1 minute ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Found this little jewel... from 10 years ago...

Most free-to-play games make money by being not fun in clever ways. People will pay to skip the boring, repetitive or difficult parts. They will pay to get new floors in Tiny Tower, or earn money faster in World of Tanks, or play their favorite hero in League of Legends… In most games, “this part of the game is so boring, I would pay money to skip it” is something you would find in a bug report, not a business plan. It’s the kind of issue a good game designer would fix, no extra charge. Most micro-transaction games put the creative and financial goals at odds with each other.

Oddly enough, I don’t think that’s the case here.  I think that Halo is meant to act as an “anchor store” for Xbox.  By nature of being free to play, Infinite should retain a healthy population across all skill levels/locations, allowing multiplayer to function and giving players a starting point for their Xbox exploration.  

• Like (+1) 3

The General Gaming threads are dead. The last set of posts were a year ago. 

What's up with that? Did Covid kill the population here? Is Halo keeping this place alive these days?

19 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

The General Gaming threads are dead. The last set of posts were a year ago. 

What's up with that? Did Covid kill the population here? Is Halo keeping this place alive these days?

That's just about it, probably. Shame. I remember when places like The Halo Council never slept on any board. But Beyond's been around for several years now...and the lot of us are probably adults with responsibilities now.

On 7/3/2021 at 5:28 AM, Faeyrin said:

That's just about it, probably. Shame. I remember when places like The Halo Council never slept on any board. But Beyond's been around for several years now...and the lot of us are probably adults with responsibilities now.

This place was the most active halo online population at one point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 7/4/2021 at 6:57 AM, Botheredhat360 said:

This place was the most active halo online population at one point. 

Is there any other forum more active today?

Do you think most people walked away from Halo because 343 took too long to publish the next title?

32 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Is there any other forum more active today?

Do you think most people walked away from Halo because 343 took too long to publish the next title?

well not technically a forum but r/halo is very very popular now..

I think a lot of the people that were wanting a halo game that went back to the roots are now moving on with their lives.

I'm only 20, so i still have a look around halo, but until the game releases or we get new info this forum won't be as active.

48 minutes ago, Botheredhat360 said:

I'm only 20

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 3

I tried a new trick on bans. I got myself banned and then rather than wait, I thought what if I just changed the clock on my PC? It worked. I got back in immediately. After a match or two, I will just change my clock back.

edit: however, it kicks me out just as the match is about to begin... Interesting...

This custom browser pisses me off because it’s reach. The weapon balance ruins every custom, you got infinite armor ability so people be armor locking, the infected custom games are so horrifically unbalanced it’s comical, reach just in general Plays like ass. H4 or h3 wouldve been far better. Many custom games which originated from h3 like drive or die are ruined because of peoples maps

7 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

giphy.gif

and I thought was a youngin for these parts at 26

I'm just a couple months older than Halo itself lmao..

We're getting old, I can no longer eat anything I want and still have the abs of Christ, some of you are thinking of having family, some of you are thinking of buying a house etc. etc.

Soon this forum may be taken over by the H5 HCS players lmao 

I've been having the time of my life playing Splitgate when the servers work, ngl.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, The Tyco said:

I've been having the time of my life playing Splitgate when the servers work, ngl.

Same; downloaded it the other day and been having tons of fun!

• Like (+1) 1

Splitgate is fun but it got to be boring after I learned how to setup portals facing each other. I can see myself from behind, and when someone comes up behind me I walk through and I am behind them as they look confused looking at my portal ( not through it) .

2 hours ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Splitgate is fun but it got to be boring after I learned how to setup portals facing each other. I can see myself from behind, and when someone comes up behind me I walk through and I am behind them as they look confused looking at my portal ( not through it) .

You got bored from figuring out a basic as fuck tactic? 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Tyco said:

You got bored from figuring out a basic as fuck tactic? 

Well...

ya...

as you say it’s BASIC

After a while you get to realizing it’s not really deep, sort of gimmicky 

1 hour ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

Well...

ya...

as you say it’s BASIC

After a while you get to realizing it’s not really deep, sort of gimmicky 

That's like getting bored of Halo because you figured out nading someones feet works. Just because it's basic, doesn't make it boring, nor does it mean it lacks depth. A player can easily wise up to that portal tactic, especially if it's the only tactic you think will work.

• Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

That's like getting bored of Halo because you figured out nading someones feet works. Just because it's basic, doesn't make it boring...

And yet I felt bored by it...

go figure

6 minutes ago, MrGreenWithAGun said:

And yet I felt bored by it...

go figure

Your loss, I guess.

On 7/7/2021 at 8:14 PM, Botheredhat360 said:

I'm just a couple months older than Halo itself lmao..

We're getting old, I can no longer eat anything I want and still have the abs of Christ, some of you are thinking of having family, some of you are thinking of buying a house etc. etc.

Soon this forum may be taken over by the H5 HCS players lmao 

Yeah I was around 27 when I started noticing that I would gain weight after eating like a pig on the weekend. Now I'm buying a house too. Though I don't think this forum will be filled with new blood or anything. The traditional forum layout does not appeal to younger generations. They want to stay on discord and reddit.

This place is dying with us lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Yeah I was around 27 when I started noticing that I would gain weight after eating like a pig on the weekend. Now I'm buying a house too. Though I don't think this forum will be filled with new blood or anything. The traditional forum layout does not appeal to younger generations. They want to stay on discord and reddit.

This place is dying with us lol

You're a new account tho? Maybe there is some hope 

On 7/19/2021 at 10:56 PM, The Tyco said:

Same here brother

EWsWCOA.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 8/18/2021 at 8:24 AM, Knighty Knight said:

Very solid game. Low floor, high ceiling. Great mechanics, animations, and weapons!

You must be talking about Halo 4

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1