I just got to hold a British soldier’s L115 sniper rifle. This thing was at least 5 feet long, weighed about 50 pounds, had a suppressor on it the size of a can of tennis balls, and an even bigger 25x scope. That was the highlight of this JRTC rotation so far.

Did you hit any sick clips or no scope anyone?

Did you hit any sick clips or no scope anyone?

I thought that went without saying. What kind of noob do you think I am?

• Upvote (+1) 1

@ I fucking knew it! I just found 2 coins hidden in the first islands without having to talk to anyone. I swear I checked every inch of the map but somehow missed them, and somehow just found 2.

island one, slightly top left of the axe character hidden in the trees. (Sort of near the shortcut)

Island two, right underneath the die to get to island 3. There is a green caravan and it was either in the bushes to the right or inbetween the caravan by the clothesline.

Glad older games have conditioned me to mindlessly walk around looking for secrets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought that went without saying. What kind of noob do you think I am?

I've seen your sniping in Halo so I was concerned

So I completed the 2nd island in Cuphead, and beat like 3 bosses in the 3rd Island when the game crashes. I reboot the game and my save data has been wiped out. So frustrated.. like I was already mad that the game didn't release with online multiplayer but I really don't feel like redoing this game even though it's been really good and a bit frustrating so far.

Apparently it's not that rare for the game to do this, and most of the complaints are on PC. They should put a disclaimer on shit like this if it's a known problem.

So I completed the 2nd island in Cuphead, and beat like 3 bosses in the 3rd Island when the game crashes. I reboot the game and my save data has been wiped out. So frustrated.. like I was already mad that the game didn't release with online multiplayer but I really don't feel like redoing this game even though it's been really good and a bit frustrating so far.

Apparently it's not that rare for the game to do this, and most of the complaints are on PC. They should put a disclaimer on shit like this if it's a known problem.

Wow. That's fucking BS. Can you download a save file of similar progression online and transfer via flash drive?  I would be pissed.

Does the game not do cloud saves?  wtf?  Makes me scare to waste more time on it.  

Wow. That's fucking BS. Can you download a save file of similar progression online and transfer via flash drive?  I would be pissed.

Does the game not do cloud saves?  wtf?  Makes me scare to waste more time on it.  

I really have no idea. I figured the game is saving to my xbox hard drive. When I was a kid I would get upset when my gameboy or Snes games would lose their data but that at least MADE SENSE to me that the games data was saved onto the cartridge.

That would be cool if you could do that but I doubt you can with Xbox. I was around 75% probably.

Dude, the D2 raid... Holy hell.

It's so much fun. A very weird theme compared to all the Destiny 1 raids but still great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well for whatever reason if you have a 360 H4 disc and put it into your XB1, the XB1 queues the download of a bunch of 360 games that you don't own and they work. Like Lost Odyssey, AC3, Dragon Age, Deus Ex and some Japanese ones. I haven't tried disc 2 but people say there are games on there also. That empty green square ended up being Bloodrayne 2 on the OG Xbox.

20171103_023433.jpg

Well for whatever reason if you have a 360 H4 disc and put it into your XB1, the XB1 queues the download of a bunch of 360 games that you don't own and they work. Like Lost Odyssey, AC3, Dragon Age, Deus Ex and some Japanese ones. I haven't tried disc 2 but people say there are games on there also. That empty green square ended up being Bloodrayne 2 on the OG Xbox.

20171103_023433.jpg

The picture is not showing up, can you explain a bit more? I want to try this after work today and see what you are talking about.

The picture is not showing up, can you explain a bit more? I want to try this after work today and see what you are talking about.

It doesn't work anymore anyways. The games also won't start up now unless you have the disc although they worked fine for about half an hour for me. I didn't find out about this until probably a while after after some other people did. When I put in my H4 disc it would say the game needs an "update" of like 150gbs to play. It would show Halo 4 installing along with a bunch of other random games. You had to keep the H4 disc in to play them, though.

Here's some Reddit thread about it https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7ahaux/insert_halo_4_disc_into_xbox_one_and_unlock_free/

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't work anymore anyways. The games also won't start up now unless you have the disc although they worked fine for about half an hour for me. I didn't find out about this until probably an after after some other people did.

I can see the picture now too, but thanks for clarifying. I had a feeling that by the time I got home from work they would have fixed this.

