with the direction the game is moving in, there's really nothing else that needs to be debated. So I guess we agree to disagree.

I just want to have fun with the game I love man, 343's tourney had all rifles available. And now we have solid evidence that the DMR is harder to use. It's like revisiting an old case and finding out that a guy was put into jail by mistake. DMR is fun for me, I miss it, the BR isn't, and if there is a chance to argue for the DMR to be included in the settings why not? If you don't want us to discuss it here then fine, tell me and I won't post in this thread about DMR vs BR again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think Halo 4 should have in-game ranks and spectator mode.

Theater for campaign and Spartan Ops plz

I was bored and decided to look at some stats lol. I wasn't really expecting this to change anything because frankly I don't care much for halo now. It really wouldnt have changed my opinion of the game either way. I still would have sold the game for GTA V

I do like looking at the stats for stuff like this because it intrigued me though. Plus it's not like we're discussing anything interesting in OT of GD anyways.

If anything this would be an extremely smart way for ghost or whoever is doing tests for h5 to figure out how to know with empirical evidence, which weapon is more difficult to use.

Theater for campaign and Spartan Ops plz

jv8a.gif

Nope, need more of this. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Would the Halo 4 DMR be better if we couldn't scope in? 

By the way, that should be a customs option in Halo 5. Toggling scope in on all weapons. 

Would the Halo 4 DMR be better if we couldn't scope in? 

By the way, that should be a customs option in Halo 5. Toggling scope in on all weapons. 

It would be best with a 2x scope, 4sk, and no bloom.

Not being able to scope in with it would make challenging a sniper successfully even less likely than it already is in H4.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't get the huge fuss over ingame ranks. If the base game sucks, ranks will be meaningless. For example, Arena when it still had Jetpacks and Vanilla settings.

They're important, but not as important as a good game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't get the huge fuss over ingame ranks. If the base game sucks, ranks will be meaningless. For example, Arena when it still had Jetpacks and Vanilla settings.

They're important, but not as important as a good game.

Motivation to play, I didn't like Halo 3 as much as Halo 2 but ranks made me get on.

Arena had a terrible ranking system too.