@@Teapot

Random but do you play OW on PC and were you playing the Junkenstien event? Bumped into someone by the same name but forgot to ask if they were from beyond.

@@Teapot

Random but do you play OW on PC and were you playing the Junkenstien event? Bumped into someone by the same name but forgot to ask if they were from beyond.

Nope no PC for me. Was it just "teapot" or "Teapot Yo"? I play on Xbox.  Some cute chick stole my Teapot Yo twitter handle and I'm like wtf why would anyone want that handle.. but then I realize that I do so.. yeah. Probably not many teapot's out there but it wasn't me.

Apropo Timesplitters. Game had so many game modes/features/content/variety no other game can really touch that. It's a Burnout of FPS games.

I got a feeling game like that wouldn't get released nowdays without companies trying to monetize a lot of that content.

Apropo Timesplitters. Game had so many game modes/features/content/variety no other game can really touch that. It's a Burnout of FPS games.

Except for Perfect Dark, of course.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except for Perfect Dark, of course.

Same developers right? For n64 at least. I heard pdz had a ton of options too but yeah it's insane what you could change in PD N64.

the level of depth to the AI control and options were well ahead of its time..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since I double posted...

Www.Twitch.tv/lmegl_xo

Small CE LAN that was supposed to end at midnight but is now going till who knows when

@@Hard Way What settings would you recommend for reverse tag FFA? Radar on? I picked up an OG Xbox this week and am trying to come up with some fun side gametypes so it’s not just normal Slayer. Already made 400% SWAT which is dope af

Same developers right? For n64 at least. I heard pdz had a ton of options too but yeah it's insane what you could change in PD N64.

the level of depth to the AI control and options were well ahead of its time..

Yes. Many people from the GoldenEye/Perfect Dark team emigrated from Rare sometime around 1998 or '99 before the game's initial release in 2000 - the same year the first Timesplitters game was released. The entire game was waaay ahead of its time, the only thing refuting that fact is the framerate, but I'm used to it. I even think the N64 version is more aesthetically pleasing than the HD remaster.

As for Perfect Dark Zero... the game's content was lackluster, in comparison to what the original game was able to accomplish on an 8MB cartridge. No A.I. Co-op, no Counter-Agent mode, you can't earn cheats by speedrunning through levels because cheats aren't in the game, the weapon sandbox is bland, limited, and uninspiring. It also doesn't have Combat Simulator challenges, there is no open-world Carrington Institute for Joanna to practice her training sessions (i.e. unlocking 8 GoldenEye weapons by getting gold stars in the Shooting Range), and many more. The last time I played PDZ was in June, and before that, it was around December 2015; @@FarSight XR~20 can feel you in with the details about how much of a disappointment it was as a prequel.

This is a lengthy rant, but I feel I need to express my disappointment with the game. I hated how slow and sluggish Joanna felt, the aiming system puts Halo 5's heaviness to shame, recurring characters are badly portrayed, and the anime-esque art style was just stupid and out of place - at least when Bungie experimented with Halo's art style with Reach, everything was still recognizable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@FarSight XR~20 can feel you in with the details about how much of a disappointment it was as a prequel.

I spent ages on the official PDZ forums back in the day doing just that. ^_^

First off, they threw the original art style in the trash and came up with an entirely new one which can be described as...soft and bare. Gone are the intense colours, chrome, and striking industrial forms, to be replaced by flat pastels, round edges on everything, and characters that look and move like rubber. I mean, holy ragdoll, Batman! The physics are like a damned Havok tech demo.

Then there's the level design. I haven't actually played the game because every video I've seen of it looks so bad, but if the playthrough of the first level I watched was any indication, PDZ doesn't have levels so much as it has places for you to walk around aimlessly in until something happens. And as for the gameplay, the enemies are bullet sponges that have none of that GE/PD quirkiness in either animations, design, or AI.

Virtually everything is wrong with PDZ. The only things it has going for it are some fancy graphical effects and 32 player multiplayer. Characters/character designs, awful. Soundtrack, boring. Weapons, not nearly as cool as PD's (even with the pointless "tertiary functions"). Even the logo isn't anything to write home about. But probably the worst offender out of all of this is the movement. Gone is the twitchy, arcadey strafing and spinning, replaced by the feeling of trudging through mud and what might be the most gimmicky roll maneuver in gaming history...ugh. -_-

At least it seems to run ok. So it's merely a contained dumpster fire compared to MCC's runaway tire fire